viewing and voting

Post everything you want the webmasters to know to make the site better.
nfsu2_mad22
Ricer
Ricer

viewing and voting

Post by nfsu2_mad22 »

I have looked at cars and there views. there views are higher than the votes alot higher. that means that people are just looking at a car not voting. i was thinking when you leave the page it should ask you for your vote lwith the properties of an error. that way it will show just what people really think .

this second bit is to help stop downvoting. per every person that votes it should show there votes and when you go i there garage you can see what car they voted for what they voted aswell. You look in there garage and see how many high or low votes they have if there very low then there a downvoting high well they might be voting for friends and a mixture is an honest voter.

sorry aboutspelling and stuff.
^Sparco^
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Re: viewing and voting

Post by ^Sparco^ »

nfsu2_mad22 wrote:I have looked at cars and there views...
OK...
nfsu2_mad22 wrote: ... there views are higher than the votes alot higher...
True
nfsu2_mad22 wrote:... that means that people are just looking at a car not voting.
False.

That is because each user has seen the car more than once. The author of the car is supposed to be the one with the major visits to his car page.

A solution would be to count only 1 view per user. Add a poll if you want to know the crew's opinion.
AngelSiN
Drift King
Drift King

Post by AngelSiN »

And, there are guests too. :)
nfsu2_mad22
Ricer
Ricer

o yea

Post by nfsu2_mad22 »

of course. but why would guests want to down vote a car? i know what you will say so i had another idea. guests are given a number. they always have the same number. my idea is to have the watever recognise the ip adress and give it its number. every time is sees the ip it gives it that number.

And what sparco said is true so why dont nfsunlimited change it to 1 view per person? thankx for pointing the obvious out.
wowirace
Professional
Professional

Post by wowirace »

yeah, but there's a flaw in that too...what if the same person goes on different computers (thus, different IP adresses)?

btw, the idea for the voting every time you see a car is good...the idea should be put into effect....

oh, and maybe a mod (a GRACIOUS mod) would maybe move this topic to the Comments&Suggestions Section?
ca$h
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by ca$h »

I dont like the idea of voting for a car everytime you view it. Some people look at a car thinking its a 10, then enlarge it to see stuff they dont like about it. Some people dont like to vote for something they dont like at all. Plus there would be alot of votes with no explanations leaving the car owner wondering what someones vote was and what they like and dislike about the car.
As far as guest rating goes I dont see the point of it. If someone wants to vote then they should register like eveyone else. Does anyone even pay attention to guest rating anyway? I sure dont.
wowirace
Professional
Professional

Post by wowirace »

well, i do pay attention sometimes, but the uer rating is my main focus because i dont even know the guests that are voting for me...

and i thank whatever mod has moved this topic...tell us who...you'll get praise in the kissing up section. :lol:
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

Should be either GT or Morty. They're very often seen here.
wowirace
Professional
Professional

Post by wowirace »

oh....i'll be sure to give them a proper kissing...lol. :lol:

Return to “Comments & Suggestions”