Lost

Serious discussions on matters not covered by other boards. The un-serious type of users should refer to the Can of Spam.
Pabl0z
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Lost

Post by Pabl0z »

There are many people talking about the tv-series Lost on the forums so i thought it would be a good idea to have this thread.
So post your comments on the show here and theories and whatnot.

I think it's the best tv show since OZ was cancelled.
And my theory atm is that they all died in the plain crash.
Hope that's not the case 'cause i'm hoping for a real surprise explanation for the things that are happening on the island.
lol wut
Professional
Professional

Post by 99k »

Well i have been posting my theories on the forum
http://www.4815162342.com

DONT continue reading this post unless you have been up to date with all the episode's. It's in season 2 episode 2 i am talking about. As for of you havnt watch this. http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/sawyer.php

Anybody seen the DHARMA logo.
It was on Desmand's clothes and the shark. Plus the food in Desmands hatch.
Pabl0z
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Pabl0z »

I registered there just now :).
lol wut
Morty
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Morty »

Lost rocks. Nuff said. :P

This season I can't wait for it to get to Norwegian channels (season 2 starts Oct 26th in Norway), so I'm trying to follow USA now. Not just because I couldn't wait until late October, but because I chat a lot with Americans, and I don't want any spoilers :P
SuperRacer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by SuperRacer »

Morty wrote:Lost rocks. Nuff said. :P

This season I can't wait for it to get to Norwegian channels (season 2 starts Oct 26th in Norway), so I'm trying to follow USA now. Not just because I couldn't wait until late October, but because I chat a lot with Americans, and I don't want any spoilers :P
Hey, don't call me American!
Morty
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Morty »

I wasn't... This will probably hurt a little, but I do chat with other persons from USA... You're not the only one... Sorry :(

However, you did cross my mind when I wrote it, I just thought I'd be nice and not mention names :P
Pabl0z
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Pabl0z »

The series hasn't even started in Finland and haven't even heard any talk about it coming any time soon. So i just download the episodes from the internet :).
lol wut
SuperRacer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by SuperRacer »

Morty wrote:I wasn't... This will probably hurt a little, but I do chat with other persons from USA... You're not the only one... Sorry :(

However, you did cross my mind when I wrote it, I just thought I'd be nice and not mention names :P
I realize that..just don't wanna have anything to do with... :wink:
Dragon-of-Rune
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Dragon-of-Rune »

Lost is great, but there is a small problem if we are gona discus episode's here. Because in europe the second season has to start and in the usa it's already on the air.
Pabl0z
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Pabl0z »

Yeah i agree i should have mentioned it in the topic that "alert: spoilers if you can't see the latest episodes" or something like that.
lol wut
Fadeproof
Professional
Professional

Post by Fadeproof »

i never liked the show much... i thought it was boring
Pabl0z
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Pabl0z »

Are you serious? How much did you watch it?
lol wut
The Gravedigger
Professional
Professional

Post by The Gravedigger »

My guess would be the first 5 minutes...

Lost is an awesome show... that's all i need to say
bashderq
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by bashderq »

Lost.....not bothered to watch it, it sounds and looks boring IMO
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

I watched the first 3 episodes, then I stopped, mainly because it's shown at 10 PM here, and during the first 3 episodes' airing, it was during the holidays. Now, the holidays are over, and I can't watch it....

I have to say that the TV channel that airs this show in Singapore did well on the teasers on this show, til I got addicted to the first episode, and makes me wanna watch more of it! It's a great show. No wonder it won an Emmy... :)
Dragon-of-Rune
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Dragon-of-Rune »

Fadeproof wrote:i never liked the show much... i thought it was boring
Have you seen it from the beginnig or not, because if you don't you probaly don't get everything of the story.
Fadeproof
Professional
Professional

Post by Fadeproof »

i watched a couple of episodes half way through the series... i might have liked it if i watched it from the start.
Sir Ibi
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Sir Ibi »

I was kinda caught up in the hype surrounding Lost... there's so much publicity for the show... I did watch the first 4 or 5 episodes, but then I just got bored... The show is predictable, I pretty much anticipated whats gonna happen next in every show.... most of the characters are quite bland and trying too hard to be more complex when they can't act to save their lives. Having said that the chick in that show is DAM HOT!!!

It's an ok show, I still watch it now and again when I can be bothered, but its not amazing or fantastic, its not the best show i've ever watched... It does have intriguing plots, but frankly there's too much of it... theres too many revelations in the show, so you end up with crap loads of half assed storylines and plot that are poorly put together. Its better IMO to have few well thought out plots and storyline, that the writers have spent time on. Insted of craming in all the stories untill it becomes so saturated you just get tired, because you know there's gonna be yet another plot twist :roll:

Now here's some good points about the show...
The girls in the show are HOT! lol
The concept of the show is fantastic and fairly unique
The narrative and filming of the show is also very good, and by narrative I mean how the story is told.... for instance when the camera is focused on a character on the island then swiftly changes to a hotel room or somat.... Or when the camera zooms out and you see Lock in a wheel chair.

So this show does have its good points, but the story itself is stale and flat, and that should be the most important part of a drama series.
Prelude
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Prelude »

I don't really see the episodes, because I missed the first two or three episodes(I dunno) and IMO after it isn't really exciting, coz you dunno what happened in the beggining.
SuperRacer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by SuperRacer »

Sir Ibi wrote:I was kinda caught up in the hype surrounding Lost... there's so much publicity for the show... I did watch the first 4 or 5 episodes, but then I just got bored... The show is predictable, I pretty much anticipated whats gonna happen next in every show.... most of the characters are quite bland and trying too hard to be more complex when they can't act to save their lives. Having said that the chick in that show is DAM HOT!!!

It's an ok show, I still watch it now and again when I can be bothered, but its not amazing or fantastic, its not the best show i've ever watched... It does have intriguing plots, but frankly there's too much of it... theres too many revelations in the show, so you end up with crap loads of half assed storylines and plot that are poorly put together. Its better IMO to have few well thought out plots and storyline, that the writers have spent time on. Insted of craming in all the stories untill it becomes so saturated you just get tired, because you know there's gonna be yet another plot twist :roll:

The narrative and filming of the show is also very good, and by narrative I mean how the story is told.... for instance when the camera is focused on a character on the island then swiftly changes to a hotel room or somat.... Or when the camera zooms out and you see Lock in a wheel chair.

So this show does have its good points, but the story itself is stale and flat, and that should be the most important part of a drama series.
Sorry, but it really sounds like you're talking about 24, not Lost :lol:
Professional
Professional

Post by 99k »

SuperRacer wrote:
Sir Ibi wrote:I was kinda caught up in the hype surrounding Lost... there's so much publicity for the show... I did watch the first 4 or 5 episodes, but then I just got bored... The show is predictable, I pretty much anticipated whats gonna happen next in every show.... most of the characters are quite bland and trying too hard to be more complex when they can't act to save their lives. Having said that the chick in that show is DAM HOT!!!

Sorry, but it really sounds like you're talking about 24, not Lost :lol:
May i point out this to you.
Sir Ibi wrote:The narrative and filming of the show is also very good, and by narrative I mean how the story is told.... for instance when the camera is focused on a character on the island then swiftly changes to a hotel room or somat.... Or when the camera zooms out and you see LOCK in a wheel chair.
Drewb99
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Drewb99 »

The guy in the cave had an Apple II Plus so I'm happy.

Return to “General Discussion”