New CD

Serious discussions on matters not covered by other boards. The un-serious type of users should refer to the Can of Spam.

What do you think of it

It sounds great!
29%
Not sure.
21%
Not my style.
50%

Total votes: 14

Jopuma
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

New CD

Post by Jopuma »

Demon Hunter has a new CD out called "The Triptych". It's pretty good. Here is a link to hear their songs.

http://www.purevolume.com/demonhunter

The three songs after "Undying" are from their previous album "Summer of Darkness". The best song IMO is "Deteriorate". That song is really cool. I can't stop listening to it. :lol:
Fadeproof
Professional
Professional

Post by Fadeproof »

its not my style.... im into the rap/hip-hop music
Jopuma
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Jopuma »

IMO that type of music suks, but its your choice. I won't criticise it.
Fadeproof
Professional
Professional

Post by Fadeproof »

well i think the same about your music...... but i wont critisize it either...\

Please dont take offence to that... because i didnt mean it to be that way... but i think ive typed it wrong....
Jopuma
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Jopuma »

None taken mate. :wink:

People will always have their own opinions about music. Be it rock, rap, hip-hop, techno, screamo, metal, alternative etc. whatever type of music it is, someone will have their own liking of a particular music style. And I respect the choice that they made.
A-spec
Drift King
Drift King

Post by A-spec »

I don't know but I love Rock (esspecally Punk rock) and adrenaline. I might be interested. :)
Pabl0z
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Pabl0z »

You should have added an "It's ok" alternative :).
Listened to couple of tracks and they were ok but not great.
This is something that i wouldn't have problems listening to at some bar or something in the backround but it's not really something that i could listen to all day long.
I'd give a 6 or 7 out of 10 to the couple of tracks i listened to.
So not too bad :).
lol wut
Dragon-of-Rune
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Dragon-of-Rune »

This is great, the song Fire to my soul rocks. And i already pre-orderd the cd at my local cd store. I have the previous 2 cd's of them already :D
Jopuma
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Jopuma »

Pabl0z wrote:You should have added an "It's ok" alternative :).
Listened to couple of tracks and they were ok but not great.
This is something that i wouldn't have problems listening to at some bar or something in the backround but it's not really something that i could listen to all day long.
I'd give a 6 or 7 out of 10 to the couple of tracks i listened to.
So not too bad :).
That's what the not sure function is. Not sure is like if you don't like it somewhat or if you like it a bit or its ok.

I am glad to see people like their music. The best songs from all three albums in my opinion are My Heart Strings Come Undone, My Throat Is An Open Grave, and Deteriorate. Those are really cool.
Felixkissa
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Felixkissa »

well I like Pantera and Machine Head(discovered this recently) so this also sounds great :D
Jopuma
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Jopuma »

Have any of you heard High and Mighty Color? They're like a Japanese screamo band. It's pretty cool.
sxc babes
Ricer
Ricer

Post by sxc babes »

do you have a link for High and Mighty Color aswell? i waznt to keen on Demon Hunter, but im open to try any music really.
xennon119
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by xennon119 »

Well nothing specail to me!
I prefer Disturbed and Spoken to Demon Hunter
Rigga
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Rigga »

It's not my style. I listened to Deteriorate for a while though, sounds pretty nice, but I stopped the rest after a few seconds, it really isn't my style
Drewb99
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Drewb99 »

They sound like they want to be Fear Factory.
Jopuma
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Jopuma »

Well if nobody likes Demon Hunter they should try Skillet. Over the time of 1996 to now their music has gotten awesome. Go to http://www.skillet.com click the bandwidth speed and skip or see the intro. Once that's done wait for the audio sampler to come up.
chemicalcode
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by chemicalcode »

i listened to a few tracks of Demon Hunter. I'm sure they will make a living for a few years in North America, but on strength of that material they wouldn't ever spread their appeal to a wider global audience. sorry lads! The same has to go for Skillet IMO, didn't hear anything groundbreaking there
Jopuma
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Jopuma »

Ever hear of the band U2? If so theres a band called Sanctus Real that's equal to and surpassing U2. U2 was ranked one of the best bands in the world. They're pretty good to with that song Vertigo.

http://www.purevolume.com/sanctusreal
chemicalcode
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by chemicalcode »

Of course I've heard of U2 I am from the UK. But although I'm not the biggest fan of U2, I don't think it's fair to compare the two bands (unless Sanctus Real have been going for over 20 years aswell) i listened to those three tracks, and U2 have nothing to worry about. Again, this band will never make it out of North America ( but then some bands don't need to) Sanctus's sound does remind me a bit of Switchfoot, but it's to alternative to compare to U2. U2 are 100% a pop, granted they play their own instruments but they still appeal to a wide audience. Not sayng Sanctus are bad, but I wouldn't even have thought of them as being in the same genre as U2

oops: edited ^^^
Last edited by chemicalcode on 19 Nov 2005, 03:20, edited 4 times in total.
Jopuma
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Jopuma »

Nah. They only have 2 albums out, but they're really good.
jacoja06
Professional
Professional

Post by jacoja06 »

Well, U2 is my favorite band in the entire planet (As you can see by my Bono Avatar :) ), so I would like to see how Sanctus Real would stack up in the similarity department.

Edit: IMO Sanctus Real would be recognized as a great band if they pull experiments forward into their music. If they just use songs which sound similar to what they use in their previous albums (which people tend to like), then they can’t really grow as a band. U2 had made massive changes to the way they played music, mainly in the 90's, which is the main reason why I like them so much... They took a plunge! 8)

Take POP for example.

Return to “General Discussion”