New Videos from IGN.

Need for Speed Underground 2 News (visible on NFSUnlimited.net)
MikeFarrar
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

New Videos from IGN.

Post by MikeFarrar »

2 new videos have been released from IGN showing some great cars racing in srpint mode. One of them is the Holden Monaro :D (Pontiac GTO for the overseas ppl). That's another car added to my garage! ALso there appears to be a new camera mode and that is roof cam. U r able to see ur hood but no signs of a Cockpit view. :( Anyways here r the videos.

IGN Videos

~Mike
^Sparco^
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by ^Sparco^ »

The rain looks cool in Monaro video.

Now I see what actually is the free roaming in this game. There is free roaming yes, but only as a game menu. When you start a race, then you are in a closed circuit!!! :roll: (look at those hundreds of red arrows blocking the streets everywhere). If you look the map, you are following a closed track.
samurilos
Drift King
Drift King

Post by samurilos »

I dled and watched both videos and twas sweet, though i would hope that the arrows could be turned off in options, they look abit too much at times, but the internsity and speed is still there, nicer cities, tunnels or is autobahn, the tropic idea is there for sum cities whilst theres also the busy city feel, tarffics looks the same as in nfsu1, i also hope the light trails look better or else off they'll be off for me in the options on the other hand gauges look better and other videos i noticed u can change the colour of it, thats how deep they've gone with the tuning aspect, lots of optional paths to take in races, very good, sound overall are better maybe cuz the music was off but turbo blow off and car scraping sounded better in these videos compared to nfsu1 and Nitro(NOS as they call it) sounds more ear screeching and thats good for a nitro sound, like you are cutting through the wind, car skids or slides sounds like it should, now the car engine itself sounds acceptable I didn't notice much difference in the engine sound compared to nfsu1, crowds shown at the end of races looked practically on par with nfsu1 they prolly approach you car differently but thats about it, loading screen has Brooke Burke nice, menu screen looks more up to date, overall pretty much better based off the videos. Now wheres my official demo or even unofficial, darnit, oh yeah the hood view, its a new view u can use in races, not better than any i've seen, i'd rather a in car view like porsche unleased, it would fit this game nicely, seeing ur stereo, steering and dash, that'd be kewler , anyhoo the cinematic jump cutsceenes look more movie like which intern is better so now ur jumps are more appreciated,and then theres feel(or gameplay if u wanna call it that) the car tail appears to swing more on sharp turn so controlling of cars may feel different based off the way they drove in the video. And then came the rain, yup it seems they implicated a bit of a weather system, rain falling looks as real as games can make it and also the new nos refill feature, which seem s to refill after doing slides and so on seems u don't start wth full nos anymore, pretty handy though the nos refill feature that is, a bit arcadey but in the end it encourages more skillful driving, free roam, I wasn't much into that in nfsu1 but it looks cool, larger city so u would prolly wanna free roam to learn the shortest paths. And thats my review, I'd say compared to nfsu1, i can give these videos 9/10 for how good nfsu2 seem to look. Can't wait to play this game, then again i have to. So for my nice review why not reward me with a demo, I'll even throw in a extra point.
Last edited by samurilos on 30 Sep 2004, 18:54, edited 2 times in total.
redline__
Ricer
Ricer

Post by redline__ »

outrun is the best mode in this game cuz you are all free!
marshallpre1
Drift King
Drift King

Post by marshallpre1 »

i cant watch those videos, :(
samurilos
Drift King
Drift King

Post by samurilos »

Whats the prob, i had to dl em cuz the streaming doesn't work for, gladly i have dsl at work, hope u get to seem em soon though,each video is about 3 min and sum secs but thats pretty long, they are each an entire race, so its kewl.
Ximo
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Ximo »

Really really good videos! I agree with samurilos, i want a demo! Looks very promising this time around.
jobo9
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by jobo9 »

yup, they keep making us more and more curious, revealing bits of info at a time and release some movies sometimes...
But now we want to feel the game! (nfsu1 is getting a bit boring...)
samurilos
Drift King
Drift King

Post by samurilos »

Definitely, i'm tired of nfsu1's old tracks, these new tracks seem fresh, well interms of the layout, and all these new customization and fine tuning i really wanna test out.
VPNeverLoser
Drift King
Drift King

Post by VPNeverLoser »

i like the exaust sounds
Last edited by VPNeverLoser on 30 Sep 2004, 21:42, edited 1 time in total.
nightrider
Drift King
Drift King

Post by nightrider »

wtf??? Having red arrows was ok but now the arrows are also invisible walls. I'm going to pray that there will be an on/off feature. Also hope that there will be an on/off feature for those rear light nitrous effects. They get kinda annoying.
And why do you lose nitrous when you bump into traffic??

Other than that, the game looks pretty good so far.
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Skyline_man »

I dont like the idea of the closed roads around the Sprint tracks, it is supposed to be FREE ROAMING CITY, whats the diffrence between it and between NFSU sprint tracks????, i think the answer is that the Sprint tracks of NFSU2 is much more longer. i like the coal harbour sprint track, its really awesome :P.
btw the engine sound of the holden monaro isnt good at all, i prefer the RX-8's and EVO's one, and finally it seems that there is no damage.
VPNeverLoser
Drift King
Drift King

Post by VPNeverLoser »

nightrider wrote:. Also hope that there will be an on/off feature for those rear light nitrous effects. They get kinda annoying.
i have to agree with the real light, nitrous effects. Looks nasty, it will ruin your pics. So i hope they will have on/off feature for that. About losing the ntrous when bumping traffic, maybe nitrous leaks when hitting your car. Just like in Juiced
samurilos
Drift King
Drift King

Post by samurilos »

Ok ok, well i suppse u should be able to turn off light trails, u could in nfsu1 so most likely u should be able to do that from the display options, as for the arrow i doubt that those can be turned but what can we expect, they're still holding out on us, but i'm almost sure light trails can be turned off cuz sum video cards don't even support that like in nfsu1, i can deal with the arrows, when driving you'll more than likely be focusing on the track.I'm glad there are invisible walls, if they weren't there then how would they distinguish between the different track layouts, u could go off track and mess up, so the invisble wall is a ok thing.
nightrider
Drift King
Drift King

Post by nightrider »

VPNeverLoser wrote: About losing the ntrous when bumping traffic, maybe nitrous leaks when hitting your car. Just like in Juiced
EA is smart but not smart enough to pull off something like that. It's probably just part of the nitrous system. Same thing as gaining nitrous except the opposite.
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

That arrow is only in the CIRCUIT and SPRINT mode. If you concentrate on the videos, those arrows are actually used for the CIRCUIT or SPRINT so you won't be lost when heading to the chequered flag... When you are doing a free-run mode, those red arrows will disappear...

I think that's the point of having the red arrows
VPNeverLoser wrote:
nightrider wrote:. Also hope that there will be an on/off feature for those rear light nitrous effects. They get kinda annoying.
i have to agree with the real light, nitrous effects. Looks nasty, it will ruin your pics. So i hope they will have on/off feature for that. About losing the ntrous when bumping traffic, maybe nitrous leaks when hitting your car. Just like in Juiced
The reason why you lose your NOS is because they deducted your Style Points... You have your ups and downs. If you gain Style Points, like Powersliding or Near Misses, you'll gain more NOS. If you lose your Style Points, like hitting traffics etc, deduction of NOS. Simple...
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

the movies are nice.... at first I could not play them... but he I keep trying... and it worked
landauEX
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by landauEX »

i downloaded the movies it's soo cool....

Return to “News”