Music convertor - when?

Discuss editing Need for Speed Underground 2.
Recoil
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Recoil »

why the music has to be "in" the game, wouldnt it be easier to use some player on background :?:
Kid Cro
Banned

Re: Music

Post by Kid Cro »

:Recoil

wait so then we can play custom tracks in the game/!?!?!?!?
What did you men!
Last edited by Kid Cro on 06 Apr 2005, 20:53, edited 1 time in total.
Revin
Stock
Stock

Post by Revin »

The main reason it'd be useful to have the music -in- the game as opposed to an outside player has to do with the timing and rythm. Every time you leave an event to go to the world maps, a new track starts and runs straight-away, and that's a bit difficult to do if you're piping it through winamp or any other player.

Especially in NFSU1, it was really nice to have the music sync'ed with each race, kinda added an extra focus that I'm sure a lot of people can appreciate when dealing with driving with tunes. 8)

As far as the inability to copy the sdat.viv file is concerned, not sure where the problem lies, but when you get that error regarding 'Cyclic Redundacy Check', it usually means there's a problem either with the file itself where it's currently at and it can't read it properly to copy it, or there's a problem with the destination that you're trying to copy it to. My suggestion: See if you can copy that file straight off your game disc (dunno if it's compressed in some funky way there or not), or try reinstalling the game and copying the file then.

One final note: 'Custom tracks'... not sure if you mean courses or music tracks here, but if you mean custom road courses, then no, there isn't a method to create your own that I'm aware of. And if you mean custom music tracks, then no, there isn't a method to import those either... yet. The best that can be done in NFSU:2 so far, is to extract the music from the game to play outside of it. =/
Kid Cro
Banned

Yes!

Post by Kid Cro »

I agree with you! I need rythm on start race to push me on to the limit!
I hope that EA will create program that will allow us to import your own music into game!
jemc
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by jemc »

Recoil wrote:why the music has to be "in" the game, wouldnt it be easier to use some player on background :?:
i do that, too and it works perfect. :D
Kid Cro
Banned

When!

Post by Kid Cro »

I am doing the same thing but when music importer land on this site I will use him!

Return to “Editing”