ProStreet Speed Challenge woes!

2007 Need for Speed ProStreet
Gavh2
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

ProStreet Speed Challenge woes!

Post by Gavh2 »

I am REALLY struggling in the Speed Challenges. Beating the Speed King and Ryo are the only challenges left for me to complete but I keep totaling my cars in Speed Challenge!!!

I have the Evo 10 (fully upgraded parts and body etc.) for Speed Challenge which I can NOS to 400km\h if need be. I used to have the Zonda but sold it because it was just way too sensitive. I also had the Lambo but sold it too because it was also too sensitive. Does anyone else feel that the Speed challenges are a bit of a doodle up with regard to the physics? I'd swear I was driving a 800bhp minivan!!! :x

How should the car be setup? Softer suspension and higher rideheight? I set the toe more positive and that seemed to help.
We dont have a hardcore PC though. AMD XP 2500+ 512DDR400 and 256mb ATI 9550SE G-Card. I get around 30-40 FPS I think. Is Speed Challenge nice for everyone else???...
Danyutz
Donator
Donator

Re: ProStreet Speed Challenge woes!

Post by Danyutz »

try to switch off world effects so that the other car's smoke won't show up. for the suspension check the track before, see how it is, more bumpy, soften, so you can adapt the suspension settings to it.
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

I used a Ford GT to beat the Speed King. The car is fast, and handles a lot better than the Pagani.

I have yet to completely beat Ryo, but I've found that a properly tuned GT2 or a GT3 (not the RS) or the 2005 Shelby GT500 is sufficient to beat him in the speed challenges. You just have to be impeccable and not make mistakes. Either that, or just get him to total.
Summ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Summ »

Hehe.. nice last remark..
Hesselaar
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Hesselaar »

I'm playing ProStreet on the Wii, and the speed challenges on the nevada desert are just sick.
I bought the Zonda and tuned it to 929bhp with everything at level 4.
With a top speed of over 400km/h and sensitive steering this is almost impossible on the Wii.
I don't know how it's on other consoles, but it's really hard for me now. Not that the Wii plays hard or anything, but you can't afford to make one single mistake, because then Ryo will take you over and then he's uncatchable. Well, this does make it a hard game which is cool too :D
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

The Zonda's handling is too horrible for Speed Challenge. It's hard not to total in the Nevada Desert if you're using that car.
Crozzers
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Crozzers »

For RYO just total him ;)

seriosly unless you are persistant on a fair race shove him off the road and total him.

I used the Zonda for all the races tho, the speed king is a joke himself. The hardest part is the nitrocide pre-races before the King :)

Note you can tune the car's steering sensitivity to make it less jumpy, however i find it better with sharp steering so :P

Crozzers
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

i don't try to pass him... i just wait until he gets killed on the road and then just take it easy the rest of the race.
Danyutz
Donator
Donator

Post by Danyutz »

Hesselaar wrote:I'm playing ProStreet on the Wii, and the speed challenges on the nevada desert are just sick.
I bought the Zonda and tuned it to 929bhp with everything at level 4.
With a top speed of over 400km/h and sensitive steering this is almost impossible on the Wii.
I don't know how it's on other consoles, but it's really hard for me now. Not that the Wii plays hard or anything, but you can't afford to make one single mistake, because then Ryo will take you over and then he's uncatchable. Well, this does make it a hard game which is cool too :D
how in the world would you think that you can handle those HP, we are talking about the Zonda, why did you upgrade it to a full stage 4, are those guys that hard to beat? That car is already powerful as stock .. your choice lol
Hesselaar
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Hesselaar »

Yea i guess the powered up Zonda is a bit too much lol. I bought a Porsche 911 instead, which handled amazing. Goes up to 385 km/h, so about 20km/h less than the Zonda, but the opponents lose power too though when you select a slower car.
But it is great fun though to do a great top speed run or speed challenge, and on the autobahn it isn't that hard to finish the track without braking, but for nevada the Zonda is a bit too overpowered :P
Gavh2
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Gavh2 »

Hesselaar wrote:Yea i guess the powered up Zonda is a bit too much lol. I bought a Porsche 911 instead, which handled amazing. Goes up to 385 km/h, so about 20km/h less than the Zonda, but the opponents lose power too though when you select a slower car.
But it is great fun though to do a great top speed run or speed challenge, and on the autobahn it isn't that hard to finish the track without braking, but for nevada the Zonda is a bit too overpowered :P
Which 911 is it the GT2? I ditched the Zonda and now i eventually landed up with the 911 GT2 which is pretty quick (I can get it up to 400km/h with the stage 3 upgrades and an adjustment to my drivetrain) and nice and stable!. Much better than the Zonda. Slower you say! Maybe that is the answer to my problems!!! Just use a dogy slow car and then the competion will also be slow :P THen I can sail thorugh the Nevada desert levels without having to total my car 20 times in a row!!! :D
Summ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Summ »

Yeah.. I had to shelve my LP640 on Nevada as well, after diminishing my pool of total repair markers from 27 to 13.. went for my Supra instead.. less powerful, but by far a better choice for that particular track..
Crozzers
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Crozzers »

hmm I also tried ditching my zonda for a Porsche GT2 so I could have Zonda set aside for Drag, however it just didnt seem to cut the speed I wanted, also I prefur driving the Zonda on speed so stuck with it =]

Its all personal preference at the end of the day.

Fastest Car: Zonda
Best Handleing for Speed: Poss Skyline?
Best Hybrid for Speed&Handleing: Porsche GT2 IMO

=]

Crozzers
SnowblindRhino
Ricer
Ricer

Post by SnowblindRhino »

Im having a lot of issues with the speed challenge as well. I have a Ford GT, but I just cant tune it to the point where it is even controlable at speed. Suggestions?
As it stands, Im trying to do the last race day in the speed string with a Z06, but it just dosent seem to have the power to keep up.

While Im on the subject, what is it about some cars that keep them from launching off the rollers? The 911 Turbo, the Z06, and 240sx, all seem to stick quite well, but some cars, Viper, Zonda, and r34 Skyline just sail off rollers on me, often wrecking (in the vipers case without even leaving the track!)
Gavh2
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Gavh2 »

SnowblindRhino wrote:Im having a lot of issues with the speed challenge as well. I have a Ford GT, but I just cant tune it to the point where it is even controlable at speed. Suggestions?
As it stands, Im trying to do the last race day in the speed string with a Z06, but it just dosent seem to have the power to keep up.

While Im on the subject, what is it about some cars that keep them from launching off the rollers? The 911 Turbo, the Z06, and 240sx, all seem to stick quite well, but some cars, Viper, Zonda, and r34 Skyline just sail off rollers on me, often wrecking (in the vipers case without even leaving the track!)
I'm in the process of saving up in the games for the Ford GT so I can try it out. By "rollers" do you mean the road? It's weird, it's almost as if a handful of people at EA did the physics for the cars and you can tell which person did what car...
VG_Speed
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by VG_Speed »

Hi!

For the big Nevada Track, the best car I tested so far was GT2. I did 2m 52s, 385 km/h average, and with default setup (and not a perfect run either)!!!!!!! I have 4 Stage 4 parts I think, but my Nitro is still Stage 3 (because I used Speed Challenges to win money to buy cars and parts, lets just say I had many opportunities to test where the Stage 4 parts were behind those cards, and so I got several for GT2, without the use of cheatcodes! :D).

Still, the GT2, maybe because I am still using the default setup, is not very fast on the starts, due to heavy wheel spin. Therefor, on the short tracks, other cars, mainly 4WD ones, will be probably faster. 911 Turbo, EVO X and LP640 mainly.

I didnt test Zonda nor Ford GT in Speed, because already in Grip those cars are too sensible at their Top Speed. So I am guessing that, at least with Wheel and default setups, they are close to impossible on Speed. When I start changing the setups, I will see what I can do, while also decreasing at max my Wheel sense in both game and drivers.

Cya!

Rogério
Gavh2
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Gavh2 »

VG_Speed wrote:Hi!

For the big Nevada Track, the best car I tested so far was GT2. I did 2m 52s, 385 km/h average, and with default setup (and not a perfect run either)!!!!!!! I have 4 Stage 4 parts I think,
Rogério
I have tested the GT40. Its pretty good but the steering in Speed Challenge is a bit iffy... What I like about it is that its SOLID! Launch it in the air and it lands without getting a MAJOR WOBBLE like that GT2 does. I do argree, GT2 all the way though!

BTW, you are so lucky to have 4 stage 4 parts!!! [-o< I want some too!
Hesselaar
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Hesselaar »

I got the Porsche GT2 aswell. But as i won another free car marker i decided to get the LP640 to test that car ^^
I was suprised really, great handling and high speed. I tuned it up to about 860bhp and the highest speed reached with it is exactly 400 km/h :p
It's a great car to use in the nevada desert, it's possible to complete some tracks without even having to use the brake once :lol:
My Zonda now has 1018bhp, which makes it completely useless on the nevada race track, but it's cool to drive it on the autobahn xD
I've got 5 speed cars:
-Pagani Zonda
-Lamborghini LP640
-'65 GTO (Ex-Speed king Nate Denver's car :P)
-Porsche 911 GT2
-BMW M3 E46

I'm still hoping to get some lvl 4 parts for the zonda and the lp640 to max them out even more :p
SnowblindRhino
Ricer
Ricer

Post by SnowblindRhino »

You use brakes in speed challenges? :wink:

Update to my post. The GT is just a waste of money in the Nevada races. Even with the suspension set as soft as I dare, and with the ride height as high as possible, it STILL gets tossed around by every little wrinkle in the pavement, and it goes from tight to loose in the middle of a turn, and then is twitchy as hell in the straights. Its becoming a drag car.

However, I found that my Cuda, while not the fastest thing out there (especially when there is a CPU zonda in the field), its far more stable and controllable then the stat line says it is. So long as you stay in the draft it can pull along quite well.
Gavh2
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Gavh2 »

SnowblindRhino wrote: However, I found that my Cuda, while not the fastest thing out there (especially when there is a CPU zonda in the field), its far more stable and controllable then the stat line says it is. So long as you stay in the draft it can pull along quite well.
That's quite interesting! I've never tried any of the American muscle cars in the game yet. Well I'll just do a few of them races that pay well! Thanks for the tip! I'm still stuck at 84%! I'm only struggling on the Nevada tracks because the roads are so narrow and all the cars handle like sheets ;)
Yuanes
Stock
Stock

Post by Yuanes »

the
Gavh2 wrote:
SnowblindRhino wrote: However, I found that my Cuda, while not the fastest thing out there (especially when there is a CPU zonda in the field), its far more stable and controllable then the stat line says it is. So long as you stay in the draft it can pull along quite well.
That's quite interesting! I've never tried any of the American muscle cars in the game yet. Well I'll just do a few of them races that pay well! Thanks for the tip! I'm still stuck at 84%! I'm only struggling on the Nevada tracks because the roads are so narrow and all the cars handle like sheets ;)
Set your handicap to simple instead of king you win for sure
Summ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Summ »

...and where's the challenge in that? ;) ..or should I have said 'fun' instead?
Crozzers
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Crozzers »

Yeah that kinda takes away the satisfaction of 100%-ing the game..

I mean you cant say "yeeaaah I 100% the game on king!" if you well..err.. don't use king on speed :P
Summ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Summ »

While we're at it, I wanted to share a couple of good advices drawn from personal experience.. the first is, don't EVER get stubborn.. Nevada desert is a booboo, no way around it.. Make a try or two at it in Practice first, just to get the track right.. better you total your car there, where it takes no money and no markers to repair it than totalling it during a race! But if you total it and total it again and again and again, QUIT! Don't, for any reason, keep trying! I know I have, and I know I've burnt out of most of my total repair markers that way. The more I totalled, the more frustrated I got and the more I totaled. Just.. move on. Do the next race. Be smar ;).
The second advice is actually something they taught me not to do while I was taking driving lessons. They told me.. don't look around while driving. Just mind what is up to 100 m in front of you. The theory behind it is that if you look at something attentively enough, you will automatically steer towards it, which, obviously, is bad.. as it brings you out of course, potentially into the other lane and so on.. a world of hurt. Well, that goes very well for driving a real car, when you don't exceed 130 km/h.. once you hit the speeds you hit in Pro Street, it's obvious you need to plan your moves much further ahead. The 100 m pass in the blink of an eye and I guess what most people do wrong is just that.. they focus on what is immediately ahead of them. While it's a good practice to mind the cars ahead of you in order not to bump into them - agreed - I found my driving hands much more stable as soon as I simply.. raised my gaze and fixed it at the farthest point of the road. That way I DID more or less consciously steer towards that spot in a much more seamless way.
You see, what mostly tricks people are those small bends in the road, which you cannot see.. there's a hill, there's an arrow that points to the side, and you panic, because you have no idea how sharp the turn is.. what to do? Look ahead. Not always, but many times, you actually see part of the road coming back up farther ahead and you can pretty much figure out what is safe ground and what is not. =). If not, then it's probable the turn is sharper than that. In general, always look for and steer gently towards the point where the road disappears.

Hope this helps =).
SnowblindRhino
Ricer
Ricer

Post by SnowblindRhino »

So I gave up on the GT and the Z06. Went and bought a 911 Turbo, and basically owned face with it between wrecks. It also turns out to be a fairly durable car, as I have slid it into billboard posts at 200+ with out it totaling. I now own a swanky looking GTO.
Thanks for the help guys.

Return to “ProStreet”