Report Edited Showroom Cars Here

Everything related to the website services Showroom and Showroom Challenge.
ca$h
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Report Edited Showroom Cars Here

Post by ca$h »

I guess this is the official Report edited cars topic now.

<i>EDIT: Wouldn't the word 'official' only apply when the site staff had sanctioned it? Hmm, well anyway that's exactly what I've done, so now it really is official!

People - please use this topic to report any 'photoshopped' cars in the showroom. Note that this does NOT extend to backgrounds, text and whetever, which are perfectly fine and fair game for editing.

The showroom rules specifically disallow the car itself to be edited with Photoshop filters, new parts added etc. If you find such a car, post a link in reply to this topic and the staff will check it out.

Please also bear in mind the sheer volume of cars we recieve every day. Whilst we do our best to filter out the edits before submitting them to the showroom, sometimes cars still slip through. Don't be dissing the very people who are working hard to bring you this great site - we're doing our best.

GT
8)</i>
Last edited by ca$h on 20 Mar 2005, 03:54, edited 2 times in total.
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

well the person that accepted it... must have missed it.

the not accpeted one... dunno why
wowirace
Professional
Professional

Post by wowirace »

i dont see the difference...

other than the fact that the second one is better...
Morty
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Morty »

First one could have been me, I have missed a few...
The not accepted one has a too big real life picture. The NFSU2 cars should be the main part of the pic, not the real life original...
jemc
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by jemc »

maybe you could make an exeption on this one like you do make exeptions for enzo.ph, because he contrasted his rims of an Evo and that's against the rules ;)
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

There will be no exceptions. We would appreciate it if you post all cars that have been edited here. With so many uploaded daily it's impossible to check every car in detail, so some go through.

As for the second pic: this is a NFSU2 car showroom. A lot of people don't seem to understand that.
wowirace
Professional
Professional

Post by wowirace »

well, the car's been deleted, and i finalyl realized the difference. :)

good job, mods..ill be on the lookout. :lol:
jemc
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by jemc »

Bojan wrote:We would appreciate it if you post all cars that have been edited here.
http://www.nfsunlimited.net/underground ... /?id=17095
http://www.nfsunlimited.net/underground ... /?id=12524
http://www.nfsunlimited.net/underground ... /?id=15044

this should be made sticky and renamed to something like 'Report ilegaly modified cars'
wowirace
Professional
Professional

Post by wowirace »

yeah, i second that!! :D :wink:
ca$h
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by ca$h »

8)
Last edited by ca$h on 20 Mar 2005, 03:46, edited 1 time in total.
jemc
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by jemc »

the contrast has been improved a lot so the rims came out white ;)

edit: the second one is good...as long the main car is from the game. the first one should be deleted
ca$h
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by ca$h »

Oh ok
wowirace
Professional
Professional

Post by wowirace »

huh...you guys are regular "editing masters." :lol:

maybe its because you do the editing yourselves, eh? eh? huh? lol, j/k. :lol:
enzo.ph
Drift King
Drift King

Post by enzo.ph »

hey! jemc you must be drooling about my evo that much that you mention it here! lol! anyways i ask stig about it and he knows about it long before coz i pm hm the day i upload it! freaky my celica and my civic are gone too which i think is very much unfair coz i never did do anything about it.

FYI, i used only mx440 64 mb yeah i know very crapy card can't even have chromes and enough shadows on my rims thats why when i increase brightness it has that effect. so if this is the case then why not delete half of nicoles's car? sorry nicky but i just what to point out something... 8)
jemc
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by jemc »

i like your cars enzo, but let's go by the book :wink:
let's search nicole's garage, shall we?

http://www.nfsunlimited.net/underground ... /?id=15089 <--- white rims - over contrasted
http://www.nfsunlimited.net/underground ... /?id=15686 <--- contrasted, too
http://www.nfsunlimited.net/underground ... /?id=16060 <---- clearly photoshop...you can see the color coming out of the car's shape on top
http://www.nfsunlimited.net/underground ... /?id=15101 <--- moving rims
http://www.nfsunlimited.net/underground ... /?id=15096 <--- extra chrome
http://www.nfsunlimited.net/underground ... /?id=15093 <--- again moving rims

mine: http://www.nfsunlimited.net/underground ... /?id=16487 <--- i used contrast to make the hood darker. deleting it...
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

well even in the challenges the moving rims are allowed so I would not directly qualify that as a change in the car... a complete color change... yes

IMO some things like small contrast work is allowed (if pic looks dark) but I know some change the complete color of the car... etc...

I did some small editing stuff... see if you can find it... (btw I removed the biggest change myself... (was ranked 700+ wich I did not like at all for a car that was not ment to be a BAD car... cause I like my little RX-7..)

if you can see the edits in my garage... post em here.. :wink:

and then let me explain why I did it.. :D
enzo.ph
Drift King
Drift King

Post by enzo.ph »

grrr... a total of 39 favs was wasted there!!! :x i already admitted that i did enhance those rims on my evo i put it on the description! lets be fair here if you deleted my evo without me knowing it then hell lets delete all of those freak'n edited cars here. theres actually so many here but mine was the first victim coz it got a lot of attention.

anyways i don't feel bad about it instead i uplaoded the same cars, 100% authentic this thime no edits thats for sure... you guys can check them out you'll be the judge.
:P
don't forget to rate it a 10 btw. lol! :lol:
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

enzo.ph wrote:then hell lets delete all of those freak'n edited cars here

This is what I'm trying to do ;)
The whole editing thing has gone way too far.
^Sparco^
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by ^Sparco^ »

IMO there is a difference between THISsort of editing and THIS other kind of editing...

The 1st should go, the 2nd should stay (IMO).
Look at EclipsetheDK's ride, it is edited yeah but the main thing is the car. And he hasnt modified the appearance of the car.
But Nicole's one... :roll: :roll: Im not saying that her car sucks, but she added a fancy background and those cool letters "Old school".. people gives out more points for that, even unconsciously.

There are intermediate cases, like THIS one ... not sure about it. Look at the fancy background, and the extreme contrast improvement :roll: Althouogh the main thing is still the car.
jemc
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by jemc »

it's not about the backgrounds here (although i'm still for a new rule that should be the same as it is in the SR challenges). it's about if the car parts aren't originaly from the game (white rims, Mustang hood vinyl etc.)
enzo.ph
Drift King
Drift King

Post by enzo.ph »

There are intermediate cases, like THIS one ... not sure about it. Look at the fancy background, and the extreme contrast improvement :roll: Althouogh the main thing is still the car.[/quote]

:arrow: :lol: i think its completely legal man... its says there in the rulz that you can enhance the the color as long as you don't change the overall look of the car this is allowed so that people with crap gfx card can at least upgrade their cars looks. i ask stig about it and his cool with this kind of enhancement... the backround is just side dish. like you said its the car that gets the attention. :P

as soon i get my new pc early next month i gonna delete all my rides and change them to classic so that you guys can stop whining! :P

btw what you think of my evo? :lol:
jemc
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by jemc »

enzo.ph wrote:(...) the backround is just side dish. like you said its the car that gets the attention. :P :
i'm sorry but with background like this i'm sure it equal atention as the car itself
enzo.ph
Drift King
Drift King

Post by enzo.ph »

like you said it gets "attention" but it doesn't get ratings 8) unless your a dumb newb. anyways... why keep whining about this stuff? its all about the cars if you have photoshop skillz then thats your asset. you think my cars are that bad that i make my presentation so good just to have higher ratings? honestly i don't care about ratings anymore i do it coz i can and i "enjoy" making it thats all. i see a lot of people doing awesome presentations yet they get low ratings... you know why? coz their rides sucks! 8)

i honestly think my cars would be better with classic presentation i really do but my gfx is so damn bad, in fact my fav garage i UrQ's but i guess i have to wait till i get my new pc. :D

heres some piece of advice if you want to make awesome background then make sure your car is equally good coz if not then your just inviting people to give you low ratings. 8) and as long as the challenge rules are not yet implemented in the showroom then i guess theres no stoping the trend. :(
jemc
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by jemc »

enzo.ph wrote:like you said it gets "attention" but it doesn't get ratings 8) unless your a dumb newb.
it happens all the time and looks like there's no stopping to it :wink:
vellu
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by vellu »

It does happen unfortunately. But what also happens is it doesn't take many "seasoned veterans" to take a look at a crap cap/great presentetation to get downrated and commented too.

So in my opinion not a problem big enough to justify rule changes.

Return to “The Showroom”