Will you be a street racer when you grow up?

Serious discussions on matters not covered by other boards. The un-serious type of users should refer to the Can of Spam.

Would you want to street race when you grow up?

Course I would
25%
No way! Mommy!
26%
Meh, maybe
49%

Total votes: 73

drftkng
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Will you be a street racer when you grow up?

Post by drftkng »

I saw this article in the newspaper that said that games like Need for Speed and other street racing games could make you become a street racer when you grow up. :? Who thinks this could be true? Now my mom is more worried than ever when I play Need for speed. In real life, I'd probably be too much of a wimp to actually street race. :roll:
evilmegamonkey
Professional
Professional
Location: If this post is recent, probably in front of a computer/I heard this thing will cut you off from typ

Post by evilmegamonkey »

What's that smell?

Bacon?
Stereo
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Re: Will you be a street racer when you grow up?

Post by Stereo »

drftkng wrote:I saw this article in the newspaper that said that games like Need for Speed and other street racing games could make you become a street racer when you grow up. :? Who thinks this could be true? Now my mom is more worried than ever when I play Need for speed. In real life, I'd probably be too much of a wimp to actually street race. :roll:
I agree. I'd probably tune my car though, but not race.
donaldgladden
Professional
Professional

Post by donaldgladden »

actually we've all street raced before. whenever its a tuned car, showroom stock car, or even a bicycle.
steelsnake00
Professional
Professional

Post by steelsnake00 »

Crappest. Poll. EvAr. Street racer's are the stuff of fiction, largely. Theres a few around in every country, but most people who claim they street race are talking bollocks.
'01 Triumph TT600- Race spec everything
'94 Audi S2 Quattro- Road legal track project
PSZeTa
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by PSZeTa »

Obviously some trafficlight sprints but not ''oh i am a 100% authentic streetracer''. :roll:
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

I'll be one, as soon as I finish my university degree.....I'll start buying stuff to my ride and keep practicing lots of things NOT in the road,away from civilization :D and OBVIOUSLY with the precautions of every streetracer.
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

ok, after your university degree, Id be glad to see you die in a crash.

thats why they added warnings to every need for speed game since underground to drive safely, and keep the racing in the game or on a closed circuit.

and no, i will not street race. you mess with the law, and you risk your life.
Last edited by Fishwhiz on 23 Mar 2007, 01:31, edited 1 time in total.
S2000_Skyline12
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by S2000_Skyline12 »

Fishwhiz. What the hell is wrong with you? Why would you say something like that? I mean the occasional "Oh thats a fricking stupid idea" will come along but saying we'll all be glad to see you die in a crash would have to really be the stupidest thing i've heard in a while.
*sig removed for being too big. max size 550x120px & 50kb*
Stereo
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Stereo »

S2000_Skyline12 wrote:Fishwhiz. What the hell is wrong with you? Why would you say something like that? I mean the occasional "Oh thats a fricking stupid idea" will come along but saying we'll all be glad to see you die in a crash would have to really be the stupidest thing i've heard in a while.
Aww, he's just 12. Don't blame the poor little thing. =(
DarrenR21373
Professional
Professional

Post by DarrenR21373 »

The "Traffic Light Grand Prix" is my limit as well.

And I will admit to occasionally trying to keep up with much faster cars than my own, just to see if I can :twisted: It's quite surprising just how quick a 110BHP 1.9 Turbo Diesel can be...
arabnight
Drift King
Drift King

Post by arabnight »

hahaha a game does not make u do anything, i hate how ppl make it sound like games make u a street racier or a killer or w/e
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

fine i edited the frikin post so you wouldn't be so angry that i insulted your e-friend. and how is that so stupid anyways? just because hes your friend, dont try to make me change my opinions about things because your opinion is different.

and stereo, id said a while ago id like people to shut up about me being 12. just becuase im younger than yall doesn't mean much, this is the internet.
S2000_Skyline12
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

No. Your wrong again. He's not my "e-friend" (no offense) because I hardly know him. I didn't try and change your opinion and noone told you to edit your post, I just thought it was a really stupid one. And about people always pointing out your age. If you didn't say things like that, maybe not as many people would put together a stupid comment with young age.
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

how is it that stupid, please explain.
and ive been on this site for two years, so at least im not 10.5 right now.
imo if this is an nfs fan site, then i think it should be open to any nfs fan who knows how to obey rules of a site, so thats why im not afraid to post my age.

btw, the only reason you probably think its stupid is because you want to be a street racer yourself and you are afraid you are going to die. if thats the case, dont bother posting again, you're obnoxious.
arabnight
Drift King
Drift King

Post by arabnight »

dude what the firetruck who cares i seen alot of bad accidents with stupid ppl racing down the road and dot know how to drive cause they think they got a great car and its only like there 1st or 2nd year driving , u really dont know how to drive well until its like ur 4th year or more cause i seen 8year viets just smash into another car cause they did something stupid dont get on the kid cause he said somethin like that and dont take everything to heart
S2000_Skyline12
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Ok. This is why I think what you said was stupid. Why would you be glad to see someone dead? Thats like me saying, i'd be glad to see one of your family members dead. Get it? And why do you think I care about how long you've been here? I've been here for two years also, does that matter? No. Do I care if you post your age? No. This is the last thing I will say of this matter so it doesn't go farther and the mods/admins don't have to get involved.

nightmares wrote:dude what the firetruck who cares i seen alot of bad accidents with stupid ppl racing down the road and dot know how to drive cause they think they got a great car and its only like there 1st or 2nd year driving , u really dont know how to drive well until its like ur 4th year or more cause i seen 8year viets just smash into another car cause they did something stupid dont get on the kid cause he said somethin like that and dont take everything to heart

I didn't take it to heart so much it was just seemed like a stupid thing to say imo cause i'm only 2 years up on his age and there isn't much behavioral change between that imo.

And btw. Why the hell would I wanna be a fricking street racer? Wreck my car? Kill myself?
Last edited by S2000_Skyline12 on 23 Mar 2007, 01:58, edited 1 time in total.
YaelDjiel
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by YaelDjiel »

S2000_Skyline12 wrote:so it doesn't go farther and the mods/admins don't have to get involved.
exactly, stick to the topic :twisted:

as for the topic: i wont be one.. maybe some trafficlight runs.. but thats it :P
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

well, street racing is sort of like smoking. it kills, you. so what i was trying to imply was that sort of like smoking, street racing is a stupid mistake and it will get you into a heap of trouble, and eventulally you die.
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

Smoking gets you in trouble? :shock: Is it t3h illegulz?
'Sides, you'll eventually die no matter what you do. ;)

Street racing, eh? Nah, too much traffic. :P I'd just keep it on the track.
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

I really doubt that all streetracers will die from what they are doing, the percentage of accidents is relatively small if you know how many times it's done, but when something happens it is often very serious.

Will I be a streetracer when I grow up? No, reason... simple I am already grown up and I am not streetracing, and I play NFS games from the early days, when I didn't have a license.

Did NFS make me like cars even more, YES!
Did NFS and other racing games make me want to race cars, YES!
Do they want to make me go to a industrial area and race against some 18yo ricers.... NO!

I don't think that the Not following the law is the big issue here, the big issue in streetracing is the fact that you risk other peoples lives, and your own but that's not as important as risking the lives of innocent people, but then again injuring or killing yourself does cost the society alot of money, so it does affect us all... but now I am going way off.

And not following the law is simply the least of the worries.
Look hardly any one who drives follows the rules by 100%.
I consider myself to be a pretty good and decent driver, but I do ignore some rules, like speed limits on certain roads like highways, but only when they weather is good and there is no or hardly any other traffic.
evilmegamonkey
Professional
Professional
Location: If this post is recent, probably in front of a computer/I heard this thing will cut you off from typ

Post by evilmegamonkey »

Fishwhiz wrote:and stereo, id said a while ago id like people to shut up about me being 12. just becuase im younger than yall doesn't mean much, this is the internet.
It does mean something.

Some of us are wiser/more experienced at thing.
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

Fishwhiz wrote:ok, after your university degree, Id be glad to see you die in a crash.

thats why they added warnings to every need for speed game since underground to drive safely, and keep the racing in the game or on a closed circuit.

and no, i will not street race. you mess with the law, and you risk your life.
Ok smart guy. You are really a stupid kid you know why???
Because you don't even f*cking THINK what the hell are you saying.
First of all, I'm ALWAYS concious of what can happen in a streetracer life.
Second, I'm not a guy like those stupid kids that believe that they have speedbraker and sh*t in "their cars".
Third, I DON'T WANT TO READ AGAIN THAT YOU WILL BE GLAD OF SEEING ME DYING. Damn stupid kid. Get a real life....you're 12 and you think you know enough in life?? you're just getting involved in school and you talk to me like I didnt know what to do???
I'm sick of guys like you
That's why this world is really f*cked up...

Xturbo. :x
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

I think this whole thread is full of fail. :|
Jopuma
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Jopuma »

I wouldn't become a street racer just from playing a game. :?

That's just plain retarded to do street racing.

Return to “General Discussion”