left/right arrow key make slow response time

Ask and answer questions about Need for Speed Carbon.
Be sure to search first!
BewareOfButtlice
Stock
Stock

left/right arrow key make slow response time

Post by BewareOfButtlice »

Lets just say i was drifting and going around the curve just fine holding down my right arrow key. After the curve ends i try to come out of the drift or even let off the gas and it keeps on going and crashes into the wall like i was still holding down the gas and the right arrow key. I tried the same thing on other games and it didn't do this.

Game performance is fine. I used to play the game all the time and it just now started; my computer has been reformated about 3 days ago even.

System Specs:
Intel p4 2.66ghz
Geforce FX 6800 GT
2gb ram
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

no its not a pc problem, also happened to me, its sometimes the video or cpu is processing, somehow all the screens freezes for a second and the key is normally "still pressed"...something like that ;)

and also happens in other games...
BewareOfButtlice
Stock
Stock

Post by BewareOfButtlice »

hmmm, out of the 9 years i have had a comp never ran into this problem. It dosnt do this on games like counter-strike or battlefield 2142 or world of warcraft, just NFS Carbon. Is there any way to fix it? I have only 35 running processes and the only thing that is processing is NFS Carbon, before i reformated it ran just fine.
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

theres no way to fix that ;)
it's a hardware problem indeed...
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Sounds like you're filling up the keyboard buffer. Try dropping the repeat rate in Control Panel > Keyboard.
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

GT3x24x7 wrote:Sounds like you're filling up the keyboard buffer. Try dropping the repeat rate in Control Panel > Keyboard.
O i forgot to tell him that. My bad...

Xturbo.

Return to “Help & Support”