Battlefield 2 - New Demo

Video games, video games and video games! Racing games, console games, fps, rpg, The everything about video games board.
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Battlefield 2 - New Demo

Post by korge »

Battlefield 2 Preview
-----
-----
Release Date(?)
-----
Game - June 17, 2005
Demo - June 2, 2005

Requirements(?)
-----
Windows XP (incompatible with Windows 2000 and Me)
Pentium IV 1.7 GHz (recommanded: Pentium IV 2 GHz or Athlon XP)
512 MB RAM (recommanded: 1 GB RAM)
Video Card with 128 MB (recommanded: ATI or Nvidia)
DirectX Versión 9.0b

Features
-----
- Online multiplayer action with up to 64 players on the PC.

- All-new gameplay engine brings the immense locations to life complete with realistic physics and dynamic lighting.

- Maps scale to the number of players engaging in battle for a unique and intense experience every time.

- Take control of over 30 land, sea, and air vehicles, including tanks, helicopters, hovercraft, fast attack vehicles, and fighter jets.

- Choose to battle as U.S., Chinese, or Middle East Coalition troops, each with their own unique arsenals.

- A variety of solider classes including Assault, Sniper, Special Ops, Combat Engineer, Medic, Heavy Weapons, and Anti-Tank units.

- New state-of-the-art weapon systems, including wire-guided missiles and laser designated bombs.

- Material penetration feature makes sure players know the difference between cover and concealment.

- Character Persistence and Growth. With in-game success, players increase their rank from recruit all the way to General and unlock new weapons, medals, and more.

- Join a squad or select the new Commander Mode to assume the strategic role of a battlefield commander directing his forces.

- Full in-game community support including, buddy lists, stat tracking, live chat rooms, and in-game clan creation.

- Voice-over IP supported with headset.

-----
Images
-----
http://cerberus.gamershell.com/screenshots.../13787_full.jpg

Tank Platoon driving through downtown. 1024 x 768
-----
http://cerberus.gamershell.com/screenshots.../13789_full.jpg

US Marine firing M16wM203. 800 x 600
-----
http://cerberus.gamershell.com/screenshots.../13798_full.jpg

Dogfight between two fighters. 800 x 600
-----
http://cerberus.gamershell.com/screenshots.../13800_full.jpg

Firstperson View of Digicamo. 1024 x 768
----
http://cerberus.gamershell.com/screenshots.../13806_full.jpg

2 Infantry with tank . 1024 x 670
-----
Video Images
-----
http://s7.invisionfree.com/dertheband/inde...post&id=4670383

http://s7.invisionfree.com/dertheband/inde...post&id=4670393

http://s7.invisionfree.com/dertheband/inde...post&id=4670396

Features are from the Official Battlefield 2 Website
Last edited by korge on 15 Jun 2005, 18:32, edited 1 time in total.
korge
Triskac
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Triskac »

i am really looking forward to this one :twisted:
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

I read a bit about it in a games magazine... it looked awsome... I hope the single player mode is abit better... cause in battlefield 1 it wasn't worth even for trainig.

and also hope that the aircraft are better controleble than in one, I don't know how battlefield vietnam was in that but in the WWII episode the planes where terrible... IMO

btw the graphics look great!
for me it looks like a must have in my collection..
Triskac
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Triskac »

i agree with the airplanes as a fan of the flight simulators :D
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

The airplanes in vietnam are good to use but the trouble comes to dogfights and shooting the missles... its so hard to actually hit a target and still watch your flying.. most of the times, my bombing runs are usually kamakazie.(not on purpose :lol: ) Other than that, i just use the airplanes to paradrop in the enemys bases. they have a new HUD in BF2. The balance and information is now on your HUD like on a real plane which really takes a load off of taking your eyes off the screen to make sure your still flying straight.
korge
Triskac
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Triskac »

the worst thing was that you had really small area to maneuvrating the plane :)
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

so true, flying was easy, but after 5 seconds in the air, you had to do a difficult u turn. From all the videos and screenies.. the maps can be up to 4 - 6 times bigger, depending on how many players are on the map. Now they have a selection to were if theyre are only 2 players, it puts you in a selected region of the entire map, to prevent any transportation problems you may have.
Filefront wrote:How do the adjustable sized maps work? Will the maps expand as the server grows or will it be a pre-set option?
EA wrote:All twelve maps that will be released have three sizes. 64, 32, and 16 player versions will be offered. Dynamically changing the map sizes as the game progresses is not an option but may be offered in future patches.
korge
^Speed 12^
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ^Speed 12^ »

I love Battlefield 1942 and im getting this for sure. Do u play Desert Combat? In that im good in the mirage F1 jet 8) Desert Combat is a mod for Battlefield if u didnt know :wink:
Twinturbo
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Twinturbo »

I had Battlefield 1942. It was great and hope the BF2 will be better
^Speed 12^
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ^Speed 12^ »

did u know that BF2 got the idea from Desert Combat? Shocking.
Triskac
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Triskac »

of course, desert combat is way better than original BF
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

1942 - Best Mod - Desert Combat

Vietnam - Best Mod - Point of Existence...

From what ive read, BF2 will be Vietnam, but with Higher end gfx, 4 times the field size, more more vehicles... more detailed online gameplay, and a mix of gameplay and ideas from the above mods...
korge
Speed818
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Speed818 »

none of that looks like Vietnam to me...
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

Now that BF2 has gone gold, EA has finally released the official Release date. June 21. There were not any new updates other than the fact that EA reccomends players practice single player with the smarter AI before jumping in Multiplayer. From this, it is obvious that BF2 wont be too similar to the original. Im guessing better AI(ones that wont kamakazie helicopters) and more to do. I personally love the balance between vehicles and players.
If there are 20 players, there will be around 38 vehicles. This is good. Not to mention this auto matically changes as does the map size. All these features, including voice over IP will have the combat playing easily as does the team play in Counterstrike.In this i mean all the sqaud based combat. Having teams of 5 is more easy to manage than armies of 30.

More to Come.. i think... :D
korge
^Speed 12^
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ^Speed 12^ »

Great! Cant wait.
Cpt.Razkit
Professional
Professional

Post by Cpt.Razkit »

all i know is that when it comes out, im gonna go buy but i wont be able to play it graphically intence unless i get a new gfx magically...

I loved BF1 becuse me and my friends used to play it alot, but that was when i was in texas...
^Speed 12^
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ^Speed 12^ »

In Texas, did u get sliced with a chainsaw?
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

The Demo has been released! Omg. You ppl have got to download it and play.It includes the Gulf of Oman single-player map as well as the Gulf of Oman 16-player and 32-player map. Contact your nearest game site and get the demo!

:!:
korge
nfsdriver
Drift King
Drift King

Post by nfsdriver »

i wish i had a better computer.. i might buy a gaming computer on ebay so i could play comp games..
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

nfsdriver wrote:i wish i had a better computer.. i might buy a gaming computer on ebay so i could play comp games..
I Thought the same thing but to my surprise it doesnt take much power. I run it at highest settings and get decent frames. So if you have a below decent comp, run the game at lowest gfx and it should run perfect.
But of course, once you play this game it wont be about the gfx. Its just so dmn intense. :D
korge
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

downloading it now.... let's see how it goes :D
Dragon-of-Rune
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Dragon-of-Rune »

I hope original has better graphics then the demo, but not to complain graphics look good.
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

Dragon-of-Rune wrote:I hope original has better graphics then the demo, but not to complain graphics look good.
I have to say, They graphics aren't bad, but definitly more realistic compared to Doom 3 style shaders. Theyre decent to HalfLife 2 graphics, I guess. But since the battlefields can be as big or bigger than the entire City in Underground 2, could you imagine how hard that is on a CPU and Card(Geometry and Polygons)?

This is the map that comes with the demo(16 player version). It may seem small, but when your body is only a pixel on this map, This map is big. Not to mention how cluttered the place is also.

Here is one of the biggest maps in the whole game(not available in the demo.)(This is the 64 player version.)

EDIT-Stig, Make sure you make a User ID. Ill need it later to battle you online. :twisted:
korge
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

I am already online... and have to say it is even better then the single player demo... flying ROCKS here... only have to install my joystick cause that flies alot easier... :lol:

I think the GFX is pretty good... but there are alot of controls to remember... but he... what do you expect

btw I love flying (or co-flying) the Blackhawk and the Cobra... the F35 JSF ain't bad but for the 32 player online it goes to fast and I can't steer fast enough with my mouse atm
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

TheStig wrote:I am already online... and have to say it is even better then the single player demo... flying ROCKS here... only have to install my joystick cause that flies alot easier... :lol:

I think the GFX is pretty good... but there are alot of controls to remember... but he... what do you expect

btw I love flying (or co-flying) the Blackhawk and the Cobra... the F35 JSF ain't bad but for the 32 player online it goes to fast and I can't steer fast enough with my mouse atm
Whats your ID? Im I_Cant_Aim. :lol:

Anyways, I love the way the set up the controls. It can be hectic when your sqaud gets split and seperated and pinned down, but the orders are perfect. :D Too me, I run the gfx at medium and it runs well. On high, the shadows start spazzing out. :P

EDIT- Word to the wise. This is Crucial info.

Battlefield 2 ONLY supports the following video cards:

Radeon X700 (PCIe)
Radeon X600 (PCIe)
GeForce 6600 (PCIe)
GeForce PCX 5900 (PCIe)
GeForce 5800 Series (AGP)
ATI Radeon X800 XT Platinum Edition
ATI Radeon X800 PRO
ATI Radeon 9800 Series
ATI Radeon 9600 Series
ATI Radeon 9550 (RV350LX)
ATI Radeon 9500 / 9700 Series