Does anyone knows a way to get all unique upgrades on 1 car?

2004 Need for Speed Underground 2
Steel-Blade
Ricer
Ricer

Does anyone knows a way to get all unique upgrades on 1 car?

Post by Steel-Blade »

I am talking about performance updates. Dont care about visuals.

Also does anyone knows how many exactly unique performance upgrades there are and what you think is the best to choose from?
UrQuattro
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by UrQuattro »

Yes... The car you get your first upgrade for - stick with it all the way til the end... Kind of obvious. I did something like that with A3 - it has 2 unique upgrades (Engine and Suspension I think).
marshallpre1
Drift King
Drift King

Post by marshallpre1 »

i did i got all three in my supra :)
Steel-Blade
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Steel-Blade »

Yea thats obvious. But will the unique upgrades be there untill i get car i want or will the dissapear? It goes with out saying that i wont do any outruns untill i get the car i want.
RaWShadow
Ricer
Ricer

Post by RaWShadow »

They will dissapear once you complete that stage. I think the uniques depends on the car becus i got more horse power with turbo than the ecu with the 240sx but when i tried the mustang i got more horse power with the ecu than the turbo. The NOS unique is a must if your drag racing though.
Steel-Blade
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Steel-Blade »

So there is no way u can all uniques on a single a car? I am talking about cars that come late in the game.
AcidDog
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by AcidDog »

There is NO way you can ever end up with all uniques on cars you unlock after the last URL in stage 2. (Stage 1, you drive Rachel's car)

So unless you want a car from Stage 2 till the end, you got no chance...

But pound for pound, my 206 (0-60 in 2.8sec) is a far better car with all the uniques on it than a Mustang with lvl 3 parts on it... I think this limits the game... Not fair if you like certain cars...

:roll: :roll:
Dtox
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Dtox »

AcidDog - EA had to take part and mess things up again somewhere, so they did it there, oh and numerous other places :P I think they've run riot!.

At the moment, i've got all visuals on my 240sx and 2 of the performance upgrades (engine and turbo), not far enough in the game to get the next performance upgrade, i'm going to try and stick with the 240 to the end.
AcidDog
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by AcidDog »

240sx is supposed to be the most potent car in the game... who knows... I actually don't know why but I've always ended up with a 206 that's on rails... they maintain their speed very well through all the twisty stuff... The nice thing about the game now, is you can do a car for drag, one for drift etc... So maybe it's a good thing to spread out the Uniques.... who knows??? EA thinks so... :?:
Dtox
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Dtox »

Can't you tune your car for individual events though? And it saves that data for each event, so when you go to say drift, it loads your drift settings, drag, loads your drag settings and so forth. So why get cars for each race mode? ( I know that I saw EA say you can get a car for each mode but meh, any point?)
AcidDog
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by AcidDog »

hmm... I don't know about that... I think that if you tune your car for Circuit it will perform a certain way, and if you tune it for drift will perform another... I don't think it auto loads your various settings for the various modes... does anyone know for sure on this point...

Maybe I've been doing extra cars up for NOTHING!!!!!! :oops:

Return to “Underground 2”