VA Tech Shooting

Serious discussions on matters not covered by other boards. The un-serious type of users should refer to the Can of Spam.
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

VA Tech Shooting

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

Worst school shooting in US history, leaving at least 22 dead and 29 injured.

Developing Story
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Skyline_man »

Yeah, saw that earlier at GTA Forums, people are blaming GTA as always for this. :roll:
Tuners Rock
New Age Fanboi
New Age Fanboi

Post by Tuners Rock »

yeah, i heard about that everywhere, CNN, the news, and even other nfs fan sites

its very sad
evilmegamonkey
Professional
Professional
Location: If this post is recent, probably in front of a computer/I heard this thing will cut you off from typ

Post by evilmegamonkey »

Jack Thompson should be shot for using this tragedy in his crusade against video games and to push his own agenda.
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

stupid kids.... :roll:
imprt_tunrz
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by imprt_tunrz »

such sad news...RIP
what a way to start off the week...
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

I heard about this from one of my teachers at school. Death count then was at 22. It's now at 33, with more infured. It's really sad day.

Can you believe that Jack Thompson came on the news not 30 minutes after the second shooting spree, blaming video games for it? No one knows who the gunman was, or what his motives were, that information hasn't been released yet. What a retarded bumbumhead...
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

they said the gunman "was a asian with a black hoodie"
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

why, stupid people, why must they do that?
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

Dunno, why are you asking the stupid people?
evilmegamonkey
Professional
Professional
Location: If this post is recent, probably in front of a computer/I heard this thing will cut you off from typ

Post by evilmegamonkey »

What if we found out he was a user on this site? O_o

I thought about something like this after my friend told me about some murderer that had a myspace.
weedman173
Professional
Professional

Post by weedman173 »

On Topic: From what I heard, there were 50 victims, out of that 50, 32 died.

evilmegamonkey wrote: I thought about something like this after my friend told me about some murderer that had a myspace.
Off-topic: No surprise there evilmegamonkey, myspace is full of pedophiles and murderers.
Tyrant
Professional
Professional

Post by Tyrant »

The reason was his girlfriend, not games!

But probably he played occasionally games, so gaming would be blamed for it....

Anyway, I think legally having guns should be discussed there, it's a shame someone can do this.
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

well, the shooter cant be on this site, or at least not any more, because he died with the other 30 victims.
evilmegamonkey
Professional
Professional

Post by evilmegamonkey »

I mean if he WAS a user
krazyammo
Professional
Professional

Post by krazyammo »

yea heard jack thompson blaming video games....it was a really sad day....becuz of that, most schools are going to step up their security and your obligated to report to an officer or teacher for anything suspisous(spelling). the UW is stepping up thier security big time since there was a shooting 2 wks before, now making secutiry and police vehcile/personal visible.
and a link(sorry if it's king5)

King 5 news seattle VT shooting perspective
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

Tyrant wrote:Anyway, I think legally having guns should be discussed there, it's a shame someone can do this.
I agree, it's a shame someone can get a gun and do something like this. But I'm not against people being able to legally own guns. For some people, it's a necessity, something of a security blanket. I have no clue what can be done to help prevent something like this in the future, but I don't think making owning guns illegal is the solution. Perhaps more stringent laws on buying guns?
Pabl0z
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Pabl0z »

Sure people can own guns but it's just gotten ridiculous in the U.S..
People buying mac-10s and such for hunting? Yeah right...
Guns like that should not be sold anywhere and the whole variety of weapons should be smaller.
Pistols for protection, rifles for hunting.
One per person and more strict requirements for purchasing one.
lol wut
weedman173
Professional
Professional

Post by weedman173 »

He bought a 9mm Glock on March 13 and on February 9th he bought a Walther P-22 at a pawn shop. The dealer that sold the 9mm to him knew he was a college student, but she couldn't refuse selling it because it wasn't illegal and she didn't think it was suspicious.

Here's a 2-page article on MSNBC describing the gunman:
MSNBC Article
T-Shine
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by T-Shine »

Pabl0z wrote:Sure people can own guns but it's just gotten ridiculous in the U.S..
Touché.
And still, this about people buying them for security reasons - no wonder, when the rest of the neighbourhood feels a need to carry guns, too. Self-perpetuating madness, that is what it is.
75% of all homicides in USA involves guns - if that is not a terribly big sign telling something is terribly wrong with the weapon statutes, then I do not know what it is.
VA is not even that bad compared to many other states. I was, however, comparing the homicide rate of VA to that of Denmark (which is less than 30 a year). If Denmark was to be relatively matching, there would have to be further 330 killings here! I dare not look at a comparison to for instance Arizona... :roll:

So, guns? - are crap (: My two cents.
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

T-Shine wrote:
Pabl0z wrote:Sure people can own guns but it's just gotten ridiculous in the U.S..
Touché.
And still, this about people buying them for security reasons - no wonder, when the rest of the neighbourhood feels a need to carry guns, too. Self-perpetuating madness, that is what it is.
75% of all homicides in USA involves guns - if that is not a terribly big sign telling something is terribly wrong with the weapon statutes, then I do not know what it is.
VA is not even that bad compared to many other states. I was, however, comparing the homicide rate of VA to that of Denmark (which is less than 30 a year). If Denmark was to be relatively matching, there would have to be further 330 killings here! I dare not look at a comparison to for instance Arizona... :roll:

So, guns? - are crap (: My two cents.
they're completely safe in the shooting range. ive shot a variety of handheld guns in this self-defence place.
boganbusman
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by boganbusman »

Fishwhiz wrote:they're completely safe in the shooting range.
A gun is never completely safe until it's been melted down (and recycled into something more useful).

And on a side-note, Jack Thompson is an absolute knucklehead ](*,) #-o
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

if you know how to use one, and you have been using one for a few months, unless the gun fails like the safety then they are safe. guns dont kill people. people misusing the gun can kill someone, like this guy who broke into virginia tech.
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

Yup, guns sure are safe! :D After all, all you have to do is flip a switch that can just as easily be flipped back to prevent someone from accidentally shooting it at themselves or anyone else.
PSZeTa
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by PSZeTa »

Fishwhiz wrote:if you know how to use one, and you have been using one for a few months, unless the gun fails like the safety then they are safe. guns dont kill people. people misusing the gun can kill someone, like this guy who broke into virginia tech.
And how many people misuse guns in the US? Stupid kids that want to be trendy and such because they're pretty much getting hypnotized by their leet friends can just walk out the door and buy a gun.

Having a weapon to ''defend'' yourself will only endanger the rest.

Return to “General Discussion”