ferrari dlc vs. other cars online?

2009 Need for Speed SHIFT
Xzeptie
Stock
Stock

ferrari dlc vs. other cars online?

Post by Xzeptie »

Hey peeps. My first post on this forum.

My big wonder about the new ferrari dlc, is if i buy it, can i then race with my ferrari against other people without the dlc?
I want to own other people in my ferrari, so they can envy me and my ferrai xD

Cheers
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Re: ferrari dlc vs. other cars online?

Post by Hydro_PT »

I don't think you can. I saw a post of someone around here complaining about that, saying that he could only race with a Ferrari if the people he was racing online against had the DLC too (even if not using a Ferrari).

It makes sense after all. If your game doesn't have the model of a certain car, what will happen when the game needs to render that particular car for an online race? Of course that EA could have solved this problem by adding the Ferraris via an "update", so the game would be able to use the cars do display in an online race, but the user wouldn't be able to drive them if he/she hadn't bought the DLC.
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Re: ferrari dlc vs. other cars online?

Post by TheStig »

Or they could do it like they do in Forza 3, give all DLC cars a blank "ghost" image so that people who didn't get the DLC still can play, they also give you the ability to download 1 car for free and get all the other cars in the DLC with it but you can't buy them, you can only see the other DLC cars in the track when other players use them.

Return to “SHIFT”