NFSU1 and NFSMW

Ask and answer questions about Need for Speed Most Wanted.
Be sure to search first!
^Sparco^
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

NFSU1 and NFSMW

Post by ^Sparco^ »

I can't have installed both of them.

I had to uninstall NFSU1 before installing NFSMW, since each time I insert the NFSMW CD it said 'Play' instead of 'Install' Image

And now it happens the reverse thing: I have installed NFSMW and can't install NFSU1 since it says play instead of Install.

WTF?
master m
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by master m »

Isn't it possible to start the installation via "My computer" > "Setup.exe" on the disc :?:
Or is that just the same :D
vellu
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by vellu »

I had the same "problem" when I first got MW and had NFSU1 installed.

Solution, perhaps not a simple one though.

Before installing NFSMW open up regedit and find key HKLM\SOFTWARE\EA GAMES\Need for Speed Underground. Rename that to, for example, HKLM\SOFTWARE\EA GAMES\TEMP Need for Speed Underground.

NOW install MW, it won't misdetect itself (reason being, most likely, both games have speed.exe as the main program file). When done installing MW, rename the NFSU1 key back to its original state and you're done. Both games will work as they should.
ApAtHy
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by ApAtHy »

i find that going into ur temp folder (drive):\Documents and Settings\(user)\Local Settings\Temp
And deleting anything with the name 'autorun' helps.
Stereo
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Stereo »

I didn't get that problem. :P (I had NFSU1 installed) (I have Black Editon)
ApAtHy
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by ApAtHy »

it only happened to me when i installed mw wheni already had nfsu2 installed. but it didnt so play when it shouldve said install. the pictures on the installer where just messed up.
vellu
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by vellu »

Bit worse with NFSU1, when clicked play on the MW install screen (which should've said install) NFSU1 started up (naturally then stopping and asking for the right disk).
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

yes NO problem with me, i have both games installed and they run normally.
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

It's not about the game. It's about the installation part... The PC reads NFSMW disc as NFSU1 disc if UG1 is installed.
Ceano
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Ceano »

I had no problem with UG2 and NFSMW, did get an extra 20000 to my career for having the UG2 game installed :D

But this is maybe only a problem with UG1 and NFSMW.
arabnight
Drift King
Drift King

Post by arabnight »

vellu wrote:I had the same "problem" when I first got MW and had NFSU1 installed.

Solution, perhaps not a simple one though.

Before installing NFSMW open up regedit and find key HKLM\SOFTWARE\EA GAMES\Need for Speed Underground. Rename that to, for example, HKLM\SOFTWARE\EA GAMES\TEMP Need for Speed Underground.

NOW install MW, it won't misdetect itself (reason being, most likely, both games have speed.exe as the main program file). When done installing MW, rename the NFSU1 key back to its original state and you're done. Both games will work as they should.
yah me tried that and it still didnt work..>.> hkey_local_machine/wow6432(i have 64bit windows)/software/ea/nfsu..i changed it to TEMP Need for Speed Underground
and it still not work..do u need to restart to get it to work...cause i know the reg dosnt always need to restart to work
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

arabnight just rename the program folder for the installed game.

If you have MW installed, rename the folder C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Need for Speed Most Wanted to C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Need for Speed Most Wanted RENAMED

Now install your U1 normally and once that's done, rename the Most Wanted folder back the way it was.
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Re: NFSU1 and NFSMW

Post by Fishwhiz »

^Sparco^ wrote:I can't have installed both of them.

I had to uninstall NFSU1 before installing NFSMW, since each time I insert the NFSMW CD it said 'Play' instead of 'Install' Image

And now it happens the reverse thing: I have installed NFSMW and can't install NFSU1 since it says play instead of Install.

WTF?
then what happens when you press "play" for ug1? why waste time instaling a game ready to play... and if it doesnt work theres a problem
H3ll$pawn
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by H3ll$pawn »

simple, rename the .exe for NFSU from speed.exe to something else .exe
Then, Install MW

Return to “Help & Support”