New Preview at CVG

Need for Speed ProStreet News (visible on NFSUnlimited.net)
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

New Preview at CVG

Post by Skyline_man »

The online magazine CVG posted a preview for NFS Pro Street, here are some interesting quotes:
And so we have Pro Street. "Real street racing," as Doyle puts it, which gives the impression he thinks previous Need For Speed games were big fat fakes. In a sense they were - all blurred neon trails and danger-free speeding, with a heavy emphasis on bling. Not any more. Now we have 'grown-up' street racing, where any alterations you make are purely intended to get your car to thunder across the tarmac faster, not to boost some cheesy respect-o-meter. There's no call for talking the talk, you've just got to walk the walk - by slamming the pedal to the metal and hanging on to the steering wheel for dear life.
Of course, grabbing the controls like a maniac and driving off thinking that the game would handle just like Need For Speed Carbon doesn't help matters.
We collar Doyle again, asking if he wants to take on Gran Turismo. He grins. "You'll have to wait and see," he says.
Read the whole preview here.
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

Nice preview...
Speed racing sounds like "Free Roam feeling" but you are going to be in a small are it seems, with multiple paths to follow IMO...
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

It plainly doesn't handle anything like Carbon does - though we're told that it will be a much simpler beast with all those aids on. Pro Street handles more realistically.
YES!
Pro Street doesn't seem to be a great leap forward in terms of raw speed. It is fast, don't get us wrong, but it's not the next-gen step up seen with the visuals and gameplay features. A definite step up is the impressive damage system, which allows you to smash the hell out of shiny cars from 26 different big-name manufacturers - the biggest line-up of car makers yet.
Good. Means EA is not focusing on the graphics engine, but rather the actual game play engine.

Nice find, Skyline_man
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

i think i actually found it first, but didn't bother to post it.
EuroCable
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by EuroCable »

Hmmmmm Nice...
taz947
Professional
Professional

Post by taz947 »

STOP spamming,man...

Ontopic...nice found,Skyline_man.
But,EA said this things about Carbon last year,and we thought that it”ll be a good game,but it wasn”t.I think EA will do the same thing with ProStreet.
Carcrazy
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Carcrazy »

Most likely, but to soon to tell. I will probably not ever get my hopes up for any NFS game... :?
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

taz947 wrote:STOP spamming,man...

But,EA said this things about Carbon last year,and we thought that it”ll be a good game,but it wasn”t.I think EA will do the same thing with ProStreet.
actually, a lot of us didn't, for carbon. but then look here at prostreet. ea tells us it will be more sim-like, have more cars, and have damage, with less rice. and this is what we wanted all along. think about it. besides the bugs for all the people on the pc, this is turning out pretty awesome.
ahmad0410
Professional
Professional

Post by ahmad0410 »

yep. still remember alot of us aint happy with the night scene in nfs carbon even before its release.
taz947
Professional
Professional

Post by taz947 »

yea...just hope that PS will be not a good game,a very good game.EA needs to make a good game to win back their true buyers.
EuroCable
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by EuroCable »

taz947 wrote:STOP spamming,man...

Where u see spam ?!?! Shut the f*ck up man! **** ***** !!!
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Skyline_man »

EuroCable wrote:Where u see spam ?!?! Shut the f*ck up man! **** ***** !!!
Actually, you are the one who needs to STFU.
You are spamming the whole board with your stupid off-topic posts and juvenile actions, and btw you've been getting some warning points lately by several mods, so let me tell you that you are so close to being banned.

Now think before you post. :roll:
EuroCable
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by EuroCable »

Oh TAHNX FOR POINTS ! I love it :D I heave 4 I think
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

EuroCable wrote:Where u see spam ?!?! Shut the f*ck up man! **** ***** !!!
OFFTOPIC..for last time with you:
I suppose ur a civilizated human being because of the kind of PM you sent me about black girls in which case seems you didn't have history class in your "civilizated" school, you will know that in my country we don't have black girls or any jungle environment. Stupid racist..I hope you get banned from here, go and insult in another forum...that only demonstrates how moron and stupid you can be, and why the heck you send me PM's? (A mod has that PM in his record, no doubt in that)

ONTOPIC:
Cool...we only need more a gameplay vid of Pro Street to see if all that what the developers says is true. Also, compare eny interview with this, I feel they almost say the same in each interview, even the same words :lol:
Last edited by xturbo on 09 Jul 2007, 21:27, edited 1 time in total.
m2
Ricer
Ricer

Post by m2 »

Nice job Skyline_man, this is just what i need to know about NFS PS.....I just hope that NFS PS don't have any problems running it like Carbon...looking forward for Pro Street
It is easier to wage war with wise enemies than be at peace with foolish friends...
Carcrazy
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Carcrazy »

I think that since EA got a running start by starting VERY early (remember those Pro Street rumors) there should be considerably less bugs in this game... at least I hope so because this will be the first NFS I bought for my PC before I buy the PS2 version. :?
BrontoX
Professional
Professional

Post by BrontoX »

Nice, now i am starting to think this will be the best NFS ever.
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

BrontoX wrote:Nice, now i am starting to think this will be the best NFS ever.
My advice: Don't rush...same happened with carbon :wink:
:lol:
BrontoX
Professional
Professional

Post by BrontoX »

True, but i am being optimistic about it.
Porsche-AG
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Porsche-AG »

The fact that a BMW M3 will be in the game is enough. At least they've gotten their cars right. I think that if things turn out the way they SAY it will, they might actually be sacrificing a small portion of profits to get back real NFS fans like us, which is quite surprising. Unless of course they make commercials that are so out of this world that normal people won't be able to resist it.
m2
Ricer
Ricer

Post by m2 »

Porsche-AG wrote:The fact that a BMW M3 will be in the game is enough. At least they've gotten their cars right. I think that if things turn out the way they SAY it will, they might actually be sacrificing a small portion of profits to get back real NFS fans like us, which is quite surprising. Unless of course they make commercials that are so out of this world that normal people won't be able to resist it.
Does this mean that there is going to be a BMW M3 GTR on NFS PS too?
It is easier to wage war with wise enemies than be at peace with foolish friends...
BrontoX
Professional
Professional

Post by BrontoX »

I don't think so.
m2
Ricer
Ricer

Re: New Preview at CVG

Post by m2 »

this new theme of the forum looks much better
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

You know what suprises me?
The fact that EA is telling people their previous NFS games (U1 and up) are childish and bling bling games that have nothing to do with racing, it's suprising I never seen a company telling their games basicly sucked.

I'm still at neutral cause I will only believe it when I see it.
I really want this all to be true, a good racing game with nice cars on great tracks.
m2
Ricer
Ricer

Post by m2 »

EA actually said that?
Then this game is definitely going to be the best of among all the others, but IMO....the best game atm in tuning a car is UG2, i mean u can tune almost everything, the headlighs,taillights, hydraulics, and even how the way doors open in your car....

Return to “News”