Not enough votes

Post everything you want the webmasters to know to make the site better.
Pelado
Drift King
Drift King

Not enough votes

Post by Pelado »

There´s 6800+ cars uploaded to the showroom, but only 1800+ on the best user rated car. So there´s about 5000 cars in the showroom with not enough votes.
This are probably good cars, but seems nobody search for it. Some cars of well known user has about 20 votes the first day of display.
In the showroom we have: featured car of the day, best user rated car, best guest rated car, best (car name) and worst car. I was thinking if something can be done with the not enough votes cars. Maybe create a feature like the ones above? Putting cars with 5 votes and higher ranking on top and so, and so...
Some good cars can be lost for a long time in the showroom.
This can be good to all users, specially to the less known. :wink:
jemc
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by jemc »

that's a sweet suggestion. it's really har to make it if you're not known. been there, done that.
^Sparco^
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by ^Sparco^ »

I dont get it :?
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Re: Not enough votes

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Pelado wrote:There´s 6800+ cars uploaded to the showroom, but only 1800+ on the best user rated car. So there´s about 5000 cars in the showroom with not enough votes.
This are probably good cars, but seems nobody search for it. Some cars of well known user has about 20 votes the first day of display.
In the showroom we have: featured car of the day, best user rated car, best guest rated car, best (car name) and worst car. I was thinking if something can be done with the not enough votes cars. Maybe create a feature like the ones above? Putting cars with 5 votes and higher ranking on top and so, and so...
Some good cars can be lost for a long time in the showroom.
This can be good to all users, specially to the less known. :wink:
Pelado, also consider those cars that have identical ratings. These will have an equal ranking as well and will seem to shrink the number of ranked cars.

Your ideas on unranked cars are interesting. Of course, the Car Of The Day feature is aimed mainly at bringing these 'unseen' cars to people's attention, and users can access a growing list of previously featured cars and the garages they belongs to.

The Newest Cars list too, is mostly filled with these cars and is always worth a look. And then there's the random car link, also intended to get unseen cars onto people's browsers. Did you have any more specific suggestions on how we can do more in this area? Ideas are always welcome. 8)
sayem
Ricer
Ricer

Post by sayem »

i fully agree with Pelado. there must be done something about the rating system.
Sometime there are really good cars. and maybe they gets onlt 4/5 votes and nobody comes and see themfurther. so if moderator nutralizes the amount of minimum votes that is needed to be in the list that could be the best one.

Because if the car is not worthy enough than automatically it'll get lower and will be lost in the ground. so i think in this way everybody can come to the screen and can have the offortunity to haev votes for their cars.
TTL
Stock
Stock

Post by TTL »

Im a new member to this site, and I've gotten about half of the comments that I expected to get from the thousands of members on this site! I have already entered the World Cup event and, am in the replica challenge as well. I am hoping to get more comments because of this but so far the results have been limited. So there has to be a way to rank the cars that get 5 votes or lower in the same way as ranking the higher ones, and when these cars start to get more votes they will get to challenge the higher voted ones. This may seem confusing but all you're doing is adding another level to the rankings. I have sent out PM's to several of the top rated members to hopefully get my rates high enough to be in the rankings but if this is the only way to get noticed, and voted for, I'm going to be without votes forever!
HezzGTS
Stock
Stock

Post by HezzGTS »

this "not enough votes"-thing is shiznit ... i want the old system back !!!
i´m one of these, who don´t get so much votes, so i want to see, which votes i got ... even if there are just 1 or 2 votes, i want to see them, and not "not enough votes" :evil: --> F**k that !! give us back the old voting-style!
Pelado
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Pelado »

^Sparco^ wrote:I dont get it :?
Can you be more specific?
GT3x24x7 wrote:Your ideas on unranked cars are interesting. Of course, the Car Of The Day feature is aimed mainly at bringing these 'unseen' cars to people's attention, and users can access a growing list of previously featured cars and the garages they belongs to.

The Newest Cars list too, is mostly filled with these cars and is always worth a look. And then there's the random car link, also intended to get unseen cars onto people's browsers. Did you have any more specific suggestions on how we can do more in this area? Ideas are always welcome. 8)
Of course the features that you say are good ideas, but is not enough IMO.Car of the day: very few cars compared to the 5000 unranked. Growing each day. Newest car list: what about car posted long time ago and already forgoten? Random picture: same to the first.
My idea? Same as posted in my first post. Create the unranked cars feature with cars with 5 votes higher ranking first. This list will move all the time and add a lot of cars each day to the ranked list. A lot of members will be happy to see his cars on the ranked list.
Thanks for listen to the members suggestions. I´ll like to hear also what the others moderators think about this. :wink:
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

we get your idea but as it is now how can we make a ranking for the cars with lower then 6 votes.. what is the minimum then?? 1 vote?? so if a car gets 1 time a 10 (wich alot do) we will have 4593 cars on the top spot?? or more votes like 3 or 4 or 5? then it would be unfair to the cars that have 2 or 1 vote(s)
we set up the 6 votes for a reason that not all cars with one 10 will hold the No1 spot (for like 2 seconds) and with 6 votes + you get a rather more stable rank!

I know it is hard for alot of members to have not enough votes to reach the ranking (new and old system was exactly the same BTW)

we setup the car of the day to get some extra attention to one good unknown car every day! if we increase that to show more cars a day the effect will be lost cause people loose interest if they are shown like 25 cars (unknown) a day.

Like I said it is really hard or even impossible to get all the cars shown.
the new car of the day is in our Opinion a good way to advertise quality unknow cars...

not much more we can do about that
Pelado
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Pelado »

TheStig wrote:we get your idea but as it is now how can we make a ranking for the cars with lower then 6 votes.. what is the minimum then?? 1 vote?? so if a car gets 1 time a 10 (wich alot do) we will have 4593 cars on the top spot?? or more votes like 3 or 4 or 5? then it would be unfair to the cars that have 2 or 1 vote(s)
we set up the 6 votes for a reason that not all cars with one 10 will hold the No1 spot (for like 2 seconds) and with 6 votes + you get a rather more stable rank!
I don´t know if I explain me well. This feature serve only to launch cars to best user rated car ranking. Putting first all 5 votes cars with best rated on top, then 4 votes cars same way, then 3, then 2, so and so. When you reach 6 votes, you have to go. This constantly will move and the other cars will be on top. This will not be a ranking. Only serve to launch cars to the other ranking. This not will be unfair to cars with 1 or 2 votes IMO. That was my idea an it can be a very good COMPLEMENT to all the others features in our site. I hope you understand my idea.
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

then we would have like 5 extra linked pictures... :roll:

I know it is a nice suggestion.. but I doubt it will be practical.

and ever noticed that I think 80% of the no shown cars are not really good (that is mildly spoken... :roll: )
blair
Ricer
Ricer

Post by blair »

TheStig wrote:then we would have like 5 extra linked pictures... :roll:
I don't think pictures are necessary, just a simple text box is enough (like the latest garages box). Example:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cars needing votes:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
user A's Toyota Celica GT-S, user B's Lexus iS300, user C's Mitsubishi 3000 GT,
user D's Mazda RX-8, user E's Peugeot 106
TTL
Stock
Stock

Post by TTL »

How about setting up a seperate ranking system for less-voted cars?

Like say you moved the original base voted system up to ten other than six, and then made and new system for cars with votes lower than ten?

....Then when the cars votes get high enough they advance to the second level!

Just a suggestion...cause that way the cars will get noticed for being first in the rankings and other people will want to vote for them. Then they will move up to the second level and be first in that ranking for a bit.

This is the way everybody votes...they see a car in the top spot and want to have their say about it....a picture is easier to find, other than going garage-garage voting for cars that arent even good!

Return to “Comments & Suggestions”