NFSU --> PC or PS2?

2003 Need for Speed Underground
rasic
Stock
Stock

NFSU --> PC or PS2?

Post by rasic »

Just got em both and I have to tell ya, If you have a PS2, forget about NFSU for PC cuz although they're exactly the same, the gameplay is much more comfortable on PS2. Great game for both though! Just like <i>The Fast and The Furious</i>. <b><i>MUCH BETTER THAN MIDNIGHT CLUB 2</i></b>

peace,
<a href=mailto:webmaster@autospirit.net>rasic</a>
<a href=http://www.autospirit.net><b>auto</b>spirit<b>.net</b></a>
SuperRacer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by SuperRacer »

Well, my PC gamepad is modeled after the PS2 gamepad, and PC graphics are better, so...GO PC! :)
Stereo
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Stereo »

I agree SuperRacer.
_I3urlNlouT_
Drift King
Drift King

Post by _I3urlNlouT_ »

PC rocks, better graphics and easier controls :)
rasic
Stock
Stock

Post by rasic »

have you guys actually played both? I fint the PC graphics not much better, thats with a Geforce 4 Ti 4200. But I do like the motion blurr on the PC. Maybe all I need is a gamepad modeled after the PS2 one ..hehe :lol:
SuperRacer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by SuperRacer »

That gamepad is the Logitech Dual Action gamepad. It's very cheap (I got it for $20) and it works great.
Rogue
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Rogue »

Well there you go rasic, you can now have the best of both..
Koffy
Professional
Professional

Post by Koffy »

For racing games, gamepads are better, but the advantage of PC is that you have a lot of keys on your keyboard to play a game like CS, HL, Medal Of Hornor, Q3, and so on.

PC for me, please. :wink:
SuperRacer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by SuperRacer »

It's a lot easier to play first-person shooters with the mouse and keyboard, so consoles are only good for racing/sports games.
Koffy
Professional
Professional

Post by Koffy »

But some console builders have noticed that, and now they offer you console in which you can plug mouses and keyboards, with HD's, access to the internet an others. That's no longer a console. Thats a mutant console, computarized, compacted into a small box. :?
Those are not real consoles. Snes and Genesis are. :wink:
xXx
Drift King
Drift King

Post by xXx »

Hmmm........ mutant console eh.......??

I would agree with you on that...... 8)

But anyway... for me, I would also go for the pc but..... for now I will stick with the ps2 version until I buy a new pc .......( cause my current pc too slow..... I meant very very slow...... ) :roll:
Rogue
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Rogue »

But ya ps2 version works fine hey??? Gotta say though keyboard has been better for me in all nfs series games so far.
SULLY
Stock
Stock

Post by SULLY »

Im going with the PS@ version i find it much easier to turn on the PS2 than Computer
xXx
Drift King
Drift King

Post by xXx »

Rogue wrote:But ya ps2 version works fine hey??? Gotta say though keyboard has been better for me in all nfs series games so far.

Actually, I am still waiting for the ps2 version to come out in stores...(it's quite slow here too... :roll: )

I will tell you bout it when I buy it ok... :wink:
And as for the controller, I still prefer the keyboard... cause all my victorys in the nfs series is from the keyboard...( so I guess nfsu will be the first nfs game I try on the console... :wink: )
Koffy
Professional
Professional

Post by Koffy »

SULLY wrote:Im going with the PS@ version i find it much easier to turn on the PS2 than Computer
You are impatient uh? But if you want to chenge games, you have to turn off or reset the PS, eventually change memory card, and despite, you don't have the possibility of adding user made cars in NFS4 for psx, for example.
Rogue
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Rogue »

Hey xXx, good to hear that your still around.... the demo for the game isn't being released here until later on next month and don't wanna spend that much time downloading off the net as only have one phone line.
xXx
Drift King
Drift King

Post by xXx »

Thanx, Rogue... long time no hear from you too... :wink:

By the way..., I already buy the nfsu for the ps2 & man, it's nice...
The only problem that I have with the game is the control settings... cause I couldn't customize the buttons to my likings.....
It's difficult for me especially when I need to shift or to use the nos.....(well, you know that I have disabilities problems...)

Well, I hope the game comes out quick at your place, so that you won't have to wait so long..... :wink:
killmenow423
Stock
Stock

Post by killmenow423 »

i got it for ps2 because my pc sucks and ps2 controls are l337, but if i had a sweet computer and i had a gamepad i would definently go with pc because it is much clearer.
xXx
Drift King
Drift King

Post by xXx »

I would agree......... :wink:
Rogue
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Rogue »

Dude, all well with me here....as for having trouble with controls for nos haven't ya found a game pad suitable making things easier??? As for here still waiting for the game. Saw the ad though which looked quite good, better than nfs 6 by far anyway.
Ricer
Ricer

Post by 37714 »

Personally, i don't see how someone can find racing easier using a game pad rather than a racing wheel.

PC all the way.
Rogue
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Rogue »

I actually gotta take things the other way and say I can't understand why ppl don't find using the keyboard better than a wheel. You race tracks at top speeds from the beginning and keyboard responds quicker..
Ricer
Ricer

Post by 37714 »

For the same reason you don't have button controls in a real car.

With keyboards - Your throttle is either on or off. Your brakes are either on or off. Your steering is full lock or nothing.

Racing wheels allow for far better control, and are invaluable when playing realistic racing games. I realise that NFSU is very arcade and lacks realism, which may mean that the on/off response of a keyboard works as well as a wheel.
Koffy
Professional
Professional

Post by Koffy »

You just have to get used to the on/off thing. But most of the new games correct that by with the response time feature. When you press the key, it take arroud a secontd till it reaches the maximum.
Rogue
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Rogue »

And what about for a wheel. Response for me has always been too slow..

Return to “Underground”