Purvis Eureka project

Discuss your favourite cars, racing or non-racing
race_invader
Professional
Professional

Re: Purvis Eureka project

Post by race_invader »

Update Finally!

My dad & i have brought the 1989 Alfa Romeo 33 - 1.7cc Cloverleaf with twin Weber carburetors, we have also found out our gearbox is a 1302-S gearbox, except ours has been modified from old owners to fit the old Mitsubishi motor, so hopefully when we get it licensed it won't be a problem, so were are we at the moment? Well we are looking at adapter plates including clutch plate packages about $500 for it and then over America its $700 i believe, Once we get the adapter plate & clutch plate we can bolt the motor onto the chassis and then put the body back on. Except we have to buy a new windscreen, dad had to get rid of the old one seeing that the half repaired large crack could not be repaired once again. We are also doing modifications to the body and making the rear bonnet air scoop larger and opening the vents then placing mesh underneath of course, then with the hole in the top of the roof we are putting a air scoop for the air to lead into the interior so then can have air, with the opening and closing vents etc. We are changing the way the side windows open since they opened from the bottom like about 5cm, adding a steel frame and then making the window half then having it open from the side outwards (see pic).

Thats abit it until i know more or get more information from my dad.

(Note: Pic is not our eureka, this is someone else's eureka that we saw the idea)
race_invader
Professional
Professional

Post by race_invader »

Progress is starting to pick up again, we have heard the motor running in a old Alfa and it runs smooth. Last night dad cut the bonnet and now has bonnet scoops, just needs to be fiberglassed and need some putty then it will look excellent. :) Might be getting the motor this week on Friday so fingers crossed for that.

boganbusman
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by boganbusman »

Nice roofscoop :) Startin' to look serious now.
Striker94
Professional
Professional

Post by Striker94 »

man, you and your dad have got some serious talent. I wonder how many people on this forum would have the skill, let alone time to do that. I congratulate you on your progress. Great work, keep it up!
oh snap
race_invader
Professional
Professional

Post by race_invader »

Roof scoop will actually be a air vent to allow air inside the car, seeing that the windows pop out about 70mm.
boganbusman
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by boganbusman »

race_invader wrote:Roof scoop will actually be a air vent to allow air inside the car, seeing that the windows pop out about 70mm.
Sure, but once you get a turbo onto that motor it will be feeding air to the intercooler :mrgreen:
race_invader
Professional
Professional

Post by race_invader »

Ah, this ain't gonna have a turbo.. :lol:
boganbusman
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by boganbusman »

Not yet :mrgreen:
race_invader
Professional
Professional

Post by race_invader »

Not at all.. :mrgreen:
--
We now have the motor now, its been cleaned up abit. Some parts will be spray painted and have new chrome caps etc. So it will look new again. For a used motor we tested it before we brought it, so it runs very smooth which was a surprise.

RedCarDriver
Drift King
Drift King

Post by RedCarDriver »

The car looks pretty good, man. I can't wait until you have the engine in and maybe new bumpers and stuff.
race_invader
Professional
Professional

Post by race_invader »

Thanks, nah no new bumpers etc. As i think i said before its going to stay stock, cause most eurekas these days have missing parts etc, i believe my dad & i are the only ones to get the original seats and other little bits in WA, so we have the most closest eureka to it being 100% stock, well if you forget about the motor. :lol: Oh and later on when we do have the motor onto the eureka and can be tested etc, i will upload a video of it running only reving and idling though. :)
Danyutz
Donator
Donator

Post by Danyutz »

Is the dog straightened in chains too? :-s - Cool engine dood, you'll getting it cleaned up, right?
race_invader
Professional
Professional

Post by race_invader »

:lol: Nah the dog isn't in the chains.. Yeah the motor will be cleaned up and looking new again, we will also put chrome caps etc also i forgot the name but all tubes pipe on the motor will be covered with a wire crossover material its sliver, cant think of the name.. :oops: If i remember ill say it.
boganbusman
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by boganbusman »

Braided steel?

Why don't you replace all the hoses with new ones instead of just covering them in bling? :|
race_invader
Professional
Professional

Post by race_invader »

Well dad & i wanna make it look pretty so when people look in the back they see a nice motor and all shiny clean. :)
Striker94
Professional
Professional

Post by Striker94 »

race_invader wrote:Well dad & i wanna make it look pretty so when people look in the back they see a nice motor and all shiny clean. :)
but new pipes will be shiny and clean as well...

Also, did you consider the fact that soon (in my limited experience and knowledge) quite a few parts in the engine are going to be replaced (from the amount of k's on it...)?
oh snap
boganbusman
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by boganbusman »

We're talking about hoses, not pipes. New hoses would just be black.

Personally I prefer having plain black components everywhere. Even if I were to use proper stainless steel braided hoses, I would paint it black or something.
Each to his own though.

While you're at it, get some braided ground/earth wires. At least it's practical :wink:
race_invader
Professional
Professional

Post by race_invader »

Well 'hoses' yes... to be honest i couldn't be stuffed editing my post, assuming you would know what i mean. :lol: Anyways, standard hoses are just on every car these days, so we would like to change from different eureka's etc.

Return to “The Cars”