2006 Need for Speed Carbon
SP4RCO
Valued Member
Valued Member

NFSC, a brand new game every day!

Post by SP4RCO »

I have been playing NFSC for 3 days. It has been like this:

Day#1:

Woot! what a cool game. It reminds me of UG series. I beat some races. Career completion: 13%. I've got a nice Alfa Romeo Brera. I save my game.

Day#2:

I load my profile. Oh there is my cool Brera. But WTF? it says: career completion 0%. The city zones I conquered are still unlocked, but everything is full of stars. No tickies (v) (a ticky is that yellow thing that appears when an event has been done). My crew dudes are lost as well. I re-make all the races and events from the beginning with my modded Brera. I buy a Lotus Elise. I tune up the Elise. Career completion: 26%. I save the game. I quit. I enter the game. I load the profile. It still says career completion 26%. Nice, today the saving operation has worked well. I play a bit more. Career completion: 43%. I save, quit, enter, it still says 43%. Cool!

Day#3:

I load my profile. It says 0% career completion *again*. CRAAAAAAAAAP!!! My high-end modded Elise is at my career garage. No crew dudes. It's full of stars again.

What-the-hells?

Mybe this is nothing strange and I am just not getting the gameplay :roll:
Attachments
stars are beautiful
stars are beautiful
0%........ that explains how I got an Elise :rolleyes:
0%........ that explains how I got an Elise :rolleyes:
my cool band rules 0 zones lol
my cool band rules 0 zones lol
Still rolling my eyes :roll:
Tyrant
Professional
Professional

Post by Tyrant »

What... That's weird! I discover new bugs every day in this game! :P.
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Weird indeed! I haven't come across this one so far. You have autosave turned on, right?
Ceano
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Ceano »

hahahaha this game doesn't surprise me any more, it's so unfinished and buggy that EA should be punished to refund all that has bought this crap they call a next gen game.
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

anybody hear anything about a patch 1.4 that actually fixes issues with stuff or is EA gonna leave us hanging at 1.3 like with MW
Wladylwk
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Wladylwk »

In only one year u can't make anything more exciting than this ! Anyway I like it !
Ceano
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Ceano »

EDIT: See my next post!
Last edited by Ceano on 05 Dec 2006, 20:29, edited 4 times in total.
BrontoX
Professional
Professional

Post by BrontoX »

What crsh bug i didn't get any crash in MW it NEVER crashed on my PC
Ceano
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Ceano »

darknight788 wrote:anybody hear anything about a patch 1.4 that actually fixes issues with stuff or is EA gonna leave us hanging at 1.3 like with MW
Well it would not surprise me if EA feels that they have done all they need to fix in Carbon now, it's just like MW they did never fix the crash bug they just told us that they didn't support the game any more?
Wladylwk wrote:In only one year u can't make anything more exciting than this ! Anyway I like it !
They didn't make Carbon in just one year, they did start work on Carbon before MW so they have being working on it for at least 3 years.
BrontoX wrote:What crsh bug i didn't get any crash in MW it NEVER crashed on my PC
Well as i have written many times before there is more people that has the crash bug in MW then there is that don't. Read old MW post on forums and you will see.
STAT-X
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by STAT-X »

SP4RCO, I'm just wondering, if you start a with a new profile, do you have the same problem with that profile ??? Maybe it's just a fluke in your current one. It's still pretty stupid, but a great way to reach that 1.000.000 reward card :)
Abrams
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Abrams »

I think you just got Autosave off..
SP4RCO
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by SP4RCO »

yeah I forgot to talk about Autosave. I enabled it from the beginning but as soon as I noticed those problems (day #2) I have saved manually. but Autosave is still ON lol.

Well I have conquered the green zone now. I expected the red at the top to be unlocked but its not :(
Attachments
will I ever beat the game? :D
will I ever beat the game? :D
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

You have to complete the green, blue and yellow zones to unlock the red one.
DarrenR21373
Professional
Professional

Post by DarrenR21373 »

I have to admit, I've had similar problems with doing the Quick Races.

I'd complete one, win it, go back into the Quack Race menu and it'd still have a star instead of a tick :roll:
kimd41
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

I have that too.

Post by kimd41 »

I have the exact problem! The only change that is I started as Tuner.

Make some races, save, quit. Load, everything is there ok. Restart computer, load, damn carrer 0% but my Mazda is still there and all stars that I have played, they are now as unplayed! :evil:
SP4RCO
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by SP4RCO »

"nice" I am not the only one.

I would keep the game opened and the PC turned on the whole night, but it's noisy as hell LOL.

kimd41 lets try to copy the savegame somewhere else and then replace it tomorrow :D
UnDeRtAkEr2k
Ricer
Ricer

Post by UnDeRtAkEr2k »

I haven't had that problem ... and I created a total of 3 different accounts. However I do agree I would save your savedgame some where else or make a backup of it.
reputated
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by reputated »

maybe ur savegame is curropted. i dont have carbon yet but in mw when i played it for the first time, i created an account and cleared the career till JV when it was time for Ronnie, i statred having a problem that befor the race starts there are small cutscenes and as soon as the ended the race should normally proceed but it crashed everytime! i made another profile and it worked properly so it may a curropt savegame of yours that may the problen try another profile IMO
Some pursue happpiness; others create it
SP4RCO
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by SP4RCO »

Rolling on the floor laughing.

Day#4:

same story. I open the game and 0%. Buuuuuuuuuuut... I made this last night:

SP4RCO wrote:"nice" I am not the only one.

I would keep the game opened and the PC turned on the whole night, but it's noisy as hell LOL.

kimd41 lets try to copy the savegame somewhere else and then replace it tomorrow :D
So this morning I have replaced the copied savegame and... voila. Now it works. Career completion: 18% (like it was last night when I copied the savegame). WTF? Its like it had a timer or something :roll:
Ceano
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Ceano »

Try with disable the auto save and do your own saves, i rather do my own saves because then you can re race boss races if you don't get there car the first time.
Professional
Professional

Post by 99k »

I had many save game corruptions when I first started, Took around 5 installs (no uninstalls because the game supposedly wasnt installed) until the game functioned properley. It was frustrating when I got 30% then found my profile didnt work. Made a new one and got that to 39% then that didnt work. 30% works and it was all crazy!
But now its fine adter "installing"
kimd41
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by kimd41 »

SP4RCO wrote:Rolling on the floor laughing.

Day#4:

same story. I open the game and 0%. Buuuuuuuuuuut... I made this last night:

SP4RCO wrote:"nice" I am not the only one.

So this morning I have replaced the copied savegame and... voila. Now it works. Career completion: 18% (like it was last night when I copied the savegame). WTF? Its like it had a timer or something :roll:
Nice! But I've been messing with Carbons files and I don't know what I have changed but my saves now work! :shock:
HashiriyaGDB
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by HashiriyaGDB »

This is why I'm getting NFSC for XBOX, even though I'll miss out on some cars without the use of some sort of trainer/hax/etc.
"The 86 is a car that trains its driver." - Bunta Fujiwara
flyiNz
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by flyiNz »

Oh yea, 1126% completion :lol:

Return to “Carbon”