Could Someone Do Me A Favour?

Ask and answer questions about Need for Speed Most Wanted.
Be sure to search first!
Adamantinus
Ricer
Ricer

Could Someone Do Me A Favour?

Post by Adamantinus »

Hi,

I've been reading these forums for a while now, but I've never felt the need to register. However, not long ago with Most Wanted, I think my save file got corrupted. It said that I had defeated Ronnie when I definitely hadn't. When I got all the races required to race him, I got the phone call saying he was ready, but the menu said he was defeated and the challenge didn't come up. But I couldn't move on to Bull's stuff.

So, I went manually looking for the race on the map. It wasn't on the GPS, but I found it.

The same thing occured for Bull and Razor, and when I finally defeated Razor and won the game, I was of the understanding that you won your car back. But when I was thrown the keys by Mia to drive away with it, I was being chased in my Supra. It would have made more sense to automatically be racing the BMW there, surely?

Anyway, I thought that I would win the car in my Garage. It appears in the bonus list, but it's definitely not in my garage. Is this supposed to happen, or is it a bug? I am playing Black Edition 1.2, I did patch to 1.3, but it ruined my Most Wanted, and I had to reinstall. Might be related to the save game conflict.

I've asked you guys because it seems like there are members here who are knowledgeable. I had a look on a backup of my save with a hex editor, I couldn't make much sense of it. I was wondering if someone could use a hex editor to put the BMW as I would have won it from Razor in my save file, but not modify anything else?

I would be sincerely grateful if someone could to that. a .zipped version of my save file is available here.
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

Hi Adam!

Yes, this is normal.. I think you're right about the save game conflict, but I'm not sure. I'd love to know a solution to solve this problem. Well for me, this problem only happens when I have another saved game profile, which is already completed. If you do, then this usually happens, and it's normal that you don't get back your BMW that Razor took from you.

Hope this explains it.. :P
Adamantinus
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Adamantinus »

Andre_online wrote:Hi Adam!

Yes, this is normal.. I think you're right about the save game conflict, but I'm not sure. I'd love to know a solution to solve this problem. Well for me, this problem only happens when I have another saved game profile, which is already completed. If you do, then this usually happens, and it's normal that you don't get back your BMW that Razor took from you.

Hope this explains it.. :P
Indeed, I do have another save that has completed the game. This certainly does explain it, but it's possible to hex edit the car into the save, right?
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

Not that I know of.. You shold ask the 'hexors' here, they might have the answer, but I've done my part. ;)
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

i'll do it for you if you can wait a couple of days

EDIT:
just let me know beforehand if that's all you want in the savegame.
Adamantinus
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Adamantinus »

prince1142003 wrote:i'll do it for you if you can wait a couple of days

EDIT:
just let me know beforehand if that's all you want in the savegame.
I can wait, no problems. If it wouldn't be too much trouble, could I also have Razor's Mustang, as well as the BMW I should have won? That way I can duplicate my save, delete the car from one of them, and still have a cheat-free profile.

Thanks a bunch.
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

do you want junkman parts on any of them?
Adamantinus
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Adamantinus »

Nope. I can handle junkman parts. Just exactly what I've said above.
Adamantinus
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Adamantinus »

Hate to be a nag, but *bump*

Any word on my save file, prince?
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

oh right... i forgot.... i'll take a swing at it tomorrow.
Adamantinus
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Adamantinus »

Heh. Cheers.
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

finished it. heat lvl might be a bit different since i had to drive around a bit and enter a few shops, but other than that, you should be fine.
Attachments
Adamant.zip
(11.71 KiB) Downloaded 124 times
Adamantinus
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Adamantinus »

Works great.

Thanks a bunch dude, I really appreciate the help.
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

np. sorry it took so long. i got swamped with other things and this got pushed from my mind.

Return to “Help & Support”