Coolest cars you've seen

Discuss your favourite cars, racing or non-racing
Porsche-AG
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Re: Coolest cars you've seen

Post by Porsche-AG »

@ steelsnake: I don't really know what you mean by 'fussy', but perhaps it's the nature of the car's angular shape that turns you off. I personally like them. As for the R8, it's nice, but I am only a fan of it when it's painted black or the weird black slats underneath the front and rear lights just make me want to puke.
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

I love the slats though. Part of them makes the car looks so seductive, in my opinion.. Audi pretty much failed in design recently until the R8 came along, then the S5. :D
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

For me it's the fairy-lamps that kind of ruin the R8's appearance. Loving the sideblades though, along with the fact that you can customise them to make your R8 unique. I personally enjoy the LP560-4's appearance a lot more though. It's better with the Reventon-based front end than the Reventon is.
Porsche-AG
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Porsche-AG »

@ Andre: The 2nd generation Audi TT wasn't a failure in design I think. Quite good-looking in fact. Not to mention the Audi A7 Concept (Audi Sportback Concept) was a great looking vehicle. And I like the clean look of the 2010 Audi RS6.

@ Koenigsegg: On the LP560-4, I also liked the way the headlights were shortened and widened slightly (and the addition of LEDs).
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

Yea, the 2nd generation TT are pretty decent looking. To the untrained eyes, it's easily mistaken as the R8... or so I've observed. Heh! And agreed on the RS6. Such a deceiving looking car. :D
Koenigsegg_Rox wrote:I personally enjoy the LP560-4's appearance a lot more though. It's better with the Reventon-based front end than the Reventon is.
For me, I've always liked the Gallardo, and the LP560-4 is no exception. For some reason, the only things I fancy most about the Murcielago is the trademark 'Lamborghini "Scissor" doors' and the 6L 12-cylinder engine.
steelsnake00
Professional
Professional

Post by steelsnake00 »

A few details on the LP560-4 are particularly bad. The wheels look like mid-90's single-piece, flat-faced BBS RS replicas and I think that's damn tacky. The vent above the rear bumper, and the diffuser, look like afterthoughts. The mirrors protrude far too far upwards and aren't sleek enough. The after-door vents look like creases in a sheet of paper, the front-wing ones look like afterthoughts, and have you ever SEEN the cabin in one? People can moan all they want about the R8 borrowing switchgear from other Audis, but the Gallardo takes boring and grey to a whole new extreme.
'01 Triumph TT600- Race spec everything
'94 Audi S2 Quattro- Road legal track project
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

You do know that 90% of the LP560-4's exterior came from the original Gallardo, right? If you hate the LP560-4, then I presume you hate the Gallardo line altogether.

Just one thing though, you do know that you get to pick the interior colours when you buy a Lamborghini, right?
Porsche-AG
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Porsche-AG »

Not to mention you can get aftermarket rims on the Lambo.

However, out of all your harsh criticism, I do have to agree with you on the rear upper vent and the side-view mirrors. But I think the overall package of the LP560-4 works and does so quite nicely with it's odd touches and stealthy look.

Not as great as the new Ferrari California, though.
steelsnake00
Professional
Professional

Post by steelsnake00 »

Andre_online wrote:You do know that 90% of the LP560-4's exterior came from the original Gallardo, right? If you hate the LP560-4, then I presume you hate the Gallardo line altogether.
I don't like the Gallardo anyway. The LP560-4 just smacks of "I wish I wa a Reventon" brashness and isn't proportioned well enough to pull it off.
Andre_online wrote:Just one thing though, you do know that you get to pick the interior colours when you buy a Lamborghini, right?
Of course, you can change the leather colours, or if you pay Lambo a supidly large sum of money, get them to dye the plastics for you. But it doesn't stop the interior being less interesting to look at than my A4's. Dull dull dull dull.

@Porsche-AG. Have you ever seen a Gallardo rocking aftermarket rims in real life ? Just because you can get them, doesn't mean people choose to buy them. You can get all sorts of things that no-one buys. Like underpants for dogs.

The California I'm not a fan of either. The newly-revealed F450 looks utterly stunning, though. First good looking Ferrari since the 456.
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

I like the fact that if you pay Lamborghini 20 thousand dollars on TOP of the already hefty asking price for the car itself, they'll paint your new LP670-4 SuperVeloce in matte black or matte white. For the lolz.
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

steelsnake00 wrote:@Porsche-AG. Have you ever seen a Gallardo rocking aftermarket rims in real life ? Just because you can get them, doesn't mean people choose to buy them. You can get all sorts of things that no-one buys. Like underpants for dogs.
You have to come to Singapore then.. Most Lambo owners here aren't satisfied with what they have and decided they should just throw in some Veilsides and aftermarket rims. Not that I'm saying all of them look good, but they do it anyways.
steelsnake00
Professional
Professional

Post by steelsnake00 »

Another thing- The Gallardo is £150,000 or near enough before you start ticking any of the options boxes. Tell me, is it really worth £50k more (around the same price as a nice M3 saloon to use as a daily driver, mind) than a V10-powered R8, which is actually quicker around the twisties thanks to the magnetic dampers?
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

If I have the money, heck yes. What matters in my country is social status, and having either the Lamborghini or the Audi R8 would do the job. But if I have the dough to get the Gallardo over the R8, why not? ;)
Porsche-AG
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Porsche-AG »

@ Andre: Get a black R8, debadge it, throw on some tasteful rims and I'm sure you'll turn just as many heads. If I'm not mistaken the architecture on both vehicles is quite similar so there's no point for paying double for a car that performs very similarly, even if you did have the money. But what you say about Singaporean car owners is very true. I can't count how many times I've seen Hyundai or Honda VANS that have OZ/BBS rims thrown on.

@ steelsnake: And that's in the UK, when in North America you could actually have 2 Audi R8s for the price of 1 Lamborghini LP560-4! And I have seen a number of Lamborghinis that sport aftermarket rims.

As for the Ferrari F450, I was unaware until you mentioned it, and I must agree with you. Taking the lines of the F430 and updating them slightly but enough to look refreshed is one of the best things Ferrari could do.
steelsnake00
Professional
Professional

Post by steelsnake00 »

Andre_online wrote:If I have the money, heck yes. What matters in my country is social status, and having either the Lamborghini or the Audi R8 would do the job. But if I have the dough to get the Gallardo over the R8, why not? ;)
In the UK, buying a Lambo suggests your a brash, vulgar man who spoils dinner parties by getting drunk and hitting on the host's wife. The person who thinks he's god's gift to women, but is generally just an irritating man-child. Plus, a vileside kit for a Lambo? Pure madness. That's like buying a 1978 Vintage Bollinger champagne and then drinking it out of a paper bag.

It's a rumour that the R8 and Gallardo are so similar, off-hand I only think they share about 15% of their body parts, including the rear subframe and basic chassis. The R8 is shorter, a little wider (from memory) and slightly higher, has different engine options, brakes, suspention layout, fuel tank capacity, interior ect ect.

Personally, I think the R8, like the E90 M3 saloon, is for people who love fast cars and know how to drive them, but don't want everyone thinking their flash gits. From what I've seen, most Italian supercars are owned by people who a) don't know how to drive them properly (go to a track day in the UK and I can almost guarentee you won't see a Ferrari road car, though you might spot a Gallardo Superleggera) and b) won't shut up about them.
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

First sighting of the 2 / 20 Lamborghini Murcielago LP670-4 available in Singapore. Photos are not mine though.. ;)

Porsche-AG
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Porsche-AG »

So, did you actually see it in real life? If so, god damn I am jealous... especially since I leave Singapore tomorrow morning.
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

Aw.. Haha! Nah, I haven't. So far only 2 have rolled out from the dealership. Only 20 (not sure if it's inclusive of the showroom display) units are offered to Singapore, and all have been sold.

But what I heard was that it gave people who were there plenty of goosebumps.
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

My surprise factor = 0.
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

No one spotted anything new? Hmm, alright. My turn again then.. :P

These two were spotted at the same day as the Audi R8, but at a different hotel: Hilton.

steelsnake00
Professional
Professional

Post by steelsnake00 »

The Flying Spur is such an imposing looking car. Utterly terrifying on a rainy motorway with one of them sitting up your bumbum.
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

Is it me or does the Bentley have a very small/short driver.....
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

TheStig wrote:Is it me or does the Bentley have a very small/short driver.....
Haha! It isn't the driver. If you look closer, there's no driver inside. That's the passenger's seat which isn't in a proper position. Most likely the rear passenger is tall; I don't know. Heh!

It looks really posh inside. :)
steelsnake00 wrote:The Flying Spur is such an imposing looking car. Utterly terrifying on a rainy motorway with one of them sitting up your bumbum.
Tell me about it. The Phantom easily owns it though.. :)
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

Sorry for the double post, but I can't help it. Haha!

Guess what I saw while I was walking towards my school: Bentley Arnage T!! I've never come across it before until today, and now I understand why people have been saying it's such a long-lengthy car - and it's darn big too! :D

ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

Convertible Gallardo (Black)
and a SLR
other than that,, few Supra's.
and a silver R8 parket near Mcdonalds :lol:
also a black Nissan 350z
and thats it :/

i still want to see a Mazda RX-7, Skyline R34 in real life
would not complain about a Carrera GT too.

Return to “The Cars”