World Starter Pack Available for Pre-Order

Need for Speed World Online News (visible on NFSUnlimited.net)
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

World Starter Pack Available for Pre-Order

Post by Bojan »

The Need for Speed World Starter Pack, which will unlock the level cap in the game, is now available for pre-order. Retailers include EA Store, Gamestop, BestBuy and Direct2Drive. By pre-ordering with any of the mentioned retailers you're also eligible for a free bonus car and more goodies.
The price of the starter pack is $19.95.
More info available on the official website
ianism
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Re: World Starter Pack Available for Pre-Order

Post by ianism »

yeah. thats what i was expecting.
i have nothing more to add
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

Not going to buy. im not going to pay 70% of a normal game price just to UNLOCK something IN GAME that SHOULD be available to EVERYONE FOR FREE. Way to go EA. Next stop: paid cheats! =D>
Wow. they even went as far as to create special (probably far better) cars for those who pay.
kostis1993
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by kostis1993 »

Oh yeah, it was just matter of time! Now I can faint... :cry:
KammyworldRacerGT4
Drift King
Drift King

Post by KammyworldRacerGT4 »

I already went through this once, guys. Please don't make me repeat myself. It's not like the asking price is like the cost of a new PS3 game.
*sig removed for being too big. max size 550x120px & 50kb*
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Dr Houbenheimer »

:O I saw this and I was just gonna write, "we're gonna get some agro comments hey XD".

Personally, I will not go ahead and buy the pack, especially for $20 bucks, but mainly because I don't know if we need to get any more packs after - we're not sure exactly what we're paying for. But hey, I'm sure people will go out and pay for it, and as Kammy said, that's NOTHING to the price of a new game.
RBA
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by RBA »

Dr Houbenheimer wrote: But hey, I'm sure people will go out and pay for it, and as Kammy said, that's NOTHING to the price of a new game.
Yeah, that's nothing to the price of a new game, only IF you want one of the cars. I calculated and if, for some reasons I wanted to get all 4 cars (as I said if I'd wanted the 4 cars), I would have to pay around 9$ more than if EA just made the game in the good 'ol ways, aka a DVD in a box.

I mean, if they made 4 starter packs, I'm pretty sure that the others 3 cars aren't available in game for free (after you bought one of the pack). It wouldn't be logical of EA to do so, since they're trying to make money out of the 4 packs.

And heh, if there are some bugs that aren't worked out, will they make paying patches?

I can see this game going well over 120$CDN. Already, if you want all four cars, it'll cost you 83,98$CDN.

So, no thanks, EA keep ur game, and next time keep ur lies to yourself too.

PS: I put the money in $CDN, because I'm from Canada.
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

Don't worry about the cars too much, the stock options will still be available.
Jinix
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Jinix »

meh i had a feeling it was gonna be give or take that.... i may download it and just drive til the lvl cap then get rid of it, i wont pay money for a gmae that I may ONLY be able to play for 3 to 5 years, I can still play hot pursuit 2, UG1, UG2, MW, because their offline, but the second they decide to pull the plug on this it's all gone and wasted money.

seriously??? 20 bucks for a car and be able to lvl, and the cance of losing the game down the road.... may get it, but with criterion's NFS round the corner, nah no deal!
KammyworldRacerGT4
Drift King
Drift King

Post by KammyworldRacerGT4 »

No idea what you meant in the second paragraph, so I'll skip to the next.

Why would EA make patches with a price tag, knowing that it will be the one thing that will actually weewee people off? They didn't do it then, so what makes you think they'll try it now?

$420 CDN? For a FREE-TO-PLAY game? For the packs, probably, but not for the game itself.

And yet again, I'm trying to find at least one occasion that EA has lied to its fans. Oh, wait a second, that's because there are none.

All of this @ RBA.
*sig removed for being too big. max size 550x120px & 50kb*
RBA
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by RBA »

KammyworldRacerGT4 wrote:No idea what you meant in the second paragraph, so I'll skip to the next.

Why would EA make patches with a price tag, knowing that it will be the one thing that will actually weewee people off? They didn't do it then, so what makes you think they'll try it now?

$420 CDN? For a FREE-TO-PLAY game? For the packs, probably, but not for the game itself.

And yet again, I'm trying to find at least one occasion that EA has lied to its fans. Oh, wait a second, that's because there are none.

All of this @ RBA.
First, if you read correctly, I said it would easily go over 120$ NOT 420... Second, if you remember when EA announced the creation of World, they said it would be completely FREE (I guess you could find the definition of the word in the dictionary, if you know what that is), to thank all of the loyals fans of the NFS franchise. Free mean that you don't need to pay at all to get a COMPLETE game. But with the leveling being blocked at level 10, which mean you get restricted in the game, if you call that a COMPLETE game, well, there might be a problem with your way of thinking. So, EA lied on the fact that they promised all the fan a COMPLETE FREE game, while they don't give it.

The second paragraph, I mean that they released 4 starter packs, each ones with one car in it, surely in stock version. 1st pack is the AE86 Trueno. 2nd pack is the Mazda 3 Special Edition. 3rd pack is the VW Scirocco. 4th pack is the Nissan Silvia S15. Ok. That's four DIFFERENT cars. If they did it that way, that mean that if you only take, per exemple, 3rd pack, you surely won't have access to the Trueno, nor the Mazda, nor the S15. What would be the logical reason behind having 4 packs if the others 3 cars would get unlocked when you buy one of the packs?
EDIT: BUT I was wrong. The way I understood what was written on EA's site was that to have the BASIC car, you had to get the starter pack. But on another forum somebody corrected me, telling me that the starter packs cars were PRE-tunned cars and that you still could get access to the normal car in game. So, don't care about my ranting in the second paragraph.

Return to “News”