nfsu problem, plz help!!

Ask and answer questions about Need for Speed Most Underground.
Be sure to search first!
Jetz
Ricer
Ricer

nfsu problem, plz help!!

Post by Jetz »

so whats the problem? i have updated and i have tryed everything!!! srry my bad english..

http://photo.jippii.fi/fi/image//data/p ... 24881.jpeg
Jetz
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Jetz »

Gussy
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Gussy »

lol...what kinda gfx-card u got?
Jetz
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Jetz »

ati radeon 9600 pro 64mt pci.
UrQuattro
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by UrQuattro »

I have 128mb Radeon 9500PRO - and letest drivers. NOthing like that pic! Do you have all the other stuff right (drivers and all?) Did you try reinstalling? We need a bit more info!
Jetz
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Jetz »

i have update all drivers and other stuff's and i have reinstalled game.
UrQuattro
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by UrQuattro »

hmmm...BIOS update? Format C and then install the game ? I know someone here some problem that disappeared after Formatting, may be one of the moderators... Well, it's a tough one. never saw anyting like it. geeeez, that EA is killing me!
Jetz
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Jetz »

i will not format my hd's couse i have 200gb stuff :) maby i have to buy it for ps2...
UrQuattro
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by UrQuattro »

I hear ya. I doubt myself I'd go as far as Formatting C just for a game (esp. when everything else works just fine). Sorry m8.
CustomZ02
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by CustomZ02 »

I know a friend that had that same problem. If you have motion blur turned on try turning it off and see if that works. If that doesn't then check your video card settings and try disabling the Antialiasing. If that don't work then I'll ask my buddy again he has the same card. So I know for sure you don't need to uninstall and reinstall and format and all that useless stuff, cause after doing all that its still not gonna work. Just give those ^^^^ a try and if they don't do you any good post a reply and I'll have my friend explain to me what he did to fix it. But I know for a fact that its the cards settings.
CustomZ02
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by CustomZ02 »

Ok I asked a few guys who had the same problem and they had 2 different solutions to this. Heres the first one.....
mipmap is a way of texturing that reduces sharp edges. It's basically a graphical way of showing a high and low res version of the same texture (according to Google anyway)

I think OpenGL also uses mipmap btw, not just Direct 3D.

I think the reason the text isn't showing up is that your graphics card is only showing the low res texture, hence we see the blocks.

You need to find some way to make it show the high res one too, otherwise it's "buy a new gfx card that does" time...

Obvious suggestions first off are make sure you have the newest gfx card drivers you can get. I tried this game on my spare PC running a Radeon 8500 LE (I think it is) which doesn't have particularly up to date drivers and also doesn't have a Direct 3D or OpenGL tab in the settings, but it displayed it perfectly, without any patches for the game - conclusion there is that patching things will NOT alter your mipmap level, you have to find some way to alter it yourself and if you can't you are stuffed.

Oh, and I found mine by right clicking on the desktop screen, selecting Properties, the Settings tab, and then clicking on the Advanced box at the bottom on the right. This opened up all the tabs like OpenGL, Direct3D etc etc. but my 8500 doesn't have all these and I wouldn't have known where to look if it hadn't worked.
And the other solution....
Im running a 8500LE and I had to download DIFFERENT brand new drivers and tweak my vid card.

And with that I have a Tweak Utility on my website. So if you can't find any of the tabs they are talking about then give this lil program a try. It works with both ATI and Nvidia Graphix cards. Here's a link to the program http://www.js-designs.net/tools.htm Let me know if you got it fixed.

Return to “Help & Support”