(Carbon) Extend Vinyl Limit???

Discuss editing Need for Speed Carbon.
Jaster_Mereel
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

(Carbon) Extend Vinyl Limit???

Post by Jaster_Mereel »

I was just wondering if there is a way to extend the number of vinyls you can stick on a car (20 just isn't enough :lol: ). It doesn't even have to be online usable or anything like that, just so I can add more vinyls...
spectre01
Drift King
Drift King

Post by spectre01 »

sorry, in your savegame, there are only 20 vinyl slots for each car. no1 can do anything about that.
corvyz6
Drift King
Drift King

Post by corvyz6 »

are u kiding me?? 20 slots are not enough for u??? wth are u doin to the poor car :D ??? man i barely use 10 slots and i keep my rides looking preety good imo
Jaster_Mereel
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Jaster_Mereel »

Thanks for the answer. As for what I am doing to the "poor car", you can take a look here: The Poor Car
spectre01
Drift King
Drift King

Post by spectre01 »

you should see what i done to a Z06. that was fun. i was running out of space with only "half" of the car done. Although i managed to delete some of the details in order to finish the work, but still, it's not 100% accuracy...

http://www.nfsunlimited.net/showroom/entry/17191
Driv2Slow
Professional
Professional

Post by Driv2Slow »

you should see what i done to a Z06. that was fun. i was running out of space with only "half" of the car done. Although i managed to delete some of the details in order to finish the work, but still, it's not 100% accuracy...

http://www.nfsunlimited.net/showroom/entry/17191
looks like 4 or 5 layers^^
Driv2Slow
Wladylwk
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Wladylwk »

20 might be enough ! EA wanted to make a good tuning game ... and the cars that get out from our hands not to be riced ... ( even wit 4 layers cars can get riced ). Today i made a car wit maximum .. 20 layers i put them all good toghether but it looked pretty overloaded .. so 20 are enough IMO
HAMANN
Ricer
Ricer

Post by HAMANN »

20 vinyls is too little for me and for many others, because i cant create "own" vinyls with shapes (such vinyls take very many slots) and aftermartkets/logos/etc. I cant even place doubled aftermarkets on the other car side - for ex. 5+5=10 - too high price in making car looking perfect from any view :(
So is it just possible to crack that system with hex editing?
Finalmaster2

Post by Finalmaster2 »

Even if it would be crackable via hex-editing, it might not show to others on online. For example, we have putted 21 layers and the last one is Tribal body 1. I don't believe, that other users are going to see layer 21, instead of that, they would see layer 20.
HAMANN
Ricer
Ricer

Post by HAMANN »

Finalmaster2 wrote:Even if it would be crackable via hex-editing, it might not show to others on online. For example, we have putted 21 layers and the last one is Tribal body 1. I don't believe, that other users are going to see layer 21, instead of that, they would see layer 20.
online doesnt matter for me, i just want such a hack for personal use - to make quality vinyl style without worrying about its limit
spectre01
Drift King
Drift King

Post by spectre01 »

HAMANN wrote:
Finalmaster2 wrote:Even if it would be crackable via hex-editing, it might not show to others on online. For example, we have putted 21 layers and the last one is Tribal body 1. I don't believe, that other users are going to see layer 21, instead of that, they would see layer 20.
online doesnt matter for me, i just want such a hack for personal use - to make quality vinyl style without worrying about its limit
or just wait a little longer for someone makes a exporter for vinyl.bin, then the fun begins.
Finalmaster2

Post by Finalmaster2 »

Well "the fun". I hate creating vinyls atm. I finally made new vinyl for MW for long time and I screwed it up. Besides, isn't Carbons vinyls enough? Geesh...
cparty
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by cparty »

The savegame offers 700 slots for vinyls, so if the game doesn't check the number of vinyls you currently have on a car you should be able to chain a large number using a hex editor.
HAMANN
Ricer
Ricer

Post by HAMANN »

how and where did u know about 700 "slots"?
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

He knows the intricacies of the savegame format used by EA. He helped cracked the Most Wanted savegame format, and Carbon is very similar.
HAMANN
Ricer
Ricer

Post by HAMANN »

yay! But how can the game write about 20 vinyl limit, if it doesnt check numbers of current vinyls?

Return to “Editing”