Anyone remember NFS PU? :)

Need for Speed Hot Pursuit 2, Need for Speed Porsche, Need for Speed High Stakes and older
Winston
Ricer
Ricer

Anyone remember NFS PU? :)

Post by Winston »

Hello, everyone!

I'm still playing NFS PU, and loving it! :D

But I've got a question about the best time for Monte Carlo 4: I've never been able to beat the computer's default best at 01:14.93... this time is set with a 911 Turbo (probably the 2000 one).

I've completed both Evolution and Factory several times, and I've beaten the best times for all the other tracks in the game (including the other four Monte Carlo tracks). My best time so far is 01:23.00, set with the '98 911 GT1 racing car. I've tried the '00 911 Turbo as well, but the GT1 seems to be the best car for the task.

Is this a bug in the game, or is there something wrong with my driving skills? Or maybe there's something wrong with my choice of car?

Any hints/tips/explanations are most welcome, cause this is driving me nuts! I wanna win it all, you know! hehehe
orvnahum_
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by orvnahum_ »

I still have NFSPU around here somewhere, even though I suck horribly :P
barracuda7110
Ricer
Ricer

nfs

Post by barracuda7110 »

orvnahum_ wrote:I still have NFSPU around here somewhere, even though I suck horribly :P
Yeah it sure sucks, but ea sucks much more cause they don't do anything what could make nfs:pu run on windows xp without problems.
100% dissapointed :/
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

I'm running it on XP... without any problems... but can't remember the times.... if I beaten it or not...

I know I did not finish the factory mode... cause I could simply not make 360s and 180's fast enough.... on the skidpad....

but races... I know I beaten loads of times

I will check what I did... there
Winston
Ricer
Ricer

Re: nfs

Post by Winston »

barracuda7110 wrote:but ea sucks much more cause they don't do anything what could make nfs:pu run on windows xp without problems.
I've seen others complain about that too, and can't understand why. I have been running NFS PU (Swedish version, called "Porsche 2000") on my Windows XP computer for years, without any service packs, with SP1, and now with SP2. Never had any problems with it of any kind (except I can't beat that one lap record).

Today, I also tried playing via internet for the first time. It downloaded updates, and then wanted me to register. The registration page didn't exist tho, and when looking around for a way to do it, I found out to my disappointment that there is no such thing as NFS PU online anymore. :cry:
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

there is a way...

you have to DL a program that lets you connect to a server... non EA server that is...

but don't expect it to be busy.... could be...

If I can I will try to find it... but also try yourself....
Koffy
Professional
Professional

Post by Koffy »

Ok, if you adjust gear rates and drag values and suspension properly in the Car Setup are, you should smash that record with the GT1. That isn't of much help right? Well you will have to try the settings yourself. Remeber in montecarlo tracks you need a very well balanced car, not much oversteer, not much understeer....

Return to “Older Need for Speed Games”