74 CARS?

Discuss editing Need for Speed Most Wanted.
plsay
Ricer
Ricer

74 CARS?

Post by plsay »

just from yesterday ,i'm trying to change some cars, what i have don yer whit this file was before coming too forum i get the kink from a tutorial , wich is five stars ,so i start to change a few things and this is what appens ,(see file)and one more thing , in the forum existes a file which sayed it have bmw whit junkparts but not in my case , i donwload it and nothing.
because the file:
-i now the anser is in the forum page 11 but if some one could look at it and welp me out why i have repeated cars and when i buy som off them they tourn to normal?
Attachments
ppp2.rar
(8.35 KiB) Downloaded 213 times
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

:shock:
Ceano
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Ceano »

:shock: :shock:
plsay
Ricer
Ricer

Post by plsay »

SORRY FOR BAD ENGLISH :oops:
ok ...i changed some hex and what appens ,is that i have 74 cars ,well 81 cars, but some are repeated and thats the problem i have , the 2 one is one file which is in forum the guy said it have the bmw whit junkparts , but when i runit ,nothing diferent so some help will be usefully
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Ahh.. :) Ceano, maybe you can help?
Ceano
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Ceano »

plsay wrote:SORRY FOR BAD ENGLISH :oops:
ok ...i changed some hex and what appens ,is that i have 74 cars ,well 81 cars, but some are repeated and thats the problem i have , the 2 one is one file which is in forum the guy said it have the bmw whit junkparts , but when i runit ,nothing diferent so some help will be usefully
Yes i have heard that some has had that problem with my "BMW's" save file, but i don't know why you and some other (1 or 2) i know of don't see the BMW's as tuned with the junkman parts. All i know is that some saves just don't work on some computers and work just fine with the rest, i have stumbled on the same thing my self. Sorry that i cant be at any more help.
wuyanxu
Ricer
Ricer

Post by wuyanxu »

may be it's because EA released a different versond game? eg, Underground2, there's a euro verson and a US verson
Ceano
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Ceano »

wuyanxu wrote:may be it's because EA released a different versond game? eg, Underground2, there's a euro verson and a US verson
I have 2 versions, the European normal version and the English Black Edition version. It is the last version i play with and have done my saves, but I'm rely don't think that is the issue.
Recoil
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Recoil »

i have heard that normal version and black edition version's savegames doesnt work in each others.
Ceano
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Ceano »

Recoil wrote:i have heard that normal version and black edition version's savegames doesnt work in each others.
That is just if you have a save that enables bonus cars (that is only in the BE) and try to run it with the normal edition, then the game crashes.
Ceano
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Ceano »

OK i have done a test, i used the BMW's save that i done with the English version in the European version and it works just fine. The BMW's are tuned with junkman parts.
Recoil
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Recoil »

i checked the savegame.
so you got blacklist opponent cars on your shops.
Ceano
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Ceano »

Recoil wrote:i checked the savegame.
so you got blacklist opponent cars on your shops.
No the save file he is talking about is named BMW's, think you are refering to my own save Ceano that i have problem to unlock all cars in the car lot with.
plsay
Ricer
Ricer

R.E.

Post by plsay »

my version is the normal most wanted europian, in first place i used an NFL saved gameBE, it gave me all cars , but i wanted more , so i decided to search(google) for hex mod tutorials , and i got the NFSMW hex toturial, i made some changes in tsearch ,and i put all cars in car lot in mode carrer , but when i buy them they just turn to normal version of the car , so i decide to folow the link in that toturial wich i land right in this forum (cool ).
i did a few search in it and i found several saved games whit mod , one off them is the ceano BMW M3 Junkparts , in first place i try it but it seems to (in that time )no diference exist , but when take a clooser look ,ya thats is a junkpart upgrade , the cars is a little bit more nervous and less slipy , so all credits for ceano
my only question now is :
-to be able to have the cars that ,when we buy ,they change to normal , whe have to put them in garage safehouse and no in car lot?! or do i have to replace a car (ex:punto)for elise kited car?!
i whant to have't because they have a unique vinyls , they look cool.
thanks ceano they work just fyne
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

well, when you buy any car from the car lot, the game assigns that car a customization ID. this ID points to a specific section in the savegame where the car's settings are stored. now, cars that have extra vinyls and stuff have their own customization settings. however, when bought the game assigns these cars the stock settings. the only way to "fix" this would be to somehow mod the actual .exe

you can put the blacklist racer's vinyls on your cars and such. download the updated Hex Tutorial here and experiment with the car customization part in the savegame.
Ceano
Drift King
Drift King

Re: R.E.

Post by Ceano »

plsay wrote:my version is the normal most wanted europian, in first place i used an NFL saved gameBE, it gave me all cars , but i wanted more , so i decided to search(google) for hex mod tutorials , and i got the NFSMW hex toturial, i made some changes in tsearch ,and i put all cars in car lot in mode carrer , but when i buy them they just turn to normal version of the car , so i decide to folow the link in that toturial wich i land right in this forum (cool ).
i did a few search in it and i found several saved games whit mod , one off them is the ceano BMW M3 Junkparts , in first place i try it but it seems to (in that time )no diference exist , but when take a clooser look ,ya thats is a junkpart upgrade , the cars is a little bit more nervous and less slipy , so all credits for ceano
my only question now is :
-to be able to have the cars that ,when we buy ,they change to normal , whe have to put them in garage safehouse and no in car lot?! or do i have to replace a car (ex:punto)for elise kited car?!
i whant to have't because they have a unique vinyls , they look cool.
thanks ceano they work just fyne
The best way to get the cars you want is to by a Punto (or any car) from the car lot, use Tsearch to find it in your garage and change the car code to that car code you want. Then it's going to be just like that pink slip car, or what ever the car you have added.
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

except as soon as you buy the car it'll revert back to stock
Ceano
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Ceano »

prince1142003 wrote:except as soon as you buy the car it'll revert back to stock
No you miss understand me, you don't change or add any cars in the car lot. You buy a ordinary Punto from the car lot then you locate it with Tsearch in your garage/hide out, then you change the Punto car code to the car you want. I have added all the pink slip cars to my hide out and they have all the special tuning and vinyls, the only thing is that they are locked tills you beat the blacklist holder.
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

oh ok. yea, that way would work. however, car customization can still face challenges. the safest way, at least to me, would be to use a hex editor to add in a car, give it a new customization ID, create a new customization block, and put in the stock or edited parts in that block. it gurantees that you'll be able to customize that car and it wont revert back someday.
Ceano
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Ceano »

prince1142003 wrote:oh ok. yea, that way would work. however, car customization can still face challenges. the safest way, at least to me, would be to use a hex editor to add in a car, give it a new customization ID, create a new customization block, and put in the stock or edited parts in that block. it gurantees that you'll be able to customize that car and it wont revert back someday.
But it gets its own ID and customization ID because you buy a car as it is intended in the game, so no other car has the same ID that your car has even when you change the car code.
plsay
Ricer
Ricer

Post by plsay »

thanks for all topics , but honestly ...i downloaded the ceano file , it has all cars in garage , so i dont need to make more changes in tsearch, i already know do it, thanks to all of you guys .
now i will see the saved file from ceano and a new one , to put new rims in BMW and more stuff (if it is possible). for now thanks all of you , the king lives in this forum....

Return to “Editing”