SHIFT 2 Cover Art, Release Date + New Info

Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

SHIFT 2 Cover Art, Release Date + New Info

Post by Hydro_PT »

A bunch of new material regarding Slightly Mad Studios' Need for Speed Shift 2 Unleashed title has surfaced as Amazon.com now lists the title and reveals the cover art.

Amazon lists the release date as March 8 2011, giving us a rough idea on when the title will be available. Keep in mind though that online retailers are notoriously unreliable when it comes to release dates, the fact that EA has already announced a Spring release backs the Amazon date though.

Furthermore, Shift 2 was previewed in the most recent issue of the German PC Games magazine. Their article revealed some new info, stating that Shift 2 will include 140 cars, including the already announced FIA GT1 & GT3 cars as well as prototypes – It seems there will be no shortage of sports car material in the upcoming title.

The article also confirms that Shift 2 will include night racing as well as Suzuka as one of the new tracks. There’s some rather bad info too though as the article states that players can race against 15 opponents, meaning that a full simulation of the FIA GT1 & GT3 Championships would not be possible.

On a brighter note, the article mentions a new "Elite" physics mode that aims to please simulation gamers, a feature that seems to have been scrapped from the first Shift shortly before its release as revealed a few weeks ago.

Need for Speed Shift 2 Unleashed will include the 2010 FIA GT1 World Championship & GT3 European Championship among lots of other racing content, the second Shift is due to be released in Spring 2011.
Source and PS3 cover: http://www.virtualr.net/shift-2-unleash ... e-new-info
Last edited by Hydro_PT on 29 Nov 2010, 21:36, edited 1 time in total.
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Re: Cover Art, Release Date + New Info

Post by ElvenAvenger »

As long as it has RX-7, im not complaining.

Well ok if it will have crappy optimization i will complain :lol:

Anyway, night racing and over one hundred (no, not over nine thousand ) cars seems somewhat satisfying.
I don't know how many cars were in Shift but it wasn't enough :lol:
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Re: SHIFT 2 Cover Art, Release Date + New Info

Post by Hydro_PT »

Well since my post made it to the front page, I edited it just to left the news. My comments are now on this post. :)

Sounds real nice IMO. 140 cars including prototypes and two real world championships is good news. Let's hope they recreate the tracks too so we can have real championships like in GTR 2, F1 2010 or Race On. A LeMans event would also be nice, if those prototypes are the LeMans prototypes. Also, the physics thing is very interesting, too bad they decided to cut it before releasing the game, SHIFT 1 could surely benefit of better physics.

@ElvenAvenger: SHIFT has 84 cars (including all DLCs). It is not bad really, but of course they can do much better. I just hope they don't do it like in GT5, where you have +1000 cars but among them are 20 Mazda MX-5, 15 Subarus Impreza, 25 Skylines and so on. They should focus on creating "singular" cars, not similar cars. SHIFT's car list was good on that, you didn't have "repetition". With Hot Pursuit we had some repetition though, a lot of similar Gallardos for example, they could simply choose two and leave room for other Lamborghinis such as the Diablo or Countach. :)
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

Imo they should go for the fastest versions of every car

Then they could add Skyline R33 maybe or other vehicles from that period.

Some older RX-7's, Supra's could be good too
More BMW's...older Lamborghinis...etc.

I hope it doesn't turn into a prototype fest.

I wonder why for so many years EA didnt go and get the Skyline R34 Mspec Nur instead of Vspec, or Spirit R Type A RX-7.
NFS would be so much better if they took the best stock versions of certain cars.

After all, Shift 2 does come out of NFS series, being a sequel to NFS Shift.

Anyway, that release date sounds reasonable, i guess by that time they will stop releasing DLC's for Hot Pursuit(unless Criterion is given some more freedom) and ill have 100% completion in it....and some money to spend.

But i still think that PC will get short end of the stick when it comes to support, events, DLC, or even the game itself.
Thats how they were doing it since....Most Wanted?
[T][U][N][3][R]
Drift King
Drift King

Post by [T][U][N][3][R] »

140 total cars, minus:
60 cars are different versions of 10 cars.
40 cars are are different versions OF the different versions of those 10 cars, only with different race liveries.

That leaves us with an impressive (not really) 40 unique cars in the game! 30 of which will probably be street cars! Yay! -.-

Worked for Forza, Gran Turismo, GRIP, etc so why not Shift 2...
LancerEvoFan0504
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by LancerEvoFan0504 »

140 cars doesn't seem likwe enough Gran Turismo 3 had about 200 and that wasn't even enough cars.
Overreactman
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Overreactman »

All I want out of this game, and it is such a trivial thing, is the mirror feature. I cannot understand why they removed it many games ago, and why they don't put it back in. Without that feature I will likely bore of the game very quickly and not make much an effort to design cars.

Return to “News”