Need For Speed: Carbon

2006 Need for Speed Carbon
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

it looks like a shot from the PSP version unless i'm very mistaken.
gearhead450
Drift King
Drift King

Post by gearhead450 »

prince1142003 wrote:it looks like a shot from the PSP version unless i'm very mistaken.
It's definitely the PSP version. I looked it up on Gamespot earlier this week.

Man the news is slow... :roll:
Bull3t
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Bull3t »

Kid Cro wrote:
prince1142003 wrote:might be a Mazda 3 as well. hard to tell from that angle
tony24567 wrote:i dont even use the handbrake it is a waste of time plus u sloww down and u wont get as many points
oh my.... drifting is not about points, that's EA hogwash. drifting is about maintaining a controlled drift for as long as you can. in a controlled drift, the front wheels are turned, and the car is facing sideways while moving forward. for a true drift, you have to use the handbrake, otherwise it's just sliding around in your car and losing control of it at times.
Definatly not Mazda 3! Good :roll: !
Well if you can controll you car in drift longer you will get more pts what is result of good drift! And yeah its EA's crap but in real life is the sam thing but without pts! Point is to controll your car as long as you can while doing one drift! And you don't need to use a handbrake, I can record you a video of me ddrifting so you can see how CAN be drift without handbrake! And yeah it's losing control if you don't know how to controll it but if you know then it's all play!
You CANNOT....I repeat CANNOT Drift without using the E Brake.....stop trying to feed us your b-s Cro. It's getting old.
SLJ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by SLJ »

btw, is needforspeed carbon out?
t3ice
Professional
Professional

Post by t3ice »

No....think its releasing in late November.

BTW I dont think it could be a psp picture ,since the resolution is fairly higher.
This is the sample of mostwanted on psp......in my opinion
Last edited by t3ice on 05 Aug 2006, 10:12, edited 1 time in total.
Kid Cro
Banned

Post by Kid Cro »

Bull3t wrote:
Kid Cro wrote:
oh my.... drifting is not about points, that's EA hogwash. drifting is about maintaining a controlled drift for as long as you can. in a controlled drift, the front wheels are turned, and the car is facing sideways while moving forward. for a true drift, you have to use the handbrake, otherwise it's just sliding around in your car and losing control of it at times.
Well if you can controll you car in drift longer you will get more pts what is result of good drift! And yeah its EA's crap but in real life is the sam thing but without pts! Point is to controll your car as long as you can while doing one drift! And you don't need to use a handbrake, I can record you a video of me ddrifting so you can see how CAN be drift without handbrake! And yeah it's losing control if you don't know how to controll it but if you know then it's all play!
You CANNOT....I repeat CANNOT Drift without using the E Brake.....stop trying to feed us your b-s Cro. It's getting old.
Damn you new noob!!! :x :evil: I sopouse that you never saw a drift in real life did you?
OK I will post a video of me drifting WITHOUT handbrake!!!!!
User deactivated: Habitual rule breaking; Abject lack of respect for the community.
Bull3t
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Bull3t »

Calling me a noob now are we.....gee your insults just cut SO deep man, and its not called drifting if you just oversteering.

And i've been on this site longer than you......ever heard of Florida_Marlinz.....GT will back me up, he knows it's me, so do a few others.

So watch ya mouth Kid
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Skyline_man »

You two better watch your mouth from now on before i start giving you some warning points.

and yes, in REAL life drifting, you cant drift without using the handbrake, its a technique, but in any arcade styled game like NFSU or NFSU2, you can drift with either just sliding right and left or using the handbrake, its up to you.
Danyutz
Donator
Donator

Post by Danyutz »

that`s a police car back there, i can see the police logo on the door, and the bullbars nfront of the FB ...

jeez why are u making such a fight here about drifting with/without handbrake, it`s obvious that Kid was talkin` about ingame, but dood the other who contradicted u were talking about real life drifting ...
tony24567
Banned

Post by tony24567 »

has any of u drifted with a go kart before
Fadeproof
Professional
Professional

Post by Fadeproof »

Can you read?...this is a NFS:C topic...not a bloody Go-Kart Drifting thread
Redhawk8810
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Redhawk8810 »

Bull3t wrote:
Kid Cro wrote:
I'm not trying to cause problems, but if you have a powerful enough car, both in game and real life, it is possible to drift your car without use of an e-brake. I actually do not really use the e-brake in the game, simply because it tends to slow down my car the way I use it. Maybe I dunno how to use it in game correctly, but anyway, that is what I do. In real life, it is possible to DRIFT your car without e-brake. however, it will not be a long controlled drift. It will be more of a powerslide.

But anyway, in my opinion, use of a e-brake in game is not a topic worth fighting over, as it is proven possible to effectively get through the game either way. whether it be using e-brake to drift race, or not using e-brake, and relying on your cars power to get you through the slide. So why not just bury the hatchets, and let everyone drift the way they want to... :D (I'm not used to being the voice of reason, this was my first attempt... hope I did well.) lol :P

and I haven't been on the forum long, so please nobody saying.. "IvE BeeN HeRe LongEr than jOO!!!" lol j/k
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

Redhawk8810 wrote:But anyway, in my opinion, use of a e-brake in game is not a topic worth fighting over, as it is proven possible to effectively get through the game either way.
Yes it is because people are brainwashed by EA's crappy physics and believe that what you can do in game, you can do in real life.
t3ice
Professional
Professional

Post by t3ice »

C'mon ppl...Need for speed is an ARCADE game ...remember,
Its just made so that its most fun ..and not as realistic.
gearhead450
Drift King
Drift King

Post by gearhead450 »

Now I've completely forgotten what topic we were discussing... :?
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

the arcadeness of drifting in NFS games. and the fact that you can't drift without using the handbrake at least sparingly.
Redhawk8810
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Redhawk8810 »

I thought more about my post... and it seems you guys are talking about actual competitive drifting. I always consider Powerslides as drifts. so I guess this is the final answer from me.

handbrake = drift
no handbrake = powerslide.

thats in real life alone mind you. lol :lol:
Leftos
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Leftos »

Well, let's just wait and see how EA has implemented this "simplified" drifting in NFS:C, before jumping into conclusions. This whole "I can drift", "No you can't, you don't effing use an effing handbrake.", "No, you're the noob", "Oh noez, uz da n00b!!1one!!" is getting really tiring, and off-topic.
I don't use pwned. I use BSODed. It's less cool and harder to say. I know.
DarrenR21373
Professional
Professional

Post by DarrenR21373 »

Just to throw the moggy among the feathered vermin (they don't call me the 'king muck-raker for nothing), I saw a TV programme about real-life drifting once on which they said that in fact most pro drifters use manual cars and just dip the clutch and let it out to lose traction. They don't use the handbrake at all. Mind you, I believe the presenter was Tiff Needel (what a t*sser that guy is, IMHO), so say no more.

[sarcasm] I don't know how true this is, but it was on Sky so it must be true. [/sarcasm]

So if we want Carbon to be realistic, I guess we'll need a clutch button. :twisted:
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

:shock: dude a clutch button would be awesome in the game. personally i dont use the handbrake while drifting i just make the rear end start to sway and go from there
YaelDjiel
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by YaelDjiel »

a clutch button........ are you nuts?
clutch needs to be on a pedal and that can only work and a wheel/pedal combo that actually has a clutch pedal
considering those are f-ing expensive, not many people actually have one
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

why cant it be just a button you press on the keyboard for those who drive with a keyboard
Kid Cro
Banned

Post by Kid Cro »

Bull3t wrote:Calling me a noob now are we.....gee your insults just cut SO deep man, and its not called drifting if you just oversteering.

And i've been on this site longer than you......ever heard of Florida_Marlinz.....GT will back me up, he knows it's me, so do a few others.

So watch ya mouth Kid
If I wanted to insult you my post wouldn't look like it did! :wink:
Who said that oversteering is a drifting?? :?
tony24567 wrote:has any of u drifted with a go kart before
Yeah that was I doing while I was 16 but I still go on Go-kart to race with friends, not that often but I do!
User deactivated: Habitual rule breaking; Abject lack of respect for the community.
YaelDjiel
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by YaelDjiel »

darknight788 wrote:why cant it be just a button you press on the keyboard for those who drive with a keyboard
because a clutch doesnt work that way
gearhead450
Drift King
Drift King

Post by gearhead450 »

Plus you don't have enough buttons on the console controller. :wink:

Return to “Carbon”