Need for Speed SHIFT Demo

Need for Speed SHIFT News (visible on NFSUnlimited.net)
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Need for Speed SHIFT Demo

Post by Bojan »

There have been rumours around that a SHIFT demo release is around the corner. Well, unfortunately it isn't so:
In the last few weeks we've received a lot of messages and forum posts about a demo so we're currently looking into the feasibility of releasing a demo for SHIFT. We are committed to releasing the best Need for Speed game so we kept the entire team working on the game to make sure we release a really great experience.

We're really proud of what the guys at SMS and Black Box have created and we can't wait to get the game in your hands.
If you are like me and want a demo to be released as soon as possible, be sure to post your thoughts here. I'm sure it will help with the decision.
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Re: Need for Speed SHIFT Demo

Post by Hydro_PT »

Damn, I almost had a heart attack because I thought the demo was released. -.-'

EA, if you're reading this... YES WE WANT A DEMO. How are we supposed to try SHIFT without a demo? I'm surely not going to buy the game without playing it first. And there's only one option when it comes to play a game without buying it (legally, of course).

If you're that proud of what the guys at SMS and Black Box have created, share it with us. :P
mostwantedforlife
Ricer
Ricer

Post by mostwantedforlife »

indeed there should be a demo...Undercover didnt have a demo and look at how crappy it turned out...it was cause no one got to play it b4 they went and spent good money or wasted time downloading....so pretty much im saying that there needs to be demo of this game
EAGamesNFS
Stock
Stock

Post by EAGamesNFS »

EA you better release a demo or I WILL continue bombarding the boards with fake demo messages etc.

EA games ruthless neglect of customers continues.... and worsens every year!

NO DEMO = NO PURCHASE
User deactivated:
TRANSFORMER
Stock
Stock

Post by TRANSFORMER »

There is NO DOUBT of the fact that I will BUY Need For Speed SH!FT, but I want a TEST DRIVE too! [-o<

PS: If there is not any Demo planned... I will watch the US-OPEN until the Release of NFS SH!FT! :D
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Dr Houbenheimer »

Hydro_PT wrote:Damn, I almost had a heart attack because I thought the demo was released. -.-'

EA, if you're reading this... YES WE WANT A DEMO. How are we supposed to try SHIFT without a demo? I'm surely not going to buy the game without playing it first. And there's only one option when it comes to play a game without buying it (legally, of course).

If you're that proud of what the guys at SMS and Black Box have created, share it with us. :P
That is EXACTLY how I felt - I woke up to the heading "Need For Speed SHIFT Demo" and I was just like HELL YEAH but alas that's not the case, as usual :roll:
sommergemuese
Stock
Stock

Post by sommergemuese »

Hello!

I think thats great. I know Blimey! Games because I love GTR 2, GT Legends and of course new Shift soon (hopefully)

This guys are one of the best simulation creators and I trust them 100%, that the final build will be perfect...

And this is a good news: They work hard on the full version and don't use their resources for a demo... and thats worth it

Just think about Arma 2 ;)

BTW: Sorry for my bad spelling my english is &§§$§/$(/$("%"$
krazyammo
Professional
Professional

Post by krazyammo »

Give us a Demo and take out SecuRom please. With a BMW on top.
ultrataco_nw
Ricer
Ricer

Post by ultrataco_nw »

"Need for Speed SHIFT Demo"! =D> \:D/ ...oh wait... #-o :(
I thought they said they were going to release a demo.
We are committed to releasing the best Need for Speed game so we kept the entire team working on the game to make sure we release a really great experience.
Isn't that what they said about Undercover? I'm sure Shift will be good. Just saying.
ultrataco_nw
Ricer
Ricer

Post by ultrataco_nw »

krazyammo wrote:Give us a Demo and take out SecuRom please. With a BMW on top.
fixed for you. :D
TheNoobofFerraris
Professional
Professional

Post by TheNoobofFerraris »

Yeah, I would need to get my hands on a SHIFT demo to be set on buying the full version of the game. It's looking really good, but for the few past years EA has set me up for disappointment.

(and I'm sure that others will agree)
Seems like this website is a ghost town. No longer worth a visit or anyone's time.
SLJ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by SLJ »

agree... give is a demo. at least we can have a feel of how the game is before the actual release date.
Zotic+
Drift King
Drift King
Location: Southern California in the desert where it gets 130 degrees

Post by Zotic+ »

EA,
WE NEED A DEMO, if i dont see a demo im just gonna go with dirt 2 cuz they have a demo, the thing thats making my decision of either getting dirt 2 or nfs shift this month ( im gettin a new game this month)is the demo, i already know dirt 2 is funner but i wanna kno if shift will be better or will it be another slip up. im pretty sure there are some other people in the same situation so take this comment into mind EA
Instagram @SupraHKS
UltimateGTR
Ricer
Ricer

Post by UltimateGTR »

Comon on EA, don't hesitate to release the demo for all platforms! It's a big chance to get NFS back to the brilliant this time! Since Undercover and Pro Street don't satisfy much players.
arabnight
Drift King
Drift King

Post by arabnight »

the game is going to be out in about 11 days how are they gona put out a demo so late into the project? what are they planing to do bring out the demo and the actually game out on the same day?
Jinix
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Jinix »

Please oh please do bring a demo to us all, not only will we be able to see if our computers can handle it (no reason why it should not, but anyways) but it will open the doors for new players to try it out!

Please DEMO!!!
Danyutz
Donator
Donator

Post by Danyutz »

Smells like trouble to me. Same thing happened to Undercover - they said the same thing, but in my eyes it was only a cover until the final release, something is wrong with this one too and they don't want us to see it, until the game release.

I hope i'm wrong.
Kimba
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Kimba »

Oh man, when I saw the title I thought: "Finally! The wait is over!" But then I almost had a heart attack! :D
I hope they'll release the demo very soon (in few days). I want to test the game so badly.
raz3r
Ricer
Ricer

Post by raz3r »

Kimba wrote:Oh man, when I saw the title I thought: "Finally! The wait is over!" But then I almost had a heart attack! :D
I hope they'll release the demo very soon (in few days). I want to test the game so badly.
* And here in Italy an EA marketing manager confirmed me some months ago that a demo will be released for sure in the end of summer. That news completely shocked me, I can understand if the demo comes out afer the release but it MUST comes out. Actually I don't care about it because i already played the game and I already preordered it but I can understand all the people who want to see if it's a good shot or not.
WCG 2006-2007 Italy Winner, Top16 @ WCG GF 2007 Seattle
Shift Online Nick: eQuiDxRazer
thegamer23
Stock
Stock

Post by thegamer23 »

raz3r wrote:
Kimba wrote:Oh man, when I saw the title I thought: "Finally! The wait is over!" But then I almost had a heart attack! :D
* And here in Italy an EA marketing manager confirmed me some months ago that a demo will be released for sure in the end of summer. That news completely shocked me, I can understand if the demo comes out afer the release but it MUST comes out. Actually I don't care about it because i already played the game and I already preordered it but I can understand all the people who want to see if it's a good shot or not.

quote.
they said the demo will be released in the summer before the release of the game.
and now?
they said there will be no demo! cheers. =D>

NO DEMO- NO PARTY
we need a demo to test the game and to buy it , i don't want to spend money if i don't like a game.

otherwise.

Sebastian6600
Stock
Stock

Post by Sebastian6600 »

:lol:
YES!!we want the demo demo demo demo demo demo demo demo demo demo!
Rizur
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Rizur »

I think demo would be a good thing because people like me want to test how well the game run on their PC before buying the game. And without demo how does people test that? By downloading the game illegally and then when you have the dowloaded version of the game you dont need to buy it anymore... So yes, we do want a demo and I think it would be good for EA too. Demo never lower the sale of the game.
And I think if SMS has some little things to fix and they dont have time to make a demo, they should leave those little things for something like a patch and also wait for players to find bugs and glitches so SMS can fix those too in the patch. If SMS fixes the little things later in a patch, they now have time to make a demo :P

E: Or atleast make the demo after the game is out.
Last edited by Rizur on 06 Sep 2009, 12:32, edited 1 time in total.
thegamer23
Stock
Stock

Post by thegamer23 »

Rizur wrote:I think demo would be a good thing because people like me want to test how well the game run on their PC before buying the game. And without demo how does people test that? By downloading the game illegally and then when you have the dowloaded version of the game you dont need to buy it anymore... So yes, we do want a demo and I think it would be good for EA too. Demo never lower the sale of the game.
And I think if SMS has some little things to fix and they dont have time to make a demo, they should leave those little things for something like a patch and also wait for players to find bugs and glitches so SMS can fix those too in the patch. If SMS fixes the little things later in a patch, they now have time to make a demo :P

yeah.
people needs a demo to watch if the software works well with the user's pc.

the people will illegaly download the game for sure to try it. [-X
peterfaj
Drift King
Drift King

Post by peterfaj »

Don't you understand? They are concentrating on the full version, because if they want to make a demo, they obviously have to start it from scratch. If they make a demo, it will delay the game.[/sarcasm]

I like it how they always use the same BS.
Last edited by peterfaj on 05 Sep 2009, 13:54, edited 1 time in total.
thegamer23
Stock
Stock

Post by thegamer23 »

peterfaj wrote:Don't you understand? They are concentrating on the full version, because if they want to make a demo, they obviously have to start it from scratch. If they make a demo, it will delay the game.

I like it how they always use the same BS.
uhm.
the game will come out on september 15 th , they must have already completed the game 1 month ago minimum.
I think they have time to work on a demostration version. :!:
we will se.

Return to “News”