preformance problems

Everything for your PC, from case modding to OS discussions, come here to discuss computer hardware and software.
Prelude
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Prelude »

t3ice wrote:
Prelude wrote: I can play all of the games...

Have u tried fear.... :P

Anyways ur right...but I doubt u can play with many graphic options
turned on....
I haven't tried fear yet :P
But the performance of your comp, and graphics options don't depend on the gfx card only.
I mean I alway dust my comp's inside, scan for viruses, ads and check my processors heating....these are radically influence your comp's performance, oh and in comparison I have a quite good power supply
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

I have an X700 Pro with an AMD64 and 1GB of RAM, and I cannot run FEAR on ultra-high quality textures with FSAA and AF turned up over 2x. FEAR is among the most graphics and physics intensive game around today, and if your system can run FEAR flawlessly, you should be set for quite a few years.

So what kind of graphics card you need depends on what kind of games you will be playing, what your current hardware specs are, and how much you're willing to spend.
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

i can run fear at moderate to moderate high settings so carbon should be a piece of cake
PSZeTa
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by PSZeTa »

Prelude wrote:I haven't tried fear yet :P
But the performance of your comp, and graphics options don't depend on the gfx card only.
I mean I alway dust my comp's inside, scan for viruses, ads and check my processors heating....these are radically influence your comp's performance, oh and in comparison I have a quite good power supply
Processor temperature is only radically affecting your performance when it starts to throttle (lowering clockspeed or less instructions per clock) it so it doesn't overheat. Then we're talking about 65 degrees Celcius or so, which depends on the chip.

What powersupply do you have then?
prince1142003 wrote:I have an X700 Pro with an AMD64 and 1GB of RAM, and I cannot run FEAR on ultra-high quality textures with FSAA and AF turned up over 2x. FEAR is among the most graphics and physics intensive game around today, and if your system can run FEAR flawlessly, you should be set for quite a few years.
Textures aren't really hard for a graphics card, but when it starts doing intensive things like anti aliasing, it's indeed gonna have a hard time.

When you upgrade, you should try going for the best or the model directly behind it. nVidia will dish out some new 7 series like the 7950GT, which will go for around 300 dollars. You shouldn't slowly upgrade and upgrade, you'll be doing that forever that way because you're making slow progress and having a hard time to keep up with current and future games.
Prelude
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Prelude »

PSZeTa wrote:What powersupply do you have then?

I've got a 600V power supply, I think it's good
:)
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

600V?? How are you still alive?
Pabl0z
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Pabl0z »

600 volts? :D
lol wut
Prelude
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Prelude »

Pabl0z wrote:600 volts? :D
GT3x24x7 wrote:600V?? How are you still alive?

shiznit, I'm not good at hardware. 600V is written on zhe back of the power supply :P
Pabl0z
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Pabl0z »

I bet it says 600W.
lol wut
Prelude
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Prelude »

Pabl0z wrote:I bet it says 600W.

ROFL, really, stupid me, sorry :oops:

I just saw V in the dark, but I checked it out with the lights turned on :oops:
reputated
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by reputated »

guys plz get back to the topic! i want to know that i have 256 mb memory and the gpxcard will have either 128 or 256 mb of memory so will most wanted run at good framerates with all settings on such as vsual treament etc. or excluding high settings (actually i dont know which gpx card will be installed but i know its memory only) AND REPLY QUICKLY BECAUSE MY PC HAs ALREADY BEEN SENT FOR WORK!!!!!!! :!: :!:
t3ice
Professional
Professional

Post by t3ice »

Dude...get a Nvidia 6 series gpx card...NOT A 6200!!!!!...but any other....
And Ram is not as important as compared to the gpu on the card.
Since u are asking only for a gpx card.
PSZeTa
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by PSZeTa »

reputated wrote:guys plz get back to the topic! i want to know that i have 256 mb memory and the gpxcard will have either 128 or 256 mb of memory so will most wanted run at good framerates with all settings on such as vsual treament etc. or excluding high settings (actually i dont know which gpx card will be installed but i know its memory only) AND REPLY QUICKLY BECAUSE MY PC HAs ALREADY BEEN SENT FOR WORK!!!!!!! :!: :!:
We've given you enough advice already.
reputated
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

THANKS EVERYONE!

Post by reputated »

hey everyone, the time has come! i have bought a SPHHIRE ATI RADEON 9250 64 bit 128 mb of memory! i would like to make some points here-

1) many of you suggested to go for a geforce 6800gt 6800 or the 6600 etc, some said about other upgrades and some even said to buy a new computer! but i want to tell ya'll that the gpx card that i bought is able to return SUPERB FPS even if all settings in every nfs is turned to high but without anti aliasing but so what, i can get all gpx settings such as visual treatment and likes except the rain effect its all good afterall! 8)

2) i got a shoking discovery the the gpx card i had by default was not a 64 mb card! it was an 8 mb card :!: but still i was able to run most wanted and i must say that the card returned good fps but its very strange :roll:

3) the cost of this card is below 50$!!

4) overall i want to say that if you have a processor of around 1.80 ghz and 256 ram, no need to sink money in a top of the gfx card take a card like mine for cheap and you will be set 8)

5) i know that most of you suggested for a geforce but i couldnt buy it because it was not compatible with my motherboard

Thank You Everyone who posted in this forum and helped me with their valuable info. and i request ya'll to plz see my gallries and plz comment on them 8)
Attachments
ha ha ha!!
ha ha ha!!
PSZeTa
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by PSZeTa »

9250?

Man, that card is like prehistoric. But you ain't cool without AA. :P As long as you're happy with it though.
t3ice
Professional
Professional

Post by t3ice »

A 9250 ..aw c'mon all that posting about the 6800 and all... :|

..anyways congratz...
YaelDjiel
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Re: THANKS EVERYONE!

Post by YaelDjiel »

reputated wrote: is able to return SUPERB FPS
i seriously doubt that.. but ok, if it works.. good
reputated wrote:i got a shoking discovery the the gpx card i had by default was not a 64 mb card! it was an 8 mb card
that can actually be set in the bios and if it was set to 8... well thats even worse than 64 XD
reputated wrote:overall i want to say that if you have a processor of around 1.80 ghz and 256 ram, no need to sink money in a top of the gfx card take a card like mine for cheap and you will be set 8)
if you want to be with mediocre stuff thats crap the moment you buy it... then yeah, you're all set :roll:
reputated wrote:i know that most of you suggested for a geforce but i couldnt buy it because it was not compatible with my motherboard
that is seriously the biggest BS i ever heard :?
t3ice
Professional
Professional

Post by t3ice »

YaelDjiel wrote:
reputated wrote:i know that most of you suggested for a geforce but i couldnt buy it because it was not compatible with my motherboard

No ..it might have been PCI-Express ...rather than the usual AGP
So it quite a possibility :wink:
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

im conmfused which is better PCI or AGP i think PCI is older isnt it
:oops:
PSZeTa
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by PSZeTa »

PCI Express -> AGP -> PCI
YaelDjiel
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by YaelDjiel »

t3ice wrote:
YaelDjiel wrote:

No ..it might have been PCI-Express ...rather than the usual AGP
So it quite a possibility :wink:
yep but that is something totally different... geforces come on agp too... the way he posts it.. its nonsense :)
reputated
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by reputated »

t3ice is right 8) it is a pci express card i forgot to mention it and the card i bought is old but its performance is superb,and its NOT MEDICORE! and by the way t3ice, yael, PSZeTa, skyline man and darknight 788 and everyone else are my buddies for life 8) :wink: :D

Return to “The Hardware & Software”