beating ryo?

2007 Need for Speed ProStreet
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

beating ryo?

Post by Fishwhiz »

how many people here have not been able to beat ryo for the second drift race? i was just barely able to beat him the first time in a pontiac solstice. it is tuned for drift, but im not sure if its a bad car, its been able to beat the ebisu part of the noise bomb by at least a couple thousand points, but it is really struggling in the tokyo dockyard tracks. does anyone have suggestions? better car? better tuning? my suspention tuning is mostly tuned slightly "stiffer" for the springs and shocks and i have high pressure in the back tires, a little higher pressure handbrake, and brake bias all the way up front. i have level 4 tires and suspention, and it has 311 hp. do i just suck at the tokyo tracks or do i need to tune better?
T0MMY
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Re: beating ryo?

Post by T0MMY »

use s15 to drift, tokyo dock yard is really hard you have to try many times
*sig removed for being too big. limitations are 550x120px & 50kb*
mrk252
Ricer
Ricer

Post by mrk252 »

Well, yeah dockyards is like hell. I tried 350z, RX8, S15 and RX7 and I must say RX-7 is the best, I even got over 3k points in the hardest of them (u know the one with zic-zac).
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

T0MMY wrote:use s15 to drift, tokyo dock yard is really hard you have to try many times
ive already tried the s15 and i must say its not too impressive on any course. maybe the rx7 will work. thanks for the advise.
GLoPJe
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by GLoPJe »

same problem here tryed corrola s 15 GTO and some othere i getting sick of it cuz i upgrade them all to level 4 and gotta sell it later my money is not unlimited
freaking dockyard :lol:
mrk252
Ricer
Ricer

Post by mrk252 »

Anyone know, does the drift king have the dockyards track?
Feety
Stock
Stock

Post by Feety »

try using your handbrake. i find it very useful when drifting at dockyard.
GLoPJe
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by GLoPJe »

got an rx-7 and guess what.. i won :lol: happy now
Spaz21
Stock
Stock

Post by Spaz21 »

k... so i'm stuck on this same level now. i bought an rx-7 and upgraded it a bit (lvl 3 suspension, tires, turbo) but i seem to hit a wall of about 2500 pts and he's beating my by at least 1000 pts every time! i've used my handbrake... i get long drift bonuses, speed drift bonuses and a bonus for staying on the track but non of this seems to be enough... i've tried this track must be at least 15 - 20 times with no luck.... any advice??
Danyutz
Donator
Donator

Post by Danyutz »

practice it a lot before starting the race, check what's his aprox. number of points he does per race and try to practice until you outrun his points, then tryout the race. doing so, try to tune up your car, using different suspension settings, even try the engine, as you see, in a drift the car usually stays on high rpms, set the turbo to start there, so you can rely on the car's engine, that when you steer out of a corner it maintains a reasonable rpm.
Pr0_E
Stock
Stock

Post by Pr0_E »

Long drifts in high speeds give the best scores. Try combining 2 corners to one big corner with a very long slide and cutting the corners. Use nitrous in the end if you're running out of speed. Start a new drift instantly after another, unless you need more speed. I defeated him in an RX-7 which I got from the drift king.
Datsun-tan

Post by Datsun-tan »

EDIT: Bah, beat him. If you suck like I do, set it to Casual and nose-ride walls with the nitrous flaming out your tail pipes. High rear tire pressure and stiff rebound helps, too.

Figures that after I beat the game, I went back to the track to mess around with my Corolla and scored a clean 4,300 on King at the Tokyo Dockyard. Where the heck was that run during career mode?

Oh well. I took tremendous pleasure in selling his ugly* Evo X. :mrgreen:

*his paintjob/graphics were stupid, not the car itself. Love the new Evo. :wink:
aryamen
Ricer
Ricer

Post by aryamen »

i think the Supra or the Zonda will most certainly beat the hell out of RYO as far as drag racing goes but for the speed challenge, I don't really know...having big problems myself of getting through the speed challenges.
AMD Athlon 64x2 4400+
2GB DDR-RAM
nVidia GeForce 7900GTX 512MB
Creative SoundBlaster X-Fi
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

The tokyo drifttracks are horrible, the 90degree corners are just horrible that combined with in some tracks annoyingly long straigts makes it a horrible place to get long drifts.
I won 1 game against RYO just by wall riding at a fairly big angle but with a decent speed. and managed to beat him quiet easely.

(can't imagine a judge being impressed by someone constantly riding against a wall but he... according to the new EA rules, the judges loved it, pretty weird cause in U1 and 2 if you hit a wall your drift was over.)

But just keep practicing (practice lap) and try to find the right cornering time etc.
I personally did manage to get the shorter one (with 4 90deg corners) with some practice and managed to get a 4000+ points.
The other one with the long run before the first corner, I simply didn't get it right, if I hard a good first half (long fast corner and the first 2 90deg corners) I really messed up the second half and came just abit short, if I did the second part right I messed up the first half of the track.
I beat him by getting a nice first half and then went wall riding till the finish :D

Ooh and beating RYO in Drag racing is just to easy.

Return to “ProStreet”