What you can do and what you can't do.

Discuss editing Need for Speed Carbon.
drftkng
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

What you can do and what you can't do.

Post by drftkng »

I thout I'd make a topic saying what you can do and what you can't do with the Need for Speed games, so we won't get anymore new topics with questions like: Can I download cars for this game?; can i download body kits for this game? So here is what you can and cannot do:

Need for Speed Underground:

Cars: NO
Body kits: NO
Other parts for cars: NO
Vinyls: YES

Need for Speed Underground 2:

Vinyls: NO (the templates are different / there are no templates.)

Need for Speed Most Wanted:

Cars: YES
Body kits: NO (unless you remake the car)
Other parts for cars: NO (unless you remake the car)
Vinyls: YES

Need for Speed Carbon:

Vinyls: NO

Now that this imformation is here, please don't jam the forums with n00b questions. 8)
Last edited by drftkng on 25 Mar 2007, 02:17, edited 1 time in total.
arabnight
Drift King
Drift King

Post by arabnight »

nice post up cause there is alot of ppl asking the same question up over and over again
TokyoDriftRockz
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by TokyoDriftRockz »

Correction, not everyone. Just one idiot (ok that was a bit harsh, but :D) who doesn't seem to know how to POST all his stuff in one post. Stop spamming the edit board with all your " can i do this?" or "omfg i want this car in the game is it possible?".joystixLV, stop, or you're gonna be hated if you keep spamming. (not spamming, but creating useless topics that could be merged into one post.

EDIT: Just so you know there's an "edit" button for a reason. :wink:
AMD Athlon x2 3600+
Asus M2N-E SLI
2 GB DDR2
BFG 8800GTOC
320 GB/500 GB HDD
drftkng
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by drftkng »

I did not make this topic so that I could start spamming at one person because maybe they honestly didn't know. I made this topic to prevent other people from posting that type of stuff in the future.
Soupa
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Soupa »

Ok, I have one question. How comes there are two vinyls done for UG2(Toyota Supra, Mustang) on this site, if it's impossible to make some?

Also, it's nice to know that there are red Noes with games, but why is it no?
Is it cuz of people got bored of searching how to do it, is it because you have to tweak with the game's core programing or is it because of something completely else?

I'm just saying that, cuz I also hang around the Carmageddon communauty and there were a lot of stuff we thought that were impossible to do 1 or 2 years ago that now have been proven to be possible to do (completly new peds for exemple).

So in résumé, my question is: are those things impossible to do because it's really impossible to do, or is it because peeps didn't really cared about those ideas?
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

Firstly, people can be idiots at times. Are you sure those vinyls are for NFSU2 and not for NFSMW?

It's not impossible to do, it's just no public knowledge on how to do them. The NFSU2 bin format was cracked, but importing was never figured out. Extraction of models from NFSU2 and NFSU1 is possible, but there is no known method of reimporting the models. The Carbon format hasn't been cracked yet in terms of reimporting.

When dealing with NFS games, extraction is easy as the game files often contain superflous information in addition to the models. But reimporting is not always so easy because this superficial information is almost always crucial, and figuring out what it means is by no means easy.
Soupa
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Soupa »

Well, I don't have U2, but those two vinyls were placed in the U2 vinyls section. Maybe it was a mistake tho, I don't know.
drftkng
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by drftkng »

Soupa wrote: I'm just saying that, cuz I also hang around the Carmageddon communauty and there were a lot of stuff we thought that were impossible to do 1 or 2 years ago that now have been proven to be possible to do (completly new peds for exemple).
Well, few years ago, we never thought it possible to convert cars to Most Wanted.

Return to “Editing”