What is the best starting car?

Post by OutcastNeedhelp »

Just asking that's all.
Summ
Drift King
Drift King

Re: What is the best starting car?

Post by Summ »

You know.. there are stats of the various cars IN the game. How about looking? =)
OutcastNeedhelp
Ricer
Ricer

Excuse me you don't have to be so rude.
jeffareid
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by jeffareid »

Mazda RX8 or Honda S2000 for the starting car. But once you buy a car, you can then do quick races, like running 1 lap at the tiny oval Miyatomi, for $2,000 a race. You can also run a longer race where it's easy to follow the racing line, which will increase your driver level and unlock an invitational event. These pay $8000 per event, more than career events.

Note you can sell the initial car and get all the money you spent on that car back, then buy a different car. In this case, the 350Z is the fastest of the tier 1 cars, mostly due having a lot of power. This makes it difficult to drive if your not using assists.

Unless you use a money cheat, you'll complete tier 1 with very few upgrades on the 350z, and since you never use a tier 1 car again in career, there's no need to keep it, so you sell it and buy a tier 2 car.
arabnight
Drift King
Drift King

Post by arabnight »

Summ wrote:You know.. there are stats of the various cars IN the game. How about looking? =)
thats kinda rude dude..everyone knows its there but that dose not mean u can follow off of it.

But back to the question. i Used a bmw 135i I pretty much stuff with bmw all the way til i had to get other cars but the 135i did the job well handled great and had money left over to use (not that import cause u get money in this game like cool)
Summ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Summ »

Stupid questions get stupid answers. Performance-wise, the stats are all there. They don't leave room for interpretation. It's like I came here and asked: "Hey, in a contest for what is highest, which is better? 10 or 13?"

If the question was about the feel of the car, then nobody is qualified to answer. It's a matter of personal preference. One man's hell, another man's paradise. If you think that's rude, then good luck with your further adventures on the internet.
arabnight
Drift King
Drift King

Post by arabnight »

some ppl just like to hear options or thoughts from other people.
And just because its on the internet dose not mean you have to be a complete ass about every last thing someone says.
Summ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Summ »

^Undoubtedly true. My point was that my statement doesn't measure up in 'rudeness' to the stuff I see flying around everywhere on the internet. Better grow a thicker skin.

EDIT - I don't even need to go far for a prime example: http://forum.nfsunlimited.net/viewtopic ... 45#p367021
Last edited by Summ on 25 Sep 2009, 21:11, edited 1 time in total.
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

I choose the Honda S2000 as my first car. It wasn't the best (I think the 350Z is the best of all Tier 1 cars), but it's a car I really like, so I had to buy it. It handled pretty good and I was able to finish all Tier 1 events with it, and I didn't have to buy any performance upgrade. I just bought a bodykit and put some new rims. Perfect ride. :)
arabnight
Drift King
Drift King

Post by arabnight »

Summ wrote:^Undoubtedly true. My point was that my statement doesn't measure up in 'rudeness' to the stuff I see flying around everywhere on the internet. Better grow a thicker skin.

EDIT - I don't even need to go far for a prime example: http://forum.nfsunlimited.net/viewtopic ... 45#p367021
OK you made your point i couldn't stop laughing.
zedex
Drift King
Drift King

Post by zedex »

Summ wrote:EDIT - I don't even need to go far for a prime example: http://forum.nfsunlimited.net/viewtopic ... 45#p367021
that was probably one of the best replies............ IN THE WORLD!
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Dr Houbenheimer »

Oh god Stig nailed him! that's hilarious!

Anyway, let's get back on topic, as funny as it was reading arabnight and Summs conversation, I think it would be nice to continue discussing OUR PERSONAL OPINIONS on our favourite starting car :D
Last edited by Dr Houbenheimer on 29 Sep 2009, 03:23, edited 1 time in total.
zedex
Drift King
Drift King

Post by zedex »

well I PERSONALLY started with Civic Si... that's what I ALWAYS do... since Underground, Underground 2... then they abandoned Civic in the rest fo the game... oh yeah forgot Pro Street too... but that was Civic hatchback... bleh... i don't like hatchbacks
Yoshimitsu
Stock
Stock

Post by Yoshimitsu »

Best car to start the game is a AWD car (when you play with keyboard, like me) because it's easier to handle them.
vZv
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by vZv »

Dr Houbenheimer wrote:I god Stig nailed him! that's hilarious!
Guy that has title "juiced" written at the bottom of his avatar can't nail anything, especially me [-X

P.S. Best starter car is obviously BMW 135i, it's just fastest one...
arabnight
Drift King
Drift King

Post by arabnight »

Guy that has title "juiced" written at the bottom of his avatar can't nail anything, especially me [-X

P.S. Best starter car is obviously BMW 135i, it's just fastest one...[/quote]

Am i thinking that ur thinking that "juiced" is from the game?...

2ndly umm just because its fast dosnt mean its good. Mustang is fast but isnt that good
Summ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Summ »

^It is from the game. When Juiced1 hit the shelves, it was way better than what NFS had to offer, driving-wise (no matter that they completely screwed that over with Juiced2). Several members of this forum were enthusiastic about it back then and juicedunlimited.net was opened - a sister site to nfsunlimited. UrQuattro (now gone), myself and Stig were mods on that site, but it never really took off, because Juiced never really took off. I guess Stig never changed his avatar since those days.

As for vZv's argument pointing out that a connection to Juiced means something (whatever it might be in his mind), I doubt there's reason to point out why that's pure bs.
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Stick to the topic please.
vZv
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by vZv »

arabnight wrote: 2ndly umm just because its fast dosnt mean its good. Mustang is fast but isnt that good
RWD car's are most fun to drive. And besides that it (135i) fast it handles really well, not like S2000 (if you playing with KB).
Summ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Summ »

As for what makes a more fun car to drive - Personally I prefer the planted feeling of the 4WD cars on some tricky tracks and the oversteery'ness of the RWD cars on others. The BMW 135i is an interesting car. I think it handles quite well and is relatively easy to control, when it gets tailhappy. I find the S2000 to be a nightmare. Difficult to apply any kind of acceleration in that car in a corner without finding yourself struggling to control a slide. More downforce would help. Perhaps when upgraded, it could make for a decent choice. Has anyone tried?

EDIT: Quit editing my posts, GT3...
Last edited by Summ on 29 Sep 2009, 07:50, edited 1 time in total.
Kaerar
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Kaerar »

Yeah the S2000 is shiznit full stop. The 135i however seems to just be the easiest car ever which is probably something to do with BMW's support of the game. The 350z is also crap, but it is arguably the fastest Tier 1 car and therefore utterly worthless after 5 mins and you being in Tier 2.

So far I haven't found a car I really like and the controls have annoyed me so much I have stopped playing it in favour of GRID, Pro Street, Flat Out 2, and Juiced 1 ;)
arabnight
Drift King
Drift King

Post by arabnight »

Summ wrote:As for what makes a more fun car to drive - Personally I prefer the planted feeling of the 4WD cars on some tricky tracks and the oversteery'ness of the RWD cars on others. The BMW 135i is an interesting car. I think it handles quite well and is relatively easy to control, when it gets tailhappy. I find the S2000 to be a nightmare. Difficult to apply any kind of acceleration in that car in a corner without finding yourself struggling to control a slide. More downforce would help. Perhaps when upgraded, it could make for a decent choice. Has anyone tried?
no i haven't tried upgrading the parts for the s2000 the car pissed me off so much i just didn't want to bother with it.
When i went threw the car list i just thought i become a bmw fan boy and stick with them til the tiers didn't have one in stock they been good to me so far. tier 3 i went lambo style and 4 went zonda R
OutcastNeedhelp
Ricer
Ricer

Okay thanks for the advice.
arabnight
Drift King
Drift King

Post by arabnight »

no problem there champ.
OutcastNeedhelp
Ricer
Ricer

I have the following cars I have currently in garage.Two Mazda(RX 5 and RX 7)Colbat SS,Audi TT Two Nissian cars(Skyline and GT R)

What is the best tuning setup for these cars I have my current career?

I'm Driver level 17.I filled up all badges.Track badges I need help with Some badges.

Return to “SHIFT”