a very quick n00b ?

Everything that has to do with art goes into this board. Post your creations and hear what other people have to say about it!
NismoSKYLIN3R34
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

a very quick n00b ?

Post by NismoSKYLIN3R34 »

Ok this is a dumb ? but i need to know..........also dont know if this is in the right section but,

How do you make a picture smaller without distorting it all. Get what im saying??
Like downsizing it, but when its smaller the pic looks just like b4 just smaller. Hope ur not confused, thanks
vellu
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by vellu »

With a decent photoeditor, Photoshop or Paint Shop Pro for example. Those both have advanced resizing abilities (filtering, aspect ratio lock, etc).
master m
Valued Member
Valued Member

Re: a very quick n00b ?

Post by master m »

NismoSKYLIN3R34 wrote:Ok this is a dumb ? but i need to know..........also dont know if this is in the right section but,

How do you make a picture smaller without distorting it all. Get what im saying??
Like downsizing it, but when its smaller the pic looks just like b4 just smaller. Hope ur not confused, thanks
I think I know what you mean.

eg:
pic.size = 800x600
file-size = 200kb

use photoshop and save it at lower detail (from 1-12, 12 being the largest filesize)

after:
pic.size 800x600
file-size = +-100kb or less

Is that what you meant :?:
Tunerfreak
Professional
Professional

Post by Tunerfreak »

I don't think thats quite what he meant master m. I think he wants to make a picture smaller without it looking distored afterwards. Microsoft Paint sucks at downsizing and keeping quality. I find that when I use Photoshop to resize pictures, it automaticly keeps the quality good by using filters and things that vellu said.

So take vellu's advice and use a good program for downsizing or if you don't have a good image editing program I suggest you find a way to get hold of one because they really are so much better. :wink:

Maybe you could download a Photoshop trial for 30 days and resize a couple of pics with it before the trial runs out.
NismoSKYLIN3R34
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by NismoSKYLIN3R34 »

Tunerfreak wrote:I don't think thats quite what he meant master m. I think he wants to make a picture smaller without it looking distored afterwards. Microsoft Paint sucks at downsizing and keeping quality. I find that when I use Photoshop to resize pictures, it automaticly keeps the quality good by using filters and things that vellu said.

So take vellu's advice and use a good program for downsizing or if you don't have a good image editing program I suggest you find a way to get hold of one because they really are so much better. :wink:

Maybe you could download a Photoshop trial for 30 days and resize a couple of pics with it before the trial runs out.
Yes that is what i mean. i only have microsoft paint :( So ill do try and download the trial. Thanks a lot guys

Return to “Creativity Board”