nfs4->HP2 converting.

Discuss editing Need for Speed.
viper_gts
Drift King
Drift King

Post by viper_gts »

are you replacing the correct objext when you convert it from .oif to .o

you must replace a window with a window.
Bob McD
Ricer
Ricer

re:

Post by Bob McD »

When I can. You see, some of the cars, with my game anyway, have different part names. They don't even show up as Window (Front) [t] in the .oif tool convertor. Now, it's just a few cars that do this. Another problem I have is even when everything is named correctly, when I go to edit the car in Oedit, the wheels show up as the part labeled "rear" and "trunk" and "hood". And that's not all, the car's body shows up as like, the Left Brake, whatever!!! Even if I lable them correctly, they still show up under the wrong part name in the .o file.

Hope that was not confusing, because I am actually confusing myself. :roll: :roll:
Tomar
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Tomar »

@Bob McD I know the Problem to. I only use the F50 as base for now. (No Policeparts :x ).

@All. Just found out NFS6 can't handle discontinuous UV Maps. The pice in the pic is a single smooth part whose uv-map is splittet up. The texture and spec-map is one color only each. But you can all see what the Problem is. Looks like i have to add extra polys to match seams instead of just painting them.
Attachments
baduv.jpg
(2.44 KiB) Downloaded 2417 times
Bob McD
Ricer
Ricer

re:

Post by Bob McD »

Thanks, so i'll just copy the F50 files into other car folders, and then replace those with cars that I convert.
Targa
Stock
Stock

Post by Targa »

Hello viper_gts

I don't unerstand the step 3 of Mesh Editing:
"Create a new 128x128 texture file for the wheels and save if in .bmp format, then re-texture the wheels and brakes to it"
-why is it in mesh editing?
-where can I get these texture?
-what do you mean by "re-texture"?
-should I manage it the same way as the car's texture (bmp 24bit + bmp grayscale)?

Step 4:
Don't I need to mirror the front view?

Step 5:
-for detaching these parts, I need to take all the coordinated points (e.g.: of the windows) and include them in a new group (Window (Front) [t])?
-is the "bottom" the body part without coachwork (the black part)?

Return to “Editing”