Patrick Soderlund interview about SHIFT and glitches

2009 Need for Speed SHIFT
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Patrick Soderlund interview about SHIFT and glitches

Post by xturbo »

First of all, if this has been posted, my entire bad, just close the thread.

But if this hasn't been posted, you must hear what Patrick Soderlund answers about the glitches in the game. It's interesting that they say many bugs are "locked down" (resolved) but they are waiting for the quality test approval from Microsoft and Sony, and also says that the PC patch could come earlier than the console patchs. Finally it adds that the new PC patch could come in the following weeks, so all we have to is wait.

Link to the interview:
http://www.autoweek.com/article/2009100 ... /910029990
The part where he talks about the glitches is 11:05
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Re: Patrick Soderlund interview about SHIFT and glitches

Post by Hydro_PT »

Interesting news. I really hope they're fixing the game with a nice patch. :)

To be honest I didn't experienced many bugs so far, and I've already spent a good amount of hours playing SHIFT. In fact it's the only game I've been playing in the last days... but I know that there are lots of peoples suffering from weird problems, and I bet they can't wait for a patch. The first one gave me a nice boost when it comes to loading times. The game loads the tracks and the cars really fast now. :)

Let's see what they bring as DLC. More cars and tracks for sure, but maybe a better vinyl system? They're aware of the shiznit system they have, right? No mirror option, no decals colours, few primitives designs and other stuff... and the fact that you can't even see the car properly when buying a bodykit. :|
aryamen
Ricer
Ricer

Post by aryamen »

I'm just curious, did Soderlund refer to the patch that has already been released (i.e fixes LAN and mouse supported menu) or is there another patch coming up anytime soon?
AMD Athlon 64x2 4400+
2GB DDR-RAM
nVidia GeForce 7900GTX 512MB
Creative SoundBlaster X-Fi
Skroting
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Skroting »

Another patch is coming. I'm actually a bit disappointed about this. Of course I want the patch as soon as possible, but they couldn't possibly have had time to fix everything that needs fixing so soon. Well, unless they actually knew about the game's shortcomings before it was even released.
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

Skroting wrote:Well, unless they actually knew about the game's shortcomings before it was even released.
Somehow I think they knew about some of the problems in SHIFT... but they just released it anyway.

Return to “SHIFT”