2012 Need for Speed Most Wanted
Zotic+
Drift King
Drift King
Location: Southern California in the desert where it gets 130 degrees

Most Wanted Gamescom 2012 Press Conference/Gameplay

Post by Zotic+ »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDMpPHD8 ... ture=g-u-u

The video begins with the Multiplayer Trailer. In this video, Matt Webster tells us about more about Most Wanted, including details of how cars are unlocked and more info about Autolog 2.0. After Webster is done, the rest of the video is gameplay, showcasing how new cars are unlocked by driving up to a Mercedes SL65. After, the player begins a Circuit race with various cars competing through a harbor location and police joining half way through. After the race has ended, the player must continue to escape the police.

One interesting thing I noticed was at the begininning of the gameplay, it tells you on the bottom right corner if the screen what modifications have been done to the car. These modification consist of: Body, Chassis, Power Train, Tyres & Nitrous.
Instagram @SupraHKS
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Re: Most Wanted Gamescom 2012 Press Conference/Gameplay

Post by Fishwhiz »

i saw a mclaren mp4, lexus lfa, and some british car that i've seen on top gear before that was pretty sick but i completely forget the name of it. i think it was somewhere around the 7:55 mark and it was blue.
Zotic+
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Zotic+ »

Fishwhiz wrote:i saw a mclaren mp4, lexus lfa, and some british car that i've seen on top gear before that was pretty sick but i completely forget the name of it. i think it was somewhere around the 7:55 mark and it was blue.
I dont know what it is, I want to say it is a Gumpert Apollo, but not totally sure yet.

Also, at 6:17, you can see that first place is awardewd with off road tires and second place with track tires. So theres a little customization right there.
Instagram @SupraHKS
Phantom_pain33
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Phantom_pain33 »

I'm disappointed,i just created a topic.based on it.
drifterzzz
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by drifterzzz »

Fishwhiz wrote:i saw a mclaren mp4, lexus lfa, and some british car that i've seen on top gear before that was pretty sick but i completely forget the name of it. i think it was somewhere around the 7:55 mark and it was blue.
Marrussia B2

this is the car right >??

copy from gtplanet.. :mrgreen:
Phantom_pain33
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Phantom_pain33 »

First of all it was a great trailer,great environments ,awesome visuals,graphics,effects ,however ,i see how many cars in multiplayer competing at once ? enter number here- you guys mite already see some disappointment on my writing and yes there is,this game its nowhere near a need for speed game,yes the licenced cars are there,the enviroments specially the industrial resembles most wanted rockport and the game looks very gritty just like most wanted however this is not need for speed ,this is burnout paradise 2 and the most wanted and need for speed title its disguising it with licenced and cops.

Pros =D>
-awesome cars
-great environments
-dynamic day and light
-visuals

Cons [-X
-NO COPS IN MULTIPLAYER!,they literally took a page from SSX autolog and pretty much you can race your opponent anytime you want because their race its already recorded with a ghost and everything.(This was based on the conference game-play)

-The only way to race its smashing things around(not need for speed),takedowns and all, and not focus on racing , meaning im racing not crashing and smashing.would be better if u force someone to crash , more realistic,this is not bumper cars or destruction derby.

-Still no information on customization like i said im not a big fan of it, but stop using words like,roll-outs,modifications and for Christ sake just revealed what you have..everything i see its stock body, same stuff. FAcePalm-

-Finally no word on the vita version or screenshots which led me to believe that the vita version doesn't even exists probably we wont even see it this year either,Sony show the leading titles(vita) for this fall/holiday season and need for speed should off being one of them well i didn't even see it there.

Conclusion
i love what criterion its doing and the only way for me to look at this game its by just calling it Most wanted because if i even dig deeper i still cant find no element of need for speed and im talking about the true classic need for speed core values the only thing its the cars. I'm waiting for more reveals such as single player,customization and on.
Zotic+
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Zotic+ »

@drifterzzz Wow, Ive never seen that car before... they really do have a diverse car list.

@phantompain There is customization, go back to the video and look to right of the screen at 6:17
Instagram @SupraHKS
Phantom_pain33
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Phantom_pain33 »

Zotic+ wrote:@drifterzzz Wow, Ive never seen that car before... they really do have a diverse car list.

@phantompain There is customization, go back to the video and look to right of the screen at 6:17
I'm aware there is customization,but i just wish it was more clear when i look at the right of the screen , i see stock body, haven't seen any other types of body, i see off-road tires and stuff if u win a certain amount of point that's it. if u see something that im not seeing a screenshot will be nice.
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

drifterzzz wrote:
Marrussia B2

copy from gtplanet.. :mrgreen:
wow. never knew such a car existed. i was thinking of some other car that i can't put a name on but this one is probably correct. awesome.

edit: i just looked up pictures of the marussia and holy cow the front of that car is ugly
drifterzzz
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by drifterzzz »

the more they update about mw..the more BURNOUTISH.. i loved burnout exspecially takedown ,revenge those are fun but some of event are preety hard.. :D
Zotic+
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Zotic+ »

@phantom I would assume the body kits might be similar to the tires like track and offroad tires, there might be track and offroad aero kits (I would imagine that the off road aero would be limited to select cars)

@drifterzzz I feel this game is blend of NFSMW and Burnout, one game I always wished would be made, and is now coming :D

I feel like were th only ones interested in this game :/
Instagram @SupraHKS
drifterzzz
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by drifterzzz »

Zotic+ wrote:@phantom I would assume the body kits might be similar to the tires like track and offroad tires, there might be track and offroad aero kits (I would imagine that the off road aero would be limited to select cars)

@drifterzzz I feel this game is blend of NFSMW and Burnout, one game I always wished would be made, and is now coming :D

I feel like were th only ones interested in this game :/
ahahhaa...yeah gotta agree with you lost people hate it... i hope there is classic muscle in this game..if they put car list like the run im gonna happy and bodykit pack also..
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

i can't understand how people are hating on this. obviously, they've never played burnout. when need for speed started going downhill, criterion came out with burnout paradise and it was the most fun racing game i've ever played to this day. if they knew how well criterion makes their games, they would realize that this need for speed is actually going to be amazing. i mean, look at the new hot pursuit- that was one of the best nfs games that came out in a very long time. i think mixing the elements from burnout paradise, the best arcade racer i've ever played, and nfs hot pursuit, the best nfs game since 2005, i think this game is set up to be pretty amazing.
Zotic+
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Zotic+ »

Fishwhiz wrote:i can't understand how people are hating on this. obviously, they've never played burnout. when need for speed started going downhill, criterion came out with burnout paradise and it was the most fun racing game i've ever played to this day. if they knew how well criterion makes their games, they would realize that this need for speed is actually going to be amazing. i mean, look at the new hot pursuit- that was one of the best nfs games that came out in a very long time. i think mixing the elements from burnout paradise, the best arcade racer i've ever played, and nfs hot pursuit, the best nfs game since 2005, i think this game is set up to be pretty amazing.
+1 also NFSHP 2010 was similar to BP also, with the driving physics and takedowns
Instagram @SupraHKS
Phantom_pain33
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Phantom_pain33 »

Fishwhiz wrote:i can't understand how people are hating on this. obviously, they've never played burnout. when need for speed started going downhill, criterion came out with burnout paradise and it was the most fun racing game i've ever played to this day. if they knew how well criterion makes their games, they would realize that this need for speed is actually going to be amazing. i mean, look at the new hot pursuit- that was one of the best nfs games that came out in a very long time. i think mixing the elements from burnout paradise, the best arcade racer i've ever played, and nfs hot pursuit, the best nfs game since 2005, i think this game is set up to be pretty amazing.
Alright there's seems to be a misunderstanding here,im not hating on this game, i clearly said i love what criterion its doing,honestly but this game does not resembles need for speed anymore it has become a franchise of its own with elements from both franchises need for speed and burnout really titling towards burnout more than need for speed on the gameplay/design.

whats disappointing soo far its that yes they have 12 players online but no cops on multiplayer,this game its about the chase specially if you are the most wanted in my opinion the only ones that want you outta of the way are the cops , because competition will always exist but the term most wanted its like your being pursuit ,kind of the the most wanted criminals in the u.s or the world or in a old west setting the most wanted outlaw for causing mayhem and stuff.

i know the story of criterion, i being playing need for speed well since road and track :need for speed.back in the days they were two franchises need for speed and test drive competing for the gold on consoles meanwhile criterion was working on burnout i believe burnout was release first in the arcades then on consoles and it took a life of its own from there ,love the burnout series and yes till this day burnout paradise its still one of my favorite games and still looks damn good.im aware of criterion signature top notch quality on their games believe me these guys are masters at what they do and honestly i enjoy hot pursuit 2010 it was the closest game to the classics (1990- early 2000)

Bottom line im getting this game because to me the true stars of need for speed always being the cars and i got introduced to exotics through Need for speed 3 :hot pursuit and since the i being a big fanatic of cars.
Phantom_pain33
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Phantom_pain33 »

HERE WE GO GUYS!

Need for speed most wanted vita first look!
http://www.theverge.com/gaming/2012/8/1 ... ts#3667649
Zotic+
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Zotic+ »

Phantom_pain33 wrote:HERE WE GO GUYS!

Nice found, also I just found some gameplay of the public demo @ gamescom, surprised that there arent more videos, just this one. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBlQnNfBXGY

New car spotted there also, the Audi A1 Clubsport Quattro
Instagram @SupraHKS
Phantom_pain33
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Phantom_pain33 »

Zotic+ wrote:
Phantom_pain33 wrote:HERE WE GO GUYS!

Nice found, also I just found some gameplay of the public demo @ gamescom, surprised that there arent more videos, just this one. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBlQnNfBXGY

New car spotted there also, the Audi A1 Clubsport Quattro
Awesome!
I also found this offscreen footage too.
http://www.ign.com/videos/2012/08/15/ga ... n-gameplay
Phantom_pain33
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Phantom_pain33 »

I'm a bit worried , the number 40 keeps appearing a lot when they talk about cars 40 cars, its a disappointment right there compared to hot pursuit and the run car list,c'mon criterion don't do this, 40 cars and after that DLC car packs not good.i will only buy the pack that has the Lamborghini Diablo SV.
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

i think that 40 is the number of cars there are hidden throughout the city. i'm pretty sure it said somewhere else that 10 other cars can be beaten in a race to win it, and i'm assuming there is more than one car you get to start out with.
Phantom_pain33
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Phantom_pain33 »

Fishwhiz wrote:i think that 40 is the number of cars there are hidden throughout the city. i'm pretty sure it said somewhere else that 10 other cars can be beaten in a race to win it, and i'm assuming there is more than one car you get to start out with.
the 10 cars are part of the 10 blacklist racers , so there is a blacklist after all, also i believe one of the blacklist cars its the bmw m3 gtr from the original most wanted.it has being spotted already in one of the screenshots.
Phantom_pain33
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Phantom_pain33 »

Dead silence *wind blows*
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

probably just because there is no new videos, news or anything else to talk about because they are being stingy about revealing anything the past week.
Phantom_pain33
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Phantom_pain33 »

Fishwhiz wrote:probably just because there is no new videos, news or anything else to talk about because they are being stingy about revealing anything the past week.
Doesn't that bother you ,i mean am i the only one feeling disappointed by the lack of news of this game all they do its reveal real life cars and stuff on their Facebook.i would like to see some vita footage ,soo far i seen a few screenshots and my vita will be put through good use when need for speed comes out.
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

Phantom_pain33 wrote:
Fishwhiz wrote:probably just because there is no new videos, news or anything else to talk about because they are being stingy about revealing anything the past week.
Doesn't that bother you ,i mean am i the only one feeling disappointed by the lack of news of this game all they do its reveal real life cars and stuff on their Facebook.i would like to see some vita footage ,soo far i seen a few screenshots and my vita will be put through good use when need for speed comes out.
no i'm definitely a little annoyed. gamescom is passed and hardly anything new is revealed. I mean they basically just "officially announced" or at least hinted really hard at the marussia b2 being in the game, but that's not really anything new obviously. i'd like to see some new gameplay footage, new cars, show exactly what happens with these modifications, especially the body mods. probably a few cop chases and showing more of the environment.

Return to “Most Wanted 2012”