Just want to talk? Come here.

Serious discussions on matters not covered by other boards. The un-serious type of users should refer to the Can of Spam.
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Re: Just want to talk? Come here.

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

In other news Top Gear S13E2 has been released. The car for a 17 year old thing was pretty hilarious.
taz947
Professional
Professional

Post by taz947 »

Buy a beige Volvo ! :lol:
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

I lol'd at the decibel challenge....untz untz untz untz.
Carcrazy
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Carcrazy »

What's up everyone? See I haven't missed much... :lol:

Speaking of climates, I'm having to sit out here in a tent, and we're hitting tipple digit temps. x.x

Still, I actually have an internet connection, so I'm not going to complain about it. Anyway, anything important been going on around the forums? =P
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

You were gone? o:
Carcrazy
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Carcrazy »

I was back and forth. I'd check in every now and again, but I really only went to the hardware thread. -.o

I'd come in whenever something came up that I either needed help with or felt like sharing, like my computer issues or that Windows 7 deal that I heard rumor of.

Oh, that reminds me. I just read that someone was looking for the defragmentation analysis information in Windows Vista. What you need to do is run a Command Prompt window in Administrator mode and run Defragmenter by typing in "defrag.exe" in the scripting line. It will then give you a list of options, in which you want to chose Verbose Mode, which I believe is done by typing in "-v".

Hope that helps. ^_^

...I just totally put that in the wrong place, didn't I? o.o
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

You obviously realised you put it in the wrong place before hitting submit, so why did you hit submit? :P

"I would have sent money with this letter, but I already sealed the envelope."
Dragster
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Dragster »

Hello there nfs mateys, what's it been, a year or so? Bloody engineering... I've been studying really hard for the last 6 months, 1-2 week and I'm done with 2nd year of studies...

What depresses me is the fact it's all books and equations and math and tables... nothing to see or touch as it is in real life. I think I'll disassemble my renault this summer, just to kill the bad taste in my mouth :P

Anyway, good to see you all still here and posting. nice postcount there hazmat, btw :P

take care
vellu
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by vellu »

Be sure to reassemble aswell!

Nice to see you back...
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

Ahh, you're doing engineering too Dragster? What kind? I'm doing mechanical, automotive focus. But yeah, there's a lack of actual projects -.- I just did a bit of programming, built an electronic circuit (Not a fan of electronics though, lol) and next semester I have CAD, lol. I'm waiting for the final year where we build a race car, lol. I've almost finished mid-year exams, so it'll be 1/8th of my degree done, lol.
Cpt.Razkit
Professional
Professional

Post by Cpt.Razkit »

Dragster!

Yay, i totally forget about this website, like all the time. Good thing I have it as my home page on my laptop.
Dragster
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Dragster »

baumaxx1 wrote:Ahh, you're doing engineering too Dragster? What kind? I'm doing mechanical, automotive focus. But yeah, there's a lack of actual projects -.- I just did a bit of programming, built an electronic circuit (Not a fan of electronics though, lol) and next semester I have CAD, lol. I'm waiting for the final year where we build a race car, lol. I've almost finished mid-year exams, so it'll be 1/8th of my degree done, lol.
Hey there, yeah I remember us discussing our studies over IRC... I wonder what's your curriculum like down there...

I guess I study general engineering. We did subjects like Mathematics I, Statics, Physics of Waves, Materials I, Engineering Graphics, Applied Computer Sciences, Mathematics II, Kinetics, Strength of Materials I, Materials II, Electrical Engineering, Modelling by Computer... That's 1st year...

Now I'm finishing the 2nd year, which has these subjects(my college is 5-year programme btw):

Dynamics, Fluid Mechanics, Thermodynamics I, Engineering Measurements, Applied Computational Methods, Foreign Language I, Statistics for Engineers, Machine Elements I, Hydraulic Machines, Manufacturing Technologies, Foreign Language II(2), Industrial Practice I(3)

Nice eh? Even industrial practice was a 2 hour "read the gauges and write" procedure... lame. There are some aside projects my college funds and organizes, but I don't know how will I find time to participate. I really want to... Plus I'm still rowing semi-professionally, so either that has to go, or I won't develop any cars (formula 3 like) with my college's team...
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

Dragster wrote:I guess I study general engineering. We did subjects like Mathematics I, Statics, Physics of Waves, Materials I, Engineering Graphics, Applied Computer Sciences, Mathematics II, Kinetics, Strength of Materials I, Materials II, Electrical Engineering, Modelling by Computer... That's 1st year...

Now I'm finishing the 2nd year, which has these subjects(my college is 5-year programme btw):

Dynamics, Fluid Mechanics, Thermodynamics I, Engineering Measurements, Applied Computational Methods, Foreign Language I, Statistics for Engineers, Machine Elements I, Hydraulic Machines, Manufacturing Technologies, Foreign Language II(2), Industrial Practice I(3)

Nice eh? Even industrial practice was a 2 hour "read the gauges and write" procedure... lame. There are some aside projects my college funds and organizes, but I don't know how will I find time to participate. I really want to... Plus I'm still rowing semi-professionally, so either that has to go, or I won't develop any cars (formula 3 like) with my college's team...
Yep, pretty much the same here. I just finished Mathematics 1A, Statics (That was unforgiving... 1 mark for a right answer, -0.1 for a wrong one), Electrical Engineering (Bleh), Engineering Programming (C and Matlab), and Puzzle Based learning which was a weird one. It's supposed to help our problem solving skills but it's a little bit annoying... we just have to solve and explain difficult puzzles

Next semester I have Mathematics 1B, Dynamics/Kinetics, Materials, Design Graphics and Engineering Communication... basically just making sure the international students (and some locals -.-) are able to communicate =-P

And 5 years? Is that a basic degree or are you going for honours/masters? I might try and get my masters in 5, lol. But I have to keep up my GPA.

And yeah, I know what you mean about boring pracs... the Electronic machines one was just doing tests for 20 minutes, taking values and the rest was just calculations and graphing -.- .

It's good to keep up something else though, like you are with rowing. Gotta keep fit and take a break somehow, lol.
Dragster
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Dragster »

baumaxx1 wrote:And 5 years? Is that a basic degree or are you going for honours/masters? I might try and get my masters in 5, lol. But I have to keep up my GPA.

And yeah, I know what you mean about boring pracs... the Electronic machines one was just doing tests for 20 minutes, taking values and the rest was just calculations and graphing -.- .

It's good to keep up something else though, like you are with rowing. Gotta keep fit and take a break somehow, lol.
It's a 3+2 programme... after 5 years I'll be (hopefully) getting a master's degree.

About rowing, I think that's the one and only thing I could be doing aside college, because trainings are early in the morning, before the practices and such... It's a shame my grades aren't good enough for a scolarship, I'm really a true poor student, I hardly take any money from my parents, that pushes me forward to get a good job... but this summer I'm going to collect millions!!1 Going to Germany, on one of their famous "baustelle" :mrgreen: I'll die of exhaustion probably, but hey... I'm pretty fit, and they pay GOOD...

Then I'll be able to get some goodies. Like new fat rims for my bicycle...And a PS2... with GT4... *drools*
Porsche-AG
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Porsche-AG »

I'll be in engineering (general) starting September, probably going to end up doing a 4 + 2 year masters or a 5 + 2 year masters with a few semesters of on-the-job experience (coop program).
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

I just signed on to do Cert III in Retail through Maccas. Fully paid for, and all I have to do is write answers that have been given to me, for 8 hours. Ka-ching!
S2000_Skyline12
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by S2000_Skyline12 »

How was you guys' 4th of July?
*sig removed for being too big. max size 550x120px & 50kb*
peterfaj
Drift King
Drift King

Post by peterfaj »

It was awesome! There were fireworks everywhere and stuff!
Last edited by peterfaj on 05 Jul 2009, 23:08, edited 2 times in total.
KammyworldRacerGT4
Drift King
Drift King

Post by KammyworldRacerGT4 »

Mehhhhhh... >.<

I'm only keeping this up because I forgot to being the fireworks. Other than that, I enjoyed the holiday.
Last edited by KammyworldRacerGT4 on 06 Jul 2009, 00:27, edited 1 time in total.
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

Well just like any other day, great :lol:
peterfaj
Drift King
Drift King

Post by peterfaj »

What? Didn't you celebrate it?
boganbusman
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by boganbusman »

Oh yeah, those Dutch guys love to celebrate the Americans' Independance Day.
peterfaj
Drift King
Drift King

Post by peterfaj »

Oh yes, I would.
Last edited by peterfaj on 06 Jul 2009, 00:39, edited 1 time in total.
KammyworldRacerGT4
Drift King
Drift King

Post by KammyworldRacerGT4 »

You don't have to do it, you know. Just sleep through it.

And you would change your post, Faj, you bucket of fail.
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

4th of July?

Return to “General Discussion”