pimp my ride challenge

Everything related to the website services Showroom and Showroom Challenge.
SunnyGTiR
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

pimp my ride challenge

Post by SunnyGTiR »

after going through all the cars, i have come to the conclusion that alot pf people dont know what pimp is. 1/2 the cars should not be there. there was a bunch that were nice, good for a diff comp, but not pimp.
the challenge shares nothing in common with the mtv show except the name, so i didnt really like all the xzibit stuff. real pimping is about cutomizing a luxury vehicle with big rims, lots of chrome/gold, slammed to the ground with hydro/bags, nice paint (everything matching). not kits,vinyls,decals.
this is what i think of pimp.
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

yeah I know... I was hoping to see that more also...

but I gave people the freedom to choose what they wanted... and gave hints what to choose... but did not want to setup so many rules WHAT to choose and so....

so I suggest... to vote high on the REAL PIMPED OUT cars... and give low votes to cars that just aren't PIMP at all... on that base make a voting system...

lets just hope a real pimped out ride would wen eh?
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Well, I disagree. As do probably most of the entrants in the comp. The title says 'Pimp My Ride' and I would expect that most ppl will make the connection to the MTV series. If it was about pure 'pimping', it would have been called the 'Pimp Challenge'.
SunnyGTiR
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by SunnyGTiR »

i do hope that one of the good ones win, i would say there was 10-12 real good cars, so hopefully they get top 3.
Sweeper
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Sweeper »

I did check my garage, only one car could qualify for the challenge and that was my Civic that had a way crappy looks.
So I decided this was not something for my car due to all the extra vinyls.
I'll see if I got something for the sleeper one though.
master m
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by master m »

GT3x24x7 wrote:Well, I disagree. As do probably most of the entrants in the comp. The title says 'Pimp My Ride' and I would expect that most ppl will make the connection to the MTV series. If it was about pure 'pimping', it would have been called the 'Pimp Challenge'.
I agree with you for 100%. I had the same thoughts about this challenge.
I made my car like it would be done in the TV-show, not how a real PIMP would do. 8)
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

true! that is a thing I designed the challenge for... to see if you guys(and Girls) could make a car that could have been made by the WCC crew for the Show... and I don't mind the pics of the Pimp my ride logo and the pics of Xzibit etc...

but then again some cars like it or not even missed that goal of creating a car that could have been in the show.... they build a high speed (full performance) car with several parts that would not be uses by WWC...

if you watch the series closely you will notice that they almost always use GIOVANNA or Gianelle rims and audio by Clarion and more things like that... and if you build a car with more race insprired parts like OZ and a complete race car... I think you missed the goal...
cause most cars in the show are bright cars with alot of paintwork and no or almost no performance stuff!
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

And a little add on to that, the rims they put are always chrome. ;)
ViperJay
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ViperJay »

yeah...I think more than 1/2 cars in the comp have nothing to share with pimping rides, cause they're the same style we can see in all the showroom garages and in others competitions...so... :roll:
btw, I can bet on of these cars will win the comp, and not a pimped one...I'm sure!!!
[and btw, I could see a lot of hard photoshopping works...where are the rules?] :roll:
2Pacaveli
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by 2Pacaveli »

GT3x24x7 is right, the name was wrong, i saw alot of tuners with a little chrome and hydros and ppl thought they were pimped
only a few were real pimped cars
maybe there should be a new comp?

btw, where's my caaaaar???? i submited it and i cant find it now!
this: http://www.nfsunlimited.net/underground ... c/view/403
is the link to it
it says 'Entry does not exist'
whats that??????????????
steffG09
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by steffG09 »

So far there's proof that ppl don't know what a pimp ride is. I've seen some of the BEST pimped cars where most ppl think the cars 100% pimped, but there's one or two guys who think the car ain't pimped and would better fit in another challenge. So some of the cars that ain't pimped and are pure racers could easily rate real high...
Morty
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Morty »

I just went thru the cars, and voted on all of them, and I'm disappointed. Judging by the comments given, a lot of ppl have misunderstood this challenge (either that, or I misunderstood). I went thru the cars from Pimp My Ride before I made my entry, and I also used that when I voted.

For a start, the SUVs. I went thru this guide, and I don't see a lot of SUVs. The SUVs that are there are either old (85 Chevy Suburban, 85 Ford Ranger, 87 Chevy Blazer) or chosen to replace a car that couldn't be saved (2005 Toyota 4Runner with Flame vinyls). So I wanna know, how can you guys say that a Hummer, Escalade or Navigator with only one color is within the theme of this competition (this goes for the demo car as well)? This show isn't about the rappers million dollar rides, it's about saving old pieces of junk.

You won't see a Skyline or a G35 on the show, probably not a Lexus either... So I'll admit it, my car (a Lexus) ain't perfectly within the theme of the competition either, but it's closer than all the black SUVs.
Nasadus
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Nasadus »

It would be kind of hard to save old pieces of junk in NFSU2.The reason beign,oh i don't know.....there are none!!.When i first saw the name of the challenge i immidiatly though to myself,Bad a** SUV's.Lots of chrome,big stereo's/TV's etc.
SunnyGTiR
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by SunnyGTiR »

yup exactly. read the rules, says nothing about being like the tv show, and in fact, one of the admins made a post saying make it bling bling, use chrome and spinners ect. pimp my ride show is stupid, its more like rice my ride, they give $3k wheels but wont get a cold air intake.

now if the challenge said make a before and after pic and make it like the tv show, then these other cars would be ok.
Morty
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Morty »

Ok, Sunny, when did you last read the name of the challenge? I thought it clearly said "Pimp MY Ride Challenge". If you think the show is stupid, that's not really my problem, I'm not a huge fan either, after they ruined that 240SX. But still, this competition is about that show. You did see the MTV logo on the democar, right?

Return to “The Showroom”