Anybody feels dissapointed?

2006 Need for Speed Carbon
SuperString
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Anybody feels dissapointed?

Post by SuperString »

I downloaded Carbon demo, and to be honest, I don't like it much.
First the preformace. I don't know how you guys play, but it doesn't run as smooth as MW. Though, since its MW engine, I can get same preformace. But I can't turn motion blur on and at 1024*768 it goes kinda slow (<25 FPS). That is interesting, since I play MW on 1024*768 with all maxed out except anti-a, and the game really flys. Have Sempron 3100+ with 1 GB DDR and 256 X600. Really wierd.
Second, although cars are modeled even better than in MW, they shine too much, like they were made of glass. Maybe its my grafic-card though.
And what the hell did they do with physics? Driving a car feels like driving a truck. I had run with all 3, and Lambo was the worst. With 100 mph it was fully uncontrolable in canyon curves. And seems the cars can drift only in drift mode, tried to drift in canyon run and only thing you can do is power slide with SS. And in the end, canyon race wasn't exciting like they said in interviews. I know it's just demo, but in 2 days game is going to hit the shelves, no time for changes...
The only really cool things I find are the way music change in Autosculp menu when you change your car class and that now you can raise a supercharger out of hood.
And where the hell went boost gauges????
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Re: Anybody feels dissapointed?

Post by Skyline_man »

SuperString wrote:Second, although cars are modeled even better than in MW, they shine too much, like they were made of glass. Maybe its my grafic-card though.
Thats the worst thing imo, they look like plastic :roll: , and no, its not your gfx card, its the PC version.
Tordenflesk
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Tordenflesk »

Not so much disappointed, i guess i was just expecting to much. But the full version seems sooo much better. Remember the demo's over a month old, so they *might* have fixed it up a little since they made the demo. *hopes they did*
Flameking
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Flameking »

im disappointed i wont even get to play the demo OR the real game till 5 months later. -_- my graphics card sucks and my dad wont install it on his pc which has a better one because he claims "EA sticks ads onto your computer that you dont want" >_> i have to buy a new console xbox360 and we have to save up for that >_>

T_T (cries)
enzo.ph
Drift King
Drift King

Post by enzo.ph »

the gameplay is awesome... i don't mind the gfx that much and IMO its better than MW although i would like to have daylight driving though. Thank god they didn't have the U2 handling...

Autosculpt sucks... canyon racing ownz...
SliM_880
Professional
Professional

Post by SliM_880 »

enzo.ph wrote: Autosculpt sucks... canyon racing ownz...
:roll: weird u were the one with the best designs in ug2...

anyways yea im disappointed... not because of the demo... because i knew that ps2 has no online mode at all...
SJ_PleaseDontShootMe
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by SJ_PleaseDontShootMe »

I was bit disapointted at first.. then i tweaked the setting to perfect balance
between looks and performance.. got used to the new handling.. started to like the
cartoonish graphics.. and now i really like it :)
Dragster
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Dragster »

I'm not dissapointed, just the opposite... gameplay is so addictive and enjoyable, can't get enough of it. I've been playing the demo since I downloaded it every now and then, good thing I'm free of school for the next week :/

<3 NFS: Carbon
SuperString
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by SuperString »

Well, I know when I downloaded MW demo last year, I literaly almost fell of my chair. Exccellent intro and main menu with fast camera angle changes, super details, and when I started a race just couldn't believe it. No more "angry mob" or some steamy chick waving with flares, only I, opponents and the road. Even physics were improved over (in my opinion catastrophic) U2. And when I started that roadblock event with Viper, almost left out of breath. So much fun haven't had in any game. Not to mention the gfx. Sure gonna play Carbon, it has its strenghts (>50 cars, different classes), but it's kinda shame it doesn't produce such WOW! effect as MW did.
MaryJane
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by MaryJane »

I´m not disappointed... I actually think that the game seems better than what I expected...
BrontoX
Professional
Professional

Post by BrontoX »

Well the game is good it's much better than i have heard from the reviews so i am still getting the full game but the demo could be better.
ahmad0410
Professional
Professional

Post by ahmad0410 »

Don't complain when the game doesn't run well or look good on your PC. Blame your PC and get a console.
BrontoX
Professional
Professional

Post by BrontoX »

Errr...I wasn't complaining if you are talking to me
MaryJane
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by MaryJane »

3 years ago I got tired of upgrading my pc, so I bought Xbox, and last year, Xbox360... It´s so much easier...
Fadeproof
Professional
Professional

Post by Fadeproof »

im not dissappionted, but i think the crew thing is crap. it annoys me how they keep talking to u every 10 secs during the race. i hope u can turn that off in the actual game.
BrontoX
Professional
Professional

Post by BrontoX »

I have no problem at all with the crew it sometimes gives you some info of what is happening.
And i don't think the crew can be turned off.
Arnau
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Arnau »

I don't think that a PC is for playing videogames...

Buy a console! lol :)

The demo didn't disappointed me. I loved it.
Fadeproof
Professional
Professional

Post by Fadeproof »

@bronto: lol yeh i no the actual crew cant be turned off...what i meant is i want to be able to turn off their voices while ur actually racing.
BrontoX
Professional
Professional

Post by BrontoX »

That's what i meant but i have been thinking a little and i think you can by going in sound options
????
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by ???? »

you can race without crew members if you want.
Tyrant
Professional
Professional

Post by Tyrant »

I'm dissapointed I can't run the game.
BrontoX
Professional
Professional

Post by BrontoX »

That is not really a dissapointment
Tyrant
Professional
Professional

Post by Tyrant »

Why not?
Danyutz
Donator
Donator

Post by Danyutz »

BrontoX wrote:That is not really a dissapointment
oh really? I downloaded the game 3 times mate, I was so disappointed after the 2nd archive gave me the corupt message again, that I couldn`t sleep all night, just think abot this, you wait for so damn much time for a game, the producer gives you a bit of it, and you can't play it, doesn't that sounds dissapointing?

Tyrant, sorry mate that the demo won't work, just think possitively that the full game will ..all the best
BrontoX
Professional
Professional

Post by BrontoX »

Well it's not like you paid for it but where do you download your demo from cuz i downloaded from File Front and it worked i will give you the link for it cuz at File Front nobody had problems.

EDIT: Here is the link to the file:
http://browse.files.filefront.com/Need+ ... files.html

Return to “Carbon”