Custom Vinyls For Carbon?

2006 Need for Speed Carbon
TokyoDriftRockz
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Custom Vinyls For Carbon?

Post by TokyoDriftRockz »

Hey guys,

I haven't actually had a chance to try out Carbon yet 'cause i have the Geforce4 Mx 420 Series graphics Card by Nvidia and the game doesn't support it... (which kinda sucks). But the game looks like it's gonna be fun.

Is it possible to have custom vinyls in Carbon? None of the old tricks (Using MwTex like in Most Wanted) work to replace vinyls. I opened up the .bin file for vinyls in any car and there's like only 10 items. Did the EA guys put the vinyls elsewhere or can we just not have custom vinyls at all?
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

why make custom vinyls when youve got vector scoping?
TokyoDriftRockz
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by TokyoDriftRockz »

Can you put that in plain english? :D Anyways, i mean custom vinyls from other games and movies. I, personally, was and still am a big fan of the movie "The Fast And The Furious: Tokyo Drift". I have most of the car vinyls from that movie in Most Wanted. I bought Carbon because it had a huge selection of cars and i was hoping to make a car look like something out of Tokyo Drift. I've read the reviews on this game and it's sad for me to say that the career's really short from what i hear and half the cars can't be used in career. I also bought the game cause there was drifting in it... but seeing as the physics of drifting are kinda... (for the lack of a better word)... messed up i can tell you right now i might dis like Carbon, cause i'm still playing most wanted (trying to beat career. I know, you can't believe it's my first time playing this game) and i've gotta say most wanted isn't bad.
S2000_Skyline12
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by S2000_Skyline12 »

I think he means the ability to Autosculpt the vinyls along with no 1 or 4 layer restrictions
*sig removed for being too big. max size 550x120px & 50kb*
t3ice
Professional
Professional

Post by t3ice »

@ TokyoDriftRockz : carbon is pretty neat..if u like tokyo drift, u might like the canyon drift, etc..
Also many ppl have been able to create vinyl combinations, some are far superior then the ones on the movie :P , anyways..its a pretty good game..and the vinyl customizing is quite satisfying..specially after playing most wanted, with its weak customization abilities ;)
Turbocharger
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Turbocharger »

In Carbon, you can't import your own vinyls in the game but you can use the vinyl layers to make it, in Carbon atm, you have a limit to 20 Vinyl Layers i think.

Return to “Carbon”