Need for Speed Undercover Exclusive Preview

Need for Speed Undercover News (visible on NFSUnlimited.net)
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Need for Speed Undercover Exclusive Preview

Post by Bojan »

http://www.nfsunlimited.eu/media/flvplayer.swf[/embed]

Two weeks ago I was attending a Need for Speed Undercover community day at EA Blackbox in Vancouver, Canada. I found out a lot about the game (not everything I wanted unfortunatly) and also got a bit of gameplay.

There is a detailed preview available here but if you're too lazy to read it, here are the quick facts:

* open world with free roam
* cops
* damage (visual)
* day only driving
* action driving model
* circuit, sprint, canyon, highway battle gaming modes (no drag and drift)
* big hollywood-like story
* visual customization with Autosculpt and separate bumpers and side skirts
* performance tuning
* NOS, speedbreaker

Read the whole preview

There's also an updated screenshots section,concept art gallery, behind the scenes gallery, box art gallery and a few wallpapers.

You can also check out the updated official website.
Evil Kid Weaselmush
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Re: Need for Speed Undercover Exclusive Preview

Post by Evil Kid Weaselmush »

:D
Kimba
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Kimba »

Woow. Looks like the Porsche 911 GT2 is the "main" car of the game (finally :D)
I can't wait to see more details.
Hope there will be very good soundtrack, a decent carlist with Carrera GT, my cars section and damage like GRID :D :D
FnF
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by FnF »

Bojan wrote:the quick facts:

* open world with free roam
* cops
* damage (visual)
* day only driving
* action driving model
* circuit, sprint, canyon, highway battle gaming modes (no drag and drift)
* big hollywood-like story
* visual customization with Autosculpt and separate bumpers and side skirts
* performance tuning
* NOS, speedbreaker
Sounds good :D
And that red/black GT2 looks mean :twisted:
vegettoxp
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by vegettoxp »

Hello there Guys, Once again I am getting really happy about Need For Speed Title and it looks like all my wishes on this game are gona come true. O man I can't wait to get my hands on this game. I am even gona buy new XBOX 360 pretty soon, so I can enjoy it on XBOX Live and On my PC.

NEED FOR SPEED: UNDERCOVER is gona be off the HOOK!

Guys, I hope you don't mind, but is it possible for you post the link to this video, so I can download it to my PSP?

Fusion
2fast4all
Drift King
Drift King

Post by 2fast4all »

this game looks pretty good :D
NoXcious KiD
Ricer
Ricer

Post by NoXcious KiD »

awww c'mon man.....no drifts??????? [-X :cry: :cry: :cry: ...........guess i'll stick to u2 and pro street :| :x
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

NoXcious KiD wrote:awww c'mon man.....no drifts??????? [-X :cry: :cry: :cry: ...........guess i'll stick to u2 and pro street :| :x
Or you can play NFS Undercover and GRID for drifts....... :roll:
ROISMOKE
Ricer
Ricer

Post by ROISMOKE »

Aaaa man ... no drags ? no drifts ? not happy about this and about the individual bumpers and side skirts I'm a lil bit worried because I think they will put again just 3 bumpers for each car. The gfx looks damn real, I just wanna see how the game engine works. I just hope that they don't disappoint us again !
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

vegettoxp wrote:Guys, I hope you don't mind, but is it possible for you post the link to this video, so I can download it to my PSP?

Fusion
720p mp4: http://www.nfsunlimited.eu/files/underc ... 80x720.mp4
quicktime mov: http://www.nfsunlimited.eu/files/underc ... 20x180.mov
NoXcious KiD
Ricer
Ricer

Post by NoXcious KiD »

xturbo wrote:
NoXcious KiD wrote:awww c'mon man.....no drifts??????? [-X :cry: :cry: :cry: ...........guess i'll stick to u2 and pro street :| :x
Or you can play NFS Undercover and GRID for drifts....... :roll:
true...but i still need a new system....think grid will run on an athlon 1700+ 1.4 GHZ processor ? :lol: :lol:
NoXcious KiD
Ricer
Ricer

Post by NoXcious KiD »

ROISMOKE wrote:Aaaa man ... no drags ? no drifts ? not happy about this and about the individual bumpers and side skirts I'm a lil bit worried because I think they will put again just 3 bumpers for each car. The gfx looks damn real, I just wanna see how the game engine works. I just hope that they don't disappoint us again !

yeah me too........though it does seem promising [-o<
elie8
Drift King
Drift King

Post by elie8 »

Hey guys, a perfect game never exists !! there's got to be things that will be removed for the profit of other things... :) . Don't be pescimists !! so far it's a great game :twisted: . we just need to know more info... i feel that it's going to be like NFS old days hehe !! woooooooo !! :mrgreen:
Last edited by elie8 on 20 Aug 2008, 14:31, edited 1 time in total.
What Comes Around, Goes Around ...
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

What does it mean when you say the damage will be visual only? does that only mean scratches and a cracked winshield or will there actually be crumplage but it won't affect performance?
kostis1993
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by kostis1993 »

Oh, finally... I was a bit dissapointed about drift and drag but as far as it will be easy to drift while in free roam, I'll get over it. And highway battle will be probably something like most wanted's drag, so OK... Kimba, if you want soundtrack go here--
http://undercovereatrax.blogspot.com/ :D :D
race_invader
Professional
Professional

Post by race_invader »

Bojan wrote:* action driving model

About goddamn TIME!!

Okay, like i said in a post in a different thread they have to wow me.. Well good news! they just did. :P
ChZ^^
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by ChZ^^ »

Looking forward to smash cops with a evo x :twisted: And im a bit worried about the drag & drift thing too. But i can see the logic by only visual dmg. If it wasent only visuel dmg, then after crashed 1 time with a police car the car wont work anymore. THATS NOT FUN imo =P
Death Must Be Easy Because Life Is Hard?
Sursion
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Sursion »

I've never really liked drift but no drag? Come on, if you go out on the street irl drag is the only thing people are doing. I hope highway battle mode is drags equivalent.
TRANSFORMER
Stock
Stock

Post by TRANSFORMER »

"There are Three Good Reasons 2 BUY the NEW NFS "UNDERCOVER"...:

"An Open World (Free Roam), Cops (Hot Pursuits) & Amazing Story (Most Wanted)!" :wink:

"The Beginning started with NFS "Hot Pursuit", last came NFS "Most Wanted", now You see NFS "Undercover"!" 8)

"I'm looking forward to the New Police Cop Cars Mustangs & Nissans => their new aggressive Strategy & Tactic!" :D

PS: "Probably this is going to be the Best EA's Game Production with a Hollywood Story & Interacts (Characters)!" :o

"I have already red the german preview & now I'm more than impressed of the Story & Cop Chases... => Impressed!"

MFG' LMS' MYF' ARTNFS alias TRANSFORMER (TF1')
Last edited by TRANSFORMER on 20 Aug 2008, 22:12, edited 5 times in total.
vegettoxp
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by vegettoxp »

Hey Guys, somebody need to slap me on the head to keep me from getting really happy about Need For Speed Undercover. Man I have been watching every video and I am getting really Excited about this game. The feel that I am getting for this game are off the chart. Carbon and Pro were really bad. And you don't hear a lot of guys saying they are gona buy a new gaming system for just one game, but in my case that is true. I am gona be getting a new XBOX 360 once the price drops on Sep 07, 2008 (I hope). I am gona buy both PC and XBOX 360 Games.

I believe in my opinion, this game is gona give me everything I need to have fun playing. Drifting and Drag would have been cool too, but if they are not there, I don't really mind.

NOW THE COUNT-DOWN BEGINGS - NEED FOR SPEED: UNDERCOVER (YA BABY)! =D> :D

P.S. Fusion :mrgreen:
TRANSFORMER
Stock
Stock

Post by TRANSFORMER »

@Bojan & NFSUnlimited Members! :o

"I want to know if there, in NFS Undercover, would be a Replay-Mode or something like that :?: " :?

Thank You in Advance 4 Help! :wink:

MFG' LMS' MYF' ARTNFS' alias TRANSFORMER (TF1)'
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

Game graphics look amazing, too amazing in fact. I'll bet those screenshots are from a console version, and when the game gets ported to the PC and other consoles, it'll lose some of the graphical wonders.

Still, sounds like an amazing game, but the pessimist in me questions how much of this is EA's exaggeration. Sure, we get separate body parts and more paint options. But do we still get 3 crappy parts per car, and a good paint system in lieu of a good vinyl/decal customization system? Sure, performance tuning is back. But how deep exactly does that tuning go? I mean, ProStreet had some basic performance tuning. It wasn't as good as Underground 2's, but it was still there. Is that what we can expect from Undercover, or will it be deeper? And the visual damage, will it be scratches like in Most Wanted and Carbon, or will a damage model be involved like in ProStreet?

Too many unanswered questions for me to say I like NFS Undercover. But there are a few promising things - namely the cops. New cop cars + better tactics sounds like fun. Add on the arcade-like action driving model, I might actually have a blast driving through roadblocks. And I definitely like the apparent size of the open world (although I'll reserve judgment until I see for myself exactly how big that world is).

Something I noticed from the screenshots, which maybe Bojan will be able to confirm. There appear to be weather effects such as rain and water on the roads. Did that make it into the production version of the game, or was it just in the concept pictures?
Last edited by prince1142003 on 21 Aug 2008, 16:33, edited 1 time in total.
Kimba
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Kimba »

OMG I looked again at the racing modes Bojan wrote and there is no speedtrap !!! WTH??
Rizur
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Rizur »

Maybe the highway battle is sort of a speedtrap... Or its just like speed challenge in ProStreet. Or it could be same sort of a drag style thing as MW has... but I dont think so.
And im thinking how is the canyon races will bve like... Same like in Carbon? Gain score how close/far you are from your opponent?
Like Prince1142003 said, still too many questions with no answers :roll:
[S]izzLe
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by [S]izzLe »

so far i want damage. . anyway the map is the bestest i seedn fro nfs so far. great work . i see that i will be crusing down at 100mph. with my 911 :D
visuals i hope wouldn't be bs. like pro street ,carbon and mw.
*sig deleted for being too big. limits are 550x120px & 50kb*

Return to “News”