Looking for Racing Games

Serious discussions on matters not covered by other boards. The un-serious type of users should refer to the Can of Spam.
crojob
Ricer
Ricer

Looking for Racing Games

Post by crojob »

Out of every need for speed game ever made which is your favorite? Or which do you think is the best? Ive played U2, Carbon, ProStreet and Undercover. I would have to say so far my favorite is U2 followed Prostreet...

I want to play some of the older ones [pre-underground] but not sure which to try or if i should just try them all.

Also, what others racing games do you know that are good? I'm looking for something challenging, but with plenty of options to tune [preformance] the car. underground 2 has firetruck awesome options for tuning [preformance], which is one of the biggest factors for me liking the game. But most importantly I want to find a racing game that is actually hard. Alot of these arcade style games I'm finding pretty easy. PC games mostly, though I can play older console games via an emulator if need be.

I know there is a similar thread, but me and him arn't looking for the same thing :P
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Re: Looking for Racing Games

Post by Andre_online »

My favourite has to be Underground. It's a close finish with HP2, but I gotta hand it to UG1. It was one of the original street racing games produced.

If you wanna try out pre-Underground NFS games, I highly recommend Porsche Unleashed and High Stakes. These two games are the root to the NFS games produced today. Outside NFS, you could try Forza Motorsport. That game was the most challenging racing game I've ever raced. :)
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

If you can get over the bad graphics and the lack of modding my favourite is NFSII Special Edition. Also try Hot Pursuit 2, my second fave.
Nitrodemon McLaren
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Nitrodemon McLaren »

Other than NFS, try out Gran Turismo. Gran Turismo 3 A-Spec and Gran Turismo 4 in particular. GT5 is coming out this year, but I haven't heard of any PS3 emulators.
crojob
Ricer
Ricer

Post by crojob »

Its unlikely I can run a ps3 emulator anyways. I know its not very realistic, but I'm about to try flatout2 ultimate carnage. There are alot of games that let you tune stuff, but they either don't run well on my pc or its nascar..lol
crojob
Ricer
Ricer

Post by crojob »

Flat Out 2 straight up ran like crap. Flat Out 1 Is spiffy though. Gonna try Forza Motor Sports, then possiable see if i can run GT4 or 3 with an emu. Not too sure about that though.

Running AMD 3200+, 2.5GB Ram and *gulp* Geforce 7300 GS 512MB

Been trying some open source racing games, a few good ones, though not nearly developed enough to call them full games :P Its kinda hard to find a race game that is hard, isn't oval track and lets you tune the performance of the car :( [and doesn't require 30 gigs of ram to run, was gonna try grid, but since i can barely do flatout 2 and undercover [undercover is playable flatout2 is not]..i doubt i can run grid]
Preciptions
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Preciptions »

I like the NFS Most Wanted
It got some cars that are way fast... And then when Carbon was produced, better and faster cars like the Quattro came out (Murciélago LP640 too!)
Way faster cars!
I wish if there's NFS Most Wanted II
It would be great actually
Get The Bleach!
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Dr Houbenheimer »

Preciptions wrote:I like the NFS Most Wanted
It got some cars that are way fast... And then when Carbon was produced, better and faster cars like the Quattro came out (Murciélago LP640 too!)
Way faster cars!
I wish if there's NFS Most Wanted II
It would be great actually
Well there is Undercover, but that was pretty much NFS MOST WANTED 1.5 lol
Preciptions
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Preciptions »

Most Wanted 1.5 is in PSP (As I can remember)
But in The PS2 is different, it better han in the PSP!
Anyways, undercover is more... Oh god, I don't know what to say
;)
Get The Bleach!
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

crojob wrote:Flat Out 2 straight up ran like crap. Flat Out 1 Is spiffy though. Gonna try Forza Motor Sports, then possiable see if i can run GT4 or 3 with an emu. Not too sure about that though.

Been trying some open source racing games, a few good ones, though not nearly developed enough to call them full games :P Its kinda hard to find a race game that is hard, isn't oval track and lets you tune the performance of the car :( [and doesn't require 30 gigs of ram to run, was gonna try grid, but since i can barely do flatout 2 and undercover [undercover is playable flatout2 is not]..i doubt i can run grid]
Yeah you pretty much need a supercomputer to run most games on a PS2 emulator. Do you happen to have any consoles? Or even a TV? Cause PS2s are pretty damn cheap nowadays and you can play GT3 and GT4 perfectly :wink: .
peterfaj
Drift King
Drift King

Post by peterfaj »

@Preciptions: You like fast cars? You've missed the NFSs for you.
Preciptions
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Preciptions »

NFSs For Me? Missed it?
:? (W?)
Get The Bleach!
peterfaj
Drift King
Drift King

Post by peterfaj »

I'm just predicting you missed the NFSs like 4, 5 and 6 and that you'd like them.
Preciptions
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Preciptions »

Ha, I missed them anyway, 4, 5 and 6...
Argg, I really would like them :(
Get The Bleach!
crojob
Ricer
Ricer

Post by crojob »

Koenigsegg_Rox wrote:
crojob wrote:Flat Out 2 straight up ran like crap. Flat Out 1 Is spiffy though. Gonna try Forza Motor Sports, then possiable see if i can run GT4 or 3 with an emu. Not too sure about that though.

Yeah you pretty much need a supercomputer to run most games on a PS2 emulator. Do you happen to have any consoles? Or even a TV? Cause PS2s are pretty damn cheap nowadays and you can play GT3 and GT4 perfectly :wink: .
Yeah I have a TV and such, and can probably get a PS2
Preciptions
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Preciptions »

Yeah I have a TV and such, and can probably get a PS2
You don't have a PS2?
Get The Bleach!
peterfaj
Drift King
Drift King