SR3 suggestions

Everything related to the website services Showroom and Showroom Challenge.
Supra-man
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Supra-man »

so basically, the 10 "elite" users will have a higher effect on the voting system that others? i guess that sounds like a good idea. im just a little confused still but im getting the point now. i think it isn't fair that the 10 "elite" users wont be able to duel though, why can't they?
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

Petros wrote:there is no "special 10 or special 6"...a lot of good looking cars are sanked in the bottom in user rankings..you know why?cause people vote easily 6 or 7 on them just to push those great rides down...with the additional elite rating...at least all rides which are perfect rides according to those elite users...will never sanked down in the bottom,also for duels...how many times i ve seen a great car loosing to an average car?its because voters most time vote the name and not exactly the car...so in duels..the elite users will vote on them..so there wont be any chance of cheating in duels. I really cant see any down site of this idea, its a little complicated but not to the users cause the users dont have to do anything new...only those 10 elite users..all users have to do is to upload cars and duel like in sr2...is that complicated? I saw a comment in yodacks garage and out of curiosity i went in to check...and it sort of explains that his garage isnt really visited by people and his cars dont have even rankings some of them while other garages get a lot of visitors...for this i have only one thing to say, its not bad to check someone's garage write ur comments and ask him to check ur garage back , in order to have lots of visitors..it means you have to visit LOTS of garages...that will be solved again with the elite team since they all going to check cars everyday, dont think that their job will be just to vote duels and called them selves elite tuners...cause they will have lots of work and big responsibility towards users. Thanx again for comments on this. :)
i know! dont show the user name. ppl will know the cars, so they will vote for cars, becauz the cars are showing. it might not help cauz there r butts out there that still know who made the car btw, check how i lot a duel againts rolly rom? ppl liked his user name, so he won. i mean, if they voted for him, since when did ppl like spinners or that style bodykit on suvs? :? :evil:
Petros
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Petros »

@ supra-man : Those 10 elite tuner will have NO effect on the user rating system..they will have effect on the elite rating system which will contain only votes from those 10 elite ones. As for the if they can duel or not...i already talked that with admins...GT suggested that they wont participate but ok...i see no harm if admins agree to let those tuners participate in duels...but ofcourse they wont be able to give their vote in their own duels and noone has to worry about those 10 elite tunners voting and rating according to names...that will be a guarantee cause the selection will be careful and strict.
Supra-man
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Supra-man »

mmmkay. i just think it would be unfair for them not to be able to participate. they would want in on the fun too. :D
Sir Ibi
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Sir Ibi »

how about insted of an elite voter, Bojan could just add a staff rating...?
Cpt.Razkit
Professional
Professional

Post by Cpt.Razkit »

wow that sounds like an idea, but there would be lotz of cars for them to rate... and there arent many Mods/Admins that browse the cars and vote....
Petros
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Petros »

@Sir Ibi : I think Cpt.Razkit answer your question :) the idea is to make the site better but also easier on the admins...so having those 10 elite tuners...will help the admins and also the site's quality
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

The 10 elite tuners idea has one major flaw. I've been saying all over the board for the past year or so that we don't need any moderators/staff members but that still hasn't stopped the flow of "I wanna be mod" posts and pms. I don't even wanna imagine how it would be when 10 positions needed to be filled. Not to mention that people would never stop sending "I wanna be elite member" pms.

And there's the problem of selecting 10 members. Sure, getting 10 wouldn't be a problem, but getting reliable 10 seems like a big challenge to me. They would have to vote a lot and vote fairly and to be honest, we don't have many such users here.

There's still 3 months untill NFSUnlimited.net's SR3, so keep posting your ideas.
Supra-man
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Supra-man »

hmmm, you got a point bojan. unless.........
Petros
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Petros »

Bojan...those 10 ones wont be mods...just regular users with the ability to do what i talked about...as for picking those 10 elite users...as i said...if the idea gets accepted i can guarantee that those 10 ones that we can discuss will be fair and also effective..i already have some users in mind that i would like to mention to you if you want to....and no one will be sending pms cause as we said earlier...anyone who tries to suck up or requesting to be one of those elite tuners...will get punished.
Tyrant
Professional
Professional

Post by Tyrant »

I think team and tuner clans and shiznit should be forbidden.
Surf'sUP^

Post by Surf'sUP^ »

Will there still be a Showroom3 because I mean with just 6 preset body kits per car some vinyls, paint, and rims what can you possibly do to a car it's going to get really old really fast so I think we need to have a new plan for Showroom 3 and part of it would be to get rid of all the Photoshop presentations I think the best thing that we could do would be to make it a meter like show off your best screens of cops chasing you and so on and so forth. Just an idea I want some comments on it so that we know what everyone wants because this is again just me.
Prelude
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Prelude »

I don't think that the bodykit "thing" is really true. I mean november is far. EA can change anything in the game, IMO
Tunerfreak
Professional
Professional

Post by Tunerfreak »

Prelude wrote:I don't think that the bodykit "thing" is really true. I mean november is far. EA can change anything in the game, IMO
You just made my day! :D
Thanks you. I was begining to lose all hope whatsoever, now I have some. Anyway its not too bad of a loss. Lets just hope we can crack the game. :wink:
enzo.ph
Drift King
Drift King

Post by enzo.ph »

here's an advice: EXPECT FOR THE WORST!!! :wink:
Prelude
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Prelude »

Yeah expect! Maybe the PC version of the game won't be so spectacular :wink:
Tunerfreak
Professional
Professional

Post by Tunerfreak »

Now you just killed my day! :(

What I can expect is that im probly going to love the game and most other people are going to find lots of things to hate. An tons of people are going to just keep whining about their MCO and not even give a **** weather they like the game or not.

As for the showroom 3, id still like to see one up there even without all nfsu's customisation.
Prelude
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Prelude »

I'm just kidding, man. I teased enzo :D
gearhead450
Drift King
Drift King

Post by gearhead450 »

I think that te version Bojan played only had six body kits because it was a beta version. Remember the NFSU2 demo, you only had the ability to put several premade kits on your car. I'm not looking for the same amount of customization present in UG2. I thinking more along the lines of UG1. BTW I have a few pics that I'm going to post here from a tuner mag. Starting with the Toyota Supra :D Note the dual exhaust on the car :shock:

Image[/img]
"Go anywhere, Go anywhere fast, Go anywhere fast looking like a damn pimp."
Rigga
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Rigga »

I have an idea for SR3 that would be a bit more downvote-proof: if you want to rate a car, you also have to comment it, next to your comment, the score you clicked will be visible, this way you won't have people going through garage's voting 6's or something without commentin, and the mods won't see that as downvoting
chimpzrl
Drift King
Drift King

Post by chimpzrl »

But throw in a couple of spaces and no letters, then they can vote without commenting anyway.
Rigga
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Rigga »

but you'll know who gave you a low vote for no reason
^Sparco^
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by ^Sparco^ »

Tyrant wrote:I think team and tuner clans and shiznit should be forbidden.
I agree, but how can be done? The admin would have to ban half the community :lol:

Well I think the teams idea could be made 'official', each user can subscribe himself to a team.
Then the team members can't vote each other, if there's a script that allows to do that :D
Surf'sUP^

Post by Surf'sUP^ »

Well I just thought of this if there is no voting in the sr3 then nfsunlimited will lose a whole lot of users I just wanted to say that you probably already knew but oh well
^Sparco^
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by ^Sparco^ »

Yea nfsunlimited will lose lots of n00bs, downvoters and upvoters who only care about ratings :lol:

Return to “The Showroom”