Need For Speed: Carbon

2006 Need for Speed Carbon
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

i agree with bam_bam about unlocking cars. IMO, the best way to keep cars locked is the price (which models real life). maybe EA lcoks the cars so people can't get supercars at the beginning by cheating and getting lots of money. but if someone is bent on cheating anyways, they're gonna find a way to get past the EA locks (look at Most Wanted and UG1 and 2).
Redhawk8810
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Redhawk8810 »

bam_bam wrote:
danyutz wrote:I hope and beg EA, that those 3 cars won`t be the starter cars ... think about it, they give powerfull cars in the beggining, what in the world they`ll add for the finish ... rockets?! :roll:
I personally hatre starting with a slow car , it drives me nuts . I think the quality of racing also imroves with faster cars . I dont think you should have to unlock everything , I hate that concept .

I think you should just have money and buy cars , then you could either buy a new car or trick out your current car . Unlocks spoil games for me , I find myself rushing though the game and not enjoying it so I can unlock the last performance part .
I can see how you feel that way bam, but I feel opposite actually. My favorite part of these games is deciding which car will be my "goal" car, and that way I feel much better when I get that car, and mod it out to its full potential. But again, that is just me, There are a few games I feel the same way as you about, cough* Syphon Filter: omega strain.. cough* lol :lol:
gearhead450
Drift King
Drift King

Post by gearhead450 »

I found some new pics of Carbon at IGN. They show some of the characters wearing the 55DSL brand name clothing, as well as some of the vehicles with said brand name vinyls.

Although there are no new cars it does show an Evo IX!:twisted:

Check it out here.

http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/826/ ... mgs_1.html
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

wow, the chrome in those pictures is unreal. they're probably just renders. the characters at least have a little more street flavor to them, but i'd prefer they didn't all wear the same brand of clothing or flaunt it like these guys are.
BKize_GT
Drift King
Drift King

Post by BKize_GT »

If thats the real CF I will not be happy :?

The EA CF has always looked crappy and still does IMO ](*,)
hammerspeed
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by hammerspeed »

wow, nice find gearhead

ii like the bodykit on that Evo

did anyone notice the new logo on the bottom left corner of the pics?

i think its a great improvement from the present one
YaelDjiel
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by YaelDjiel »

im going to sculpt a fb like that on the evo :shock:

im liking the chrome and cf looks better than in U2 atleast

and it seems we'll get more than one layer for vinyls :) (look at evo)
that is... if these cars can be made ingame..
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

CF is usually shinier than that. it's not as shiny as chrome, but generally speaking, most CF has some sort of protection veneer or something on it that makes it almost as shiny as the painted body.
gearhead450
Drift King
Drift King

Post by gearhead450 »

hammerspeed wrote:wow, nice find gearhead

ii like the bodykit on that Evo

did anyone notice the new logo on the bottom left corner of the pics?

i think its a great improvement from the present one
Thank you, and I noticed that front bumper as well. It looks pretty cool. :o

And like prince said; CF does have a protective clear finish on it to keep rocks and shiznit from scrachting the surface. I say it looks better than any of the previous games.
Bull3t
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Bull3t »

prince1142003 wrote:you will be able to start off with a Gallardo. watch the EA Showcase video again. Scott Neilson says what the three starter cars will be for each class. Muscle: 1969 Camaro. Tuner: Lancer EVO 9. Exotic: Gallardo.
/rant
OMFG....GET OVER IT...they will definetly not be the starting cars so stop saying that Neilson said so....HE SAID THEY WILL BE CARS IN THOSE CLASSES.
/end rant

Anyways my personal opinions for starters

Camaro SS, Mazda 3, IS300, GTi Golf, Civic Type R (Sedan)

And i wanna see an MR2, Skyline (R32) and S15 in there
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

It's been a while since I posted here (on vacation and still am) but I'd like to share a few of my thoughts.

First, the autosculpt system. Well, it actually looks pretty good but I haven't seen any videos showing work on bodykits (except this off-cam one where the Camaro had a snow-plough-like front bumper). Usually, when EA brings something new to the series, they do it pretty well (UG -> Modifications, Drag, Drift, etc.) so I'm sure the autosculpt will be a success but it distracts from NFS' core objective, racing. People will probably spend more time "tuning" their car instead of racing.

Which brings me to the game modes. So, EA ruined Drag in UG2 and MW and now it seems they'll ruin Drift. I know I read in an interview that you won't need to use the handbrake and that you'll have to concentrate on actually controlling the car. Well, what's Drift without handbrake? There goes another good game mode down the drain.

Canyon Duels actually look fun. Since the tracks are not incorporated into the city, hopefully the designers will spend more time perfecting the canyon tracks to offer a better experience than the boring city tracks.

Another thing that concerns me (other than the fact that it looks like they ruined drift) is that EA still has not spent any time working on the actual racing experience. It seems the races are as boring as in UG2 and MW. Does EA think the racing is that great that they don't need to work on it?

Concerning the car list, it seems the Carbon car list will be like what the UG2 car list was compared to UG. Even in an interview, it said we'll see the returning cars from MW plus a FEW surprises. Well, I don't want just a few new cars, I want a new whole package. EA should have tested cars and add only cars which are suitable for Canyon Duels (because that IS the point of Carbon, right?).

I'll be back with more of my rating when I have more time on my hands or when I return home.
Kid Cro
Banned

Post by Kid Cro »

2furio wrote: I know I read in an interview that you won't need to use the handbrake and that you'll have to concentrate on actually controlling the car. Well, what's Drift without handbrake? There goes another good game mode down the drain.
WTF are you talking about dude :?: I am drifting in U and U2 without using handbrake and I started to drift without a handbrake in first drift and continue! Its just matter of wich car fit zou the best! I am using Eclipse coz its the best for ME! :wink:
I tryed to drift with a handbrake but then you lose a lot of speed and result is less points! :wink: I manage to score 289k in ONE drift so tell me that I suck in drift! :roll:
User deactivated: Habitual rule breaking; Abject lack of respect for the community.
tony24567
Banned

Post by tony24567 »

ive drifted 999,999 points in one drift in U
tony24567
Banned

Post by tony24567 »

there is a way to get 999,999 points in one drift

what u do is u start to drift and u pause the game and then u unpuase the game and u will get 999,999 points in one drift, do this in Underground
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

You don't hold the handbrake when you drift...you tap it...have you seen anyone drift in real life without using the handbrake?

EDIT: Police car in the background?
http://www.nfs-zone.net/images/photoalbum/184.jpg
Last edited by 2furio on 04 Aug 2006, 18:08, edited 1 time in total.
tony24567
Banned

Post by tony24567 »

i dont even use the handbrake it is a waste of time plus u sloww down and u wont get as many points
The Gravedigger
Professional
Professional

Post by The Gravedigger »

2furio wrote:EDIT: Police car in the background?
From the looks of it, it looks as if it's the Dodge Charger?
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

might be a Mazda 3 as well. hard to tell from that angle
tony24567 wrote:i dont even use the handbrake it is a waste of time plus u sloww down and u wont get as many points
oh my.... drifting is not about points, that's EA hogwash. drifting is about maintaining a controlled drift for as long as you can. in a controlled drift, the front wheels are turned, and the car is facing sideways while moving forward. for a true drift, you have to use the handbrake, otherwise it's just sliding around in your car and losing control of it at times.
tony24567
Banned

Post by tony24567 »

im talking about in the game u idoit
Kid Cro
Banned

Post by Kid Cro »

prince1142003 wrote:might be a Mazda 3 as well. hard to tell from that angle
tony24567 wrote:i dont even use the handbrake it is a waste of time plus u sloww down and u wont get as many points
oh my.... drifting is not about points, that's EA hogwash. drifting is about maintaining a controlled drift for as long as you can. in a controlled drift, the front wheels are turned, and the car is facing sideways while moving forward. for a true drift, you have to use the handbrake, otherwise it's just sliding around in your car and losing control of it at times.
Definatly not Mazda 3! Good :roll: !
Well if you can controll you car in drift longer you will get more pts what is result of good drift! And yeah its EA's crap but in real life is the sam thing but without pts! Point is to controll your car as long as you can while doing one drift! And you don't need to use a handbrake, I can record you a video of me ddrifting so you can see how CAN be drift without handbrake! And yeah it's losing control if you don't know how to controll it but if you know then it's all play!
User deactivated: Habitual rule breaking; Abject lack of respect for the community.
gearhead450
Drift King
Drift King

Post by gearhead450 »

tony24567 wrote:im talking about in the game u idoit
He knows that. :roll: And another thing, don't be spouting off crap like that at people, becuae it's a good way to get you banned.
t3ice
Professional
Professional

Post by t3ice »

I just checked the pics and i must say they are real nice!

BTW did anyone notice that the lights on the EVO are a little weird....I mean they look
like aluminium foil...Nasty!

Also I noticed that the vinyl on the camaro actually matches with the hood design...very cool!
gearhead450
Drift King
Drift King

Post by gearhead450 »

You should see the rims, they're real trippy looking. :shock:
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

The Gravedigger wrote:
2furio wrote:EDIT: Police car in the background?
From the looks of it, it looks as if it's the Dodge Charger?
What's with the rims in that pic? It looks like they're just textures. :?
t3ice
Professional
Professional

Post by t3ice »

Maybe.....Thats because the car geometry is set to LOW....I guess
Last edited by t3ice on 05 Aug 2006, 09:26, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Carbon”