World Patch 5 with Performance Customization

Need for Speed World Online News (visible on NFSUnlimited.net)
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

World Patch 5 with Performance Customization

Post by Bojan »

Need for Speed World is getting a new version upgrade tonight with the most notable feature being performance customization. An overview was posted on the official site on Friday and with yesterday's Parts introduction the series of articles explaining in detail the new feature continues.
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Re: World Patch 5 with Performance Customization

Post by Hydro_PT »

"Durability & Insurance: Cars now lose durability each race and will need to be repaired. If a car reaches 0% durability, it will lose all benefits from performance parts. Durability loss can be prevented for a set period of time by purchasing Insurance from the Safehouse."

So now we will spend even more money repairing our car? I like the idea (maybe noobs will stop ramming everyone if this affects the condition of their car), but the prices must be fair. In game prices are way too expensive, even for an MMO.

Other than that, this is a very interesting patch. Can't wait to try it out. :)
BloodCry
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by BloodCry »

i know the damage thing is just stupid... more money that i dont want to WASTE! especially if i wer to be saving for something
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

Hydro_PT wrote:"Durability & Insurance: Cars now lose durability each race and will need to be repaired. If a car reaches 0% durability, it will lose all benefits from performance parts. Durability loss can be prevented for a set period of time by purchasing Insurance from the Safehouse."

So now we will spend even more money repairing our car? I like the idea (maybe noobs will stop ramming everyone if this affects the condition of their car), but the prices must be fair. In game prices are way too expensive, even for an MMO.

Other than that, this is a very interesting patch. Can't wait to try it out. :)
I think they made RX-7 cheaper, its 60k now...atleast i bought it for that much money right now, before... i swear it did cost 130k.

Anyway, the new sounds are so awesome that i can't describe it, performance tuning is how it should be from the very start ...just curious what will be in the "Misc" section. Any thoughts?

Visual tuning is finally separate so i don't need to ruin my RX-7 with those hideous bodykits while making it go faster.

I think they did tweak prices a bit, although the Elise is still 400k....
Not that im going to buy it, my Evo 9 and RX-7 are more than enough to entertain me for a long time. That is until i get M3 GTR....(if ever)

Only thing i hope for now is that they will rework visual tuning just like they reworked performance.

Example: I would install the spoiler-less bodykit on Silvia, but i just hate those rims.
Also finally we can somewhat compare if the car is faster or slower than our, not just some wild estimations based on "he has 1 more tiny bar of speed and 2 less bars on acceleration".

Anyone who has different cars, did they tweak sounds and performance in them too?

I wonder if Charger does sound...properly now. More...well i dunno...manly? :lol:

Return to “News”