Final World Beta Test Before Release

Need for Speed World Online News (visible on NFSUnlimited.net)
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Final World Beta Test Before Release

Post by Bojan »

Need for Speed World is getting a final beta stress test before the July 27th (July 20th for starter pack preorders) release date. It's a two day beta starting today with a few extra goodies for those who participate:
For this special test, we'll give you 8000 SpeedBoost and we're removing rental restrictions on cars so you will be able to rent any car you want from level 1. We'll also be running a community sprint race competition for tier 1, 2 and 3, with the 5 fastest times from each tier winning a pre-order starter pack! More on the community race tomorrow.
More info on the official website.
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Re: Final World Beta Test Before Release

Post by ElvenAvenger »

Free Starter Pack chance?
I'm in.
Ability to rent any car on lvl 1? Fair competition ;)
Will try to win, doubt i'll be able to because i guess we could find 50 people better than me alone on this forums, but its worth a shot. Maybe ill get lucky... :twisted:
Danyutz
Donator
Donator

Post by Danyutz »

And now the beta is filled with noobs with tier 3 cars that don't miss hitting anything on their way, act like plows .. sad.
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

Danyutz wrote:And now the beta is filled with noobs with tier 3 cars that don't miss hitting anything on their way, act like plows .. sad.
Well, its hard not to hit those traffic cars in a race like the tier 3 race.
Its impossible in fact, you get a 2 lane road, and 7 cars behind you spamming traffic magnets....
I think i won't be able to win, its too frustrating. right now i spent WHOLE speedboost to get a tier 3 cars + powerups, but its just impossible to avoid all those traffic magnets and i finally hit a car, the whole run is ruined, i start again, this happens again, and so on. tried like 20 times already...
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

I won't even bother trying to win any prize.

As a matter of fact, I think that World is far behind what has been promised but, worst than that, I see a very unstable game. Traffic still spawns in front of you and lags, other players lag really bad, the cops also spawn randomly, the game crashes for no reason... for a MMO this is really bad.

I thought all the betas would be useful to make this problems go away, but no. Yes, the game improved a lot from the first beta to its actual stage, but it's still far away from being the game players hoped for, and even worse, the game that EA promised it would be (in my opinion, of course). If before I had very good reasons not to buy the starter pack and call this a demo, I even have more now. It looks like an unfinished game, looks like it's still in beta stage. And that shouldn't happen at just some days before the launch.

I hope EA keeps working on World, it has a lot of potential, they are just not doing things right. They did some great stuff, no doubt, but there is still a lot to do if they really want to make a good MMO.
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

I tried to win but it appears that...
1: im so bad that i can't do a thing in NFS World and everyone else is better
2: someone is cheating
3: they are somehow so damn good.

First someone posts a 1.55 time, im trying 20 times to beat it finally i manage a 1.58.93.
Thinking i might get in the top 5, suddenly someone posts a 1.53.89 and my hopes are gone.
Then i try the tier 1 race, obviously someone posts a time 11 seconds faster
...i won't even try Tier 2.
Every single competition i try myself in everyone is suddenly so much better :cry:

Return to “News”