SHIFT long term support

2009 Need for Speed SHIFT
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

SHIFT long term support

Post by Bojan »

SHIFT is out and it's gonna be a relatively long time to the next game in the series. I've heard plenty of rumours that SHIFT is getting better post release support with additional content. And here's the thing I'd like to know: what would you like to get extra in SHIFT?

I'm pretty sure everybody wants more cars, tracks, gamemodes, whatever... Which is the one thing you'd like above all? How would the list look like sorted by priority?
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Re: SHIFT long term support

Post by Bojan »

To answer my question first.

Right now what I'd like the most is more tracks. And tracks like Ambush Canyon which I think is actually one of the best in game. We've got lots of real world tracks, let's have some scenic tracks with a few good corners. Maybe even staged tracks!

Otherwise the carlist is missing quite a few cars: new Impreza, Ascari A10, Holden VXR8, Honda NSX, Mercedes CLK-GTR, Toyota Supra, maybe something in the same class as the old Skyline 2000... New game modes would be fine too, I'll have to think a bit to name a few though...

Will add more stuff when I think of it. But now it's back to the game :)

Edit: added Supra (how could I forget that...)
zedex
Drift King
Drift King

Post by zedex »

Hmm... good question... what would I want more...

for starters, upgrade the customization feature, even the ones like in Undercover would be great.

the manufacturer decal size should be permitted to be supersized... they're just WAYYY too small... and the ability to change colours? at least change between white/black?!? most of the time i'm forced to use white/silver base paint just because you can't see anything with black...

now for DLC content... definitely more cars... which ones? hmmm... like the ones bojan mentioned, while there could be some others... just looking at the GRID car list, they could add in quite a few GT1/GT2 cars, porsche 911 TURBO... *why was it even missing?!?* A TOYOTA SUPRA!!! and obviously ferraris... but i'm doubting it... liscencing issues and all...

a Mountain Touge track would be interesting as well, like the one in GRID... always found them fun as well as a Touge event... could even recycle tracks from carbon lol... it'll be so much funner with the SHIFT physics

A few more Formula 1 tracks would be nice as well... like Albert Park, Gilles-Villeneuve, or even the Monaco GP's Monte-Carlo circuit...
Summ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Summ »

Additional features... I'd rather they spent their time fixing the AI, physics and driver profile.
- I don't want the crappy rubbernband!!! Give me actual drivers, rather than broken mechanics!
- I don't want the AI to AIM for me and drive like a freaking lunatic.
- I don't want to get aggression points for the AI hitting ME.
- I don't want to see more cars flipping whenever I touch them.

Additional cars I'd like:
- Gumpert Apollo!
- Ferrari F430.

Additional tracks:
- Barcelona
- Anderstorp
- Monza
- Imola

All of the above is listed in a priority scale, where the top is my greatest priority.
arabnight
Drift King
Drift King

Post by arabnight »

Summ wrote:Additional features... I'd rather they spent their time fixing the AI, physics and driver profile.
- I don't want the crappy rubbernband!!! Give me actual drivers, rather than broken mechanics!

- Gumpert Apollo!
- Ferrari F430.

Additional tracks:
- Barcelona
- Anderstorp
- Monza
- Imola

All of the above is listed in a priority scale, where the top is my greatest priority.
Very good choices i would love to see a F40 but (sighs at Ferrari)...losers. Since they had a skyline 2000 i would like to see some older cars from lambo or porsche that mixed with its same time gen
vZv
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by vZv »

What would I like to get extra ? Hmm...

1. More cars like - Toyota Supra, Toyota Celica, new Subaru Impresa (only sedan), Maserati GranTurismo S (2009), Bentley Continental GT Supersports, Honda NSX Type R, Honda Accord Coupe (2009) Acura RSX (2005), Acura Integra Type R, Mercedes-Benz SL65 AMG Black Edition (2009), BMW M6, BMW M5, BMW M1 (1970), Nissan Skyline R-33 Spec-V, Audi S4 (2009), Audi S5, Audi TT-RS, Mazda 6 (2009), Mazda 3 (2009), Lamborghini Diablo, Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX (1999), Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI, Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 (2009), Porsche 911 Turbo S (996), Volkswagen Passat CC, Volkswagen Golf GTI Mk6, Dodge Charger SRT-8 Super-Bee (2009), Lexus IS-F Evolution, Aston Martin One-77, Vauxhall Monaro VXR, Holden HSV W427, Volvo C30 (2010), Volvo S60 Concept (2009), Volvo C70 (2010), Peugeot 407 Coupe (2008), Peugeot 607, Citroen C4 Coupe, Citroen C5 (2008), Alfa Romeo Brera S, Alfa Romeo GT (2006).

2. Being able to have more cars in career garage (like 80 cars instead of current max 22).

3. Bug/Optimisation fixes (stable/fair frame rate optimisation, graphics settings bug, black sky bug, ect...).

4. DRAG racing !!! How did they lost that one ??!

5. And maybe more tracks, but as for me personally, I think that there is enough tracks. But any new would be great :) !
Last edited by vZv on 25 Sep 2009, 23:03, edited 1 time in total.
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

Bojan wrote:SHIFT is out and it's gonna be a relatively long time to the next game in the series.
When is that October 2010?

@vZv: You really can't make your post less interesting to read can you?
Ever seen this button:
It's called the Enter button, and man is it handy, with it you can start a new sentense on the next line.... let me show you, now pressing enter.....

See, I used it twice and I skipped 2 lines, great eh? :roll:
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

First of all they should take time fixing the game. I'm starting to suffer from the "jumping cars" problem... I want to see that fixed otherwise I won't be able to finish any race. After fixing the game, I want:

More tracks, of course. To name a few I would love to see:

- Istanbul Park
- Monza
- Eurospeedway Lausitz
- Hockenheimring
- Phillip Island Grand Prix Circuit
- Shanghai Grand Prix Circuit
- Zandvort
- Estoril Circuit
- Circuit de la Sarthe (24 Hours of LeMans)

More cars, specially some old american muscle that are missing:

1965 Pontiac GTO
1967 Chevrolet Camaro SS
1967 Shelby GT500
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
1970 Plymouth HEMI Cuda
1971 Dodge Challenger
Honda NSX
Toyota Supra
Porsche 911 Carrera RS
Porsche 930
Mitsubishi Eclipse
Chevrolet Corvette C6.R

That's all I can think of. I'll probably remember a few more cars I would like to see. :P
vZv
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by vZv »

2 TheStig

Now it's better, my overlord ?
zedex
Drift King
Drift King

Post by zedex »

oh yeahh!!!
ability to choose your driver helmet!!! *and stig helmet with his racing overall =)*
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Dr Houbenheimer »

Summ wrote:Additional features... I'd rather they spent their time fixing the AI, physics and driver profile.

- Gumpert Apollo!
- Ferrari F430.

Additional tracks:
- Barcelona
- Anderstorp
- Monza
- Imola

On the whole I would agree with you, rubberband's annoying in any racing game, and getting aggression points for AI hitting you is a bit stupid, but hard to prevent, if you get points for collisions between you and the AI, but I reckon cars flipping around the place is pretty cool and fun ( :D ) I love seeing heaps of massive smashes, and aggressive AI drivers having a go at you imo can only add to the experience and make it more interesting.

That's just my 2 cents
Cheesenium
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Cheesenium »

They just need to fix the game now,with all those crashing bugs.
Overreactman
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Overreactman »

I guess it may seem trivial, but the things I want to see in SHIFT are these:

1) Mirroring for decals and vinyls
2) Custom color for decals
3) Larger sizes for vinyls and decals
arabnight
Drift King
Drift King

Post by arabnight »

i think they just need to give us a new game >.> (Huge patch) that fixes all
jacoja06
Professional
Professional

Post by jacoja06 »

The big issue that I would like fixed before anything (for the console versions), is the ability to customize button configurations. I still find it ridiculous how EA never gave us a sensible/traditional controller option.

A much, much better livery editor... with the ability to mirror, more decal options etc, etc. (as post above)

Some additional cars would be great. Even though I feel satisfied with the current car selection, some of the cars Bojan mentioned would be a great addition... Such as the VXR8, Supra or Celica :).

And like I’ve said for every NFS game since NFS:HP2, cars and tracks for the Australian market. EA are way too obsessed about the North American audience. There are other people...
Summ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Summ »

^yes, but there are too few of them ;). I don't understand why they don't focus their market around Europe, though - last I checked we outnumber them almost 3 to 1.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_Europe ~ 830 mil
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographi ... ted_States ~305 mil
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_australia ~21 mil
jacoja06
Professional
Professional

Post by jacoja06 »

Yeah... true. But EA needs to include tonnes of Euro and US cars to keep those two markets happy. Our bogan-occupied country only needs either a Falcon or Commodore to be featured in the game, then everyone will be happy.
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

True, it would not be so hard to add a Commodore and/or a Falcon,

Other than that, the cars that are added by EA are always the US versions of the cars, so they European cars that are added are often the mutilated US versions.... :oops:

I personally think the guys at Forza 3 made a wise decision to add both the Falcon and the Commodore, at this moment only the V8 supercars are confirmed but I have no doubt the road version will be in also.
I don't know if GT4 had them, but it does help to sell in Australia I guess.

I personally think that any sports car should be a good car to add in a racing game.
I really don't understand why they didn't add the Supra in Shift, it's been in NFS since Underground (ok technically it's been in NFS since TNFS, but after that it was gone again.).
jacoja06
Professional
Professional

Post by jacoja06 »

GT3 & GT4 both had the Tickford Falcon V8 supercar, with GT4 also featuring four road cars (Monaro, SS, Typhoon and GT). I remember there was quite a bit of advertising of GT3 during the 2001 V8 Supercar season. I think these really improved the sales in Aus. Turn 10 are playing it smart for Forza 3.

And, yeah... it’s also a shame that EA chooses to have the US versions of most Japanese and European cars. The Honda civic is a perfect example.
Overreactman
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Overreactman »

I agree with jacoja06. I would love to see a few things Australian added to the game as well. Maybe even a Vauxhall or two.
Summ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Summ »

^Would definitely like the Monaro =). Clarkson and company loved that car.
arabnight
Drift King
Drift King

Post by arabnight »

Summ wrote:^Would definitely like the Monaro =). Clarkson and company loved that car.
Get some Alfa Romeo's in there and now we got a car game.
zedex
Drift King
Drift King

Post by zedex »

they should maybe team up with BBC to make NFS: Top Gear, where you get to drive as the infamous Stig around their test track testing different cars =) and you get to enter some weird events like 24 hours of silverstone with a diesel 3 series or an econo-rally in spain lol

or have special event races where you race trains, planes, and boats in SLR, Veyron and DB9

also "cheap car challenges" where you have to go out and buy an old car for really cheap and it has random breakdowns during events...

that would be a fun game...
arabnight
Drift King
Drift King

Post by arabnight »

that does sound pretty fun haha i think i would buy that if it was done right.
Thats a good idea there zeedex
Cpt.Razkit
Professional
Professional

Post by Cpt.Razkit »

One thing so far (360 Version): Get rid of the option to buy cars with Microsoft Points, makes EA look firetruck greedy.

Return to “SHIFT”