Improving Qualitly of screenshots

Discuss editing Need for Speed Underground.
o0Yo FLipsidER JQ0o
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Improving Qualitly of screenshots

Post by o0Yo FLipsidER JQ0o »

photoshop tutorial

Ever wondered how to make your car look better than what the screen shot gives you? Well, you can do this to increase its quiality.

Look a the first supra. no modification, except for the name.

Heres a way to improve its quality.

1- Copy that layer you want to improve
2- On the new layer, add the Filter>Noise>Median effect, and place it on 5
3- Change the new layers mode from normal, to overlay, or if you want a briget version, pick soft light
4- "optional" go to layers, and flatten image

Notice how the second one looks better in quality. you can do this to any image really to make it looks better than the original. hope this helped.
Attachments
supra_copy_1833.jpg
Solft Light improved Sura
(104.33 KiB) Downloaded 1443 times
supra_copy_1832.jpeg
Normal Supra
(116.3 KiB) Downloaded 1445 times
supra_copy_183.jpg
Improved Overlay Supra
(96.83 KiB) Downloaded 1446 times
::xxGneoVisionXx::
Stock
Stock

Post by ::xxGneoVisionXx:: »

Hmm, not bad. I can use some of thease techniqes myself. They can come in handy. I own a website so hey, I got to do my part in iamge making. I like your car by the way.
UrQuattro
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by UrQuattro »

flipsider, the second picture is the original picture, and out of the three it looks best.... The other two (first and last) look very dark, and imo worse than the middle.

So what did you do exactly and to what picture! I mean the original one is better. Or is the first one is how you get it from the game (than you got problems!)...

can you sort of explain to which pics you refer in your 'tutorial' (when you attach them, they don't nececarily come up in the order you wanted...
Jmac-
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Jmac- »

Yeah, that confused me ... I like the original better (same reasons as UrQuattro) ...

Everyone has his/her own tastes, though ... What is beautiful to one person may not necessarily be beautiful to the next ...
exonn
Professional
Professional

Post by exonn »

the best way for me to improove my pics quality is to make them brighter by 20% and put more contrast 20%. thats all...
o0Yo FLipsidER JQ0o
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by o0Yo FLipsidER JQ0o »

The site where the tutorial is is down right now. ill link it l8r. BTW it might be your screen settings that makes it look different.

Return to “Editing”