JAPANESE OR EXOTIC???

Discuss your favourite cars, racing or non-racing
Grez~Supra_RZ-S
Valued Member
Valued Member

JAPANESE OR EXOTIC???

Post by Grez~Supra_RZ-S »

personally, i prefer japanese cars to anything. but theres only 2 cars in the world id swap mine for, and theyre both exotic (ferrari f40, tvr cerbera speed 12). then again, ive seen a supra thats faster than both of these (to 60 anyway, an nearly keeps up with tvr on top speed). whch is better? put answers up, its been an argument with me and my mate 4 ages now, and ive got money down on it:D
Attachments
mine.jpg
(8.26 KiB) Downloaded 4838 times
*sig removed for being too big. limitations are 550x120px & 50kb*
Om3n-PL
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Om3n-PL »

i just wanna tell you that the RX-7 is a good car, but the "Subaru Impreza" should be mostly used on rally expecially the "STi"
Rogue
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Rogue »

Just like the 4WD over here that's meant for the rugged bush but is used more often thatn not on city streets..
Koffy
Professional
Professional

Post by Koffy »

I'd prefer a Turbo 911 4WD, or an Audi Quattro.
Grez~Supra_RZ-S
Valued Member
Valued Member

Just wanted to point out something, sti isnt the fastest impreza, the p1 is. and i know theyre fast, i just dont like them. my brother has a p1, its the only reason my rx7 is tuned, nice bit of sibling rivalry:D
Attachments
p1.jpg
ugly, but very fast
(4.67 KiB) Downloaded 4826 times
Om3n-PL
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Om3n-PL »

true true, but i still love the STi version.
Grez~Supra_RZ-S
Valued Member
Valued Member

a lot of people do. nice skyline in that pic by the way:D
Om3n-PL
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Om3n-PL »

why thank you its mine, but i cant seem to upload it to car showroom, ill try some time later today
UrQuattro
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by UrQuattro »

Audi UrQuattro Sport version. That's what i'd pick as my favourite Exotica.
I just like the concept of a supercar that looks little different from stock, has the grunt to kill Evos and it's 20 (!) years old.
I-5 Turbo, 306BHP, 258lbft, 0-60 in 4.8 . You can't get closer to Group B rally days! Oh, and only 300 ever made, so I'd say you look special in it.

From Japanese - S 2000 - the best 4 cyl engine in the world.
Attachments
Audi Sport Quattro posting.jpg
(91.84 KiB) Downloaded 4763 times
Grez~Supra_RZ-S
Valued Member
Valued Member

ill agree its a good old car, but it doesnt have the grunt to kill evos im afraid. evo 8 fq300 60 in 4.3secs 330bhp, evo 7 4.5secs 276bhp, matches evo 6 tho at 4.8, but has 280bhp. despite that tho, very fast audi (stats were from http://www.fast-autos.net)
UrQuattro
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by UrQuattro »

Both are good, the evo and the Audi. And with a skillful driver - well, it depends. Of course evo's more refined, and modern. But I just have a soft spot for Audi. I have a video of Top Gear shootout between Audi and Evo6 = I know Evo won by a mere overhang.

But here is what I have against EVO - it's too popular. Audi is rare. This makes it an Exotica. Evo is just FQ car! :)
Grez~Supra_RZ-S
Valued Member
Valued Member

Its funny, i agree with your argument over why you like the audi more, just not in the same way. i personally prefer evos to the audi, but i really hate imprezas because of how common they are....and also because theyre sh*t, and people who own them think theyre all racing drivers in formula 1 cars, when theyre not
bigtwit
Stock
Stock

Post by bigtwit »

grez ur completely rite the RX-7 is da one and only! the Impreza is way overated it is a pile of rallying s**t! if u want one u need ur head checked!
bigtwit
Stock
Stock

Post by bigtwit »

also ur car is a bute!
bigtwit
Stock
Stock

Post by bigtwit »

pacodog wrote:Audi UrQuattro Sport version. That's what i'd pick as my favourite Exotica.
I just like the concept of a supercar that looks little different from stock, has the grunt to kill Evos and it's 20 (!) years old.
I-5 Turbo, 306BHP, 258lbft, 0-60 in 4.8 . You can't get closer to Group B rally days! Oh, and only 300 ever made, so I'd say you look special in it.

From Japanese - S 2000 - the best 4 cyl engine in the world.
wht about the renault five turb or th Ford Rs200 both group b legnds! :twisted:
UrQuattro
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by UrQuattro »

Renault 5 was rear wheel drive, and legend may be, but it's looks... And RS200 - well, don't know, there is no much success behind it, when compared to Audi, Pug T16 or the S4 Lancia. That's facts. And in real life - own a renault 5, you'll be sorry for the rest of your life!

Now for the Impreza. People, why so much hate, Impcraptza and so on? Why are you SO against it? After living 2 years in the States, no other car I hate more than the CIVIC coupe/Hatch. Most people driving it on highways need a lesson in driving. Rocket exhaust, 1.6 motor, zit faced kids driving it. I am an ok driver, and on public roads obey the laws. I had 5 (!) near accident situation in Connecticut where I used to live, all with Civic's. ALL. So I am biased. But nothing annoys me more than that car.
:!: And Impreza - yes it's overrated, but it just won a WORLD RALLY Championship. So give it a break. Besides, it's AWD, has a state of the art Boxer engine that has a nice sound to it. It's safe to drive and for the money you get good performance (interior quality and parts cost aside). Plus, most of us are only familiar with toned down imported versions, and did not see on streets the Japanese STI.

Sorry, didn't mean to get all pissed, but the Civic thing. Arghhh. It's not the Imreza I don't like. It's the little civic that thinks it's the Ultimate racer.

And to all civic drivers here - my respect, don't take it personally, please... Unless you happened to nearly crush a gray '00 Audi A4 Avant 2.8 on I-95 this or last year!!!
Grez~Supra_RZ-S
Valued Member
Valued Member

There are many reasons to hate imprezas. Firstly, they look like a freshly laid turd. Secondly, they are only reasonably quick, they are not the top fuel dragster which most people think they are. Thirdly, the drivers are normally complete twats (my brother only partially included lol). And as for winning the rally, look at the competiton - ford focus, citroen xsara, pug 206, not exactly fast, the mitsi evo 8 doesnt count as a competitor cos its always in the pit. So, if theres any more people out there who hate these cars as much as this, me and a mate will (hopefully) soon be setting up our own UK car club 'scooby slayers'. If we can do it, ill post details of how to join 8)
Attachments
crap4.jpg
(3.62 KiB) Downloaded 4710 times
UrQuattro
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by UrQuattro »

In all fairness, I agree the 2nd generation Impreza looks boss eyed.
We can argue on this for a long time actually, especially the rally part.
Impreza: only good in wet (Pirelli tires). It's not the fastest, nimblest (Oh common, only Lancer is bigger), nor the most powerful. It had a good consistent and passionate pilot, Solberg, who took it to victory, a deserved on.
And as for winning the rally, look at the competition - ford focus, Citroen xsara, pug 206, not exactly fast, the mitsi evo 8 doesnt count as a competitor cos its always in the pit.
Ok, first, the Xsara is the fastest, and until Focus WRC 03 was introduced, it was the most powerful as well. Pug - it's nearly as fast as Xsara (same company). And the FORD - well, my fellow country-man Marko Martin made that car fly in Finland. And Lancer - even if it did compete, it would be crap against those cars. Too big and unreliable in WRC trim. That's why they pulled out. And don't expect a remarkable come back next year as well - the Lancer WRC04 is still testing, and won't show potential till 05.

Anyhow, to put this issue to a draw, I am posting this pic from wrc.com. Enjoy!
Attachments
Impreza WRC 03.jpg
(123.45 KiB) Downloaded 4705 times
Grez~Supra_RZ-S
Valued Member
Valued Member

Still, I know whcih car Id rather own...
Attachments
evo8.jpg
(25.11 KiB) Downloaded 4699 times
new_zum6.jpg
(16.75 KiB) Downloaded 4699 times
UrQuattro
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by UrQuattro »

A bunch of people debated over this one, exp. the spoiler. I like this car best though, of the LANCER series (it's not EVO!), it's based on lancer sedan.
Attachments
lancerwrc04_02.jpg
(83.11 KiB) Downloaded 4692 times
Grez~Supra_RZ-S
Valued Member
Valued Member

Its nice, id rather have the vo version personally 8)
Attachments
evo.jpg
(18.67 KiB) Downloaded 4505 times
Grez~Supra_RZ-S
Valued Member
Valued Member

*evo version, crappy keyboard lol
DenZer
Drift King
Drift King

Post by DenZer »

Have to say Japanese as well :)

I think the evo is a nice example of just how nice a car can get :)
Grez~Supra_RZ-S
Valued Member
Valued Member

another evo
Attachments
evo8-3.jpg
(21.6 KiB) Downloaded 4497 times
DenZer
Drift King
Drift King

Post by DenZer »

I'd have to say that i like them both, but if you mix them it would be totally nice :)

Like : put the rims and the entire front from the first onto the second, and then, Damn boy, then you'll have you a top nice Evo :)

Return to “The Cars”